Car insurance q | GTAMotorcycle.com

Car insurance q

Ghostrider619

I know this is motorcycle forum but anyways, I got quoted $1,400 for occasional driver. Full G, 24 but no driving experience. Does that $$ sound reasonable for occasional driver. Thanks

$1400 extra on top of whoever's existing policy to add you on?

Where do you live? If you live in Brampton/Markham, perhaps thats the going rate for under 25....

But no, that is not reasonable at all, when comparing to what I was paying ( 2 years ago) as a under 25 year old with a G2... To be added on my parents policy it came out to a little over $400 to be an occasional driver.

I got my car license late in life ( Rode a motorcycle all of University) at 25 for my full G.... My own policy, 1 year of having insurance under my parents and having my g for 4-5 monthes, I am now paying $1600 full coverage by myself.

My son is 20. I pay approximately an extra $2000.00/year on top of my own (relatively) cheap insurance to have him covered as occasional driver on my car. That seems to be the going rate for a lot of people I know with young male secondary drivers living in Toronto.

The only good thing is that he's now away at university so it only applies when school's out but he can still use my car when he comes in for a weekend. It counts as continual coverage so when the time comes, he'll be able to afford insurance on his own as long as he keeps his record clean.

Last edited:
$1400 extra on top of whoever's existing policy to add you on?

Where do you live? If you live in Brampton/Markham, perhaps thats the going rate for under 25....

But no, that is not reasonable at all, when comparing to what I was paying ( 2 years ago) as a under 25 year old with a G2... To be added on my parents policy it came out to a little over $400 to be an occasional driver.

I got my car license late in life ( Rode a motorcycle all of University) at 25 for my full G.... My own policy, 1 year of having insurance under my parents and having my g for 4-5 monthes, I am now paying $1600 full coverage by myself.

Yes Brampton lol :(, you are lucky to be paying $1600 only for yourself, is this just with car policy ? what car & which insurance company if you don't mind. Thank you very much.

my son is 19, just got his G2 and I pay $800 for him to be occasional, but that's with 3 other primaries, so we have multiple discounts along with home ins

I feel lucky I have daughters...
My 16 year old got her G2 yesterday. Our ins. premium went up a little to have her as an occasional driver... $300 or so.

Yes Brampton lol :(, you are lucky to be paying $1600 only for yourself, is this just with car policy ? what car & which insurance company if you don't mind. Thank you very much.

yes that is just for the car.. My bike is with another insurer.
The car is with Sonnet and is a Fiat 500. I have nothing but great things to say about sonnet; it is a pure internet based insurer, and it seems like it is a great option for those that dont want to deal with brokers, online chats, etc. Take a look, you may be surpsed, Sonnet was 1k cheaper than my bike insurer RBC for the car.

Back
Top Bottom