where to buy motorcycle gear? | GTAMotorcycle.com

where to buy motorcycle gear?

I searched on Google too. Found nothing..........:rolleyes:

I've had good luck with Fortnine... 'Prices are competitive and shipping is free on orders over $49... Really though who the hell doesn't spend way more than $49 on one gear purchase?
They're in Montreal so shipping is pretty quick. Most of the orders I've placed arrived in 2-3 days.

The only thing with online shopping is you gotta know your sizing when ordering clothes/helmets/foot wear etc. in order to avoid the hassle of returns/exchanges.

I've had good luck with Fortnine... 'Prices are competitive and shipping is free on orders over $49... Really though who the hell doesn't spend way more than $49 on one gear purchase?
They're in Montreal so shipping is pretty quick. Most of the orders I've placed arrived in 2-3 days.

The only thing with online shopping is you gotta know your sizing when ordering clothes/helmets/foot wear etc. in order to avoid the hassle of returns/exchanges.

So go to a brick and mortar store that pays employees/rent to assist you and then buy it online. That way when you need support or something in a hurry there's nowhere to get it.

Support your local shops.

So go to a brick and mortar store that pays employees/rent to assist you and then buy it online. That way when you need support or something in a hurry there's nowhere to get it.

I'm a firm believer in economic darwinism.
To me, the higher prices I'd have to pay for the privilege of giving them my money isn't incentive enough.
It's been my experience that dealing with large and even small online retailers is far easier than dealing with brick and mortar retailers.
Recently I needed a part for my daughters car... Brick and mortar price $95 and "we'll order it for you, should be here in a week".
Ten minute search online... 'exact same part, $45 delivered to my door in three days.... AM i going to flush $50 down the drain to "support" some guys business... No.
He needs to figure out how to be more competitive or die on the vine.

Of course... Some people enjoy the experience of shopping, walking through a retail location browsing, touching, smelling all the cool merchandise. Me, I do not.
I'd rather sit at my computer in my underwear mouse in one hand, Visa card in the other and wishing like hell I had a third hand.

To me, the higher prices I'd have to pay for the privilege of giving them my money isn't incentive enough.
It's been my experience that dealing with large and even small online retailers is far easier than dealing with brick and mortar retailers.
Recently I needed a part for my daughters car... Brick and mortar price $95 and "we'll order it for you, should be here in a week".
Ten minute search online... 'exact same part, $45 delivered to my door in three days.... AM i going to flush $50 down the drain to "support" some guys business... No.

Of course... Some people enjoy the experience of shopping, walking through a retail location browsing, touching, smelling all the cool merchandise. Me, I do not.
I'd rather sit at my computer in my underwear mouse in one hand, Visa card in the other and wishing like hell I had a third hand.

+0.9

(-0.1 for the graphic finale)

Then order your stuff and cross your fingers it fits. When it doesn't or you have an issue, deal with the exchange hassle. When you need a part for your bike or something breaks make sure you order it, hope it arrives on time, and it's the correct part.

Theres more to supporting your local shop than saving $10 and getting *** sweat on your office chair.

I always get my gear/parts from motorcycle superstore(online), even with the USD its MUCH cheaper. (Often they have free shipping as well)

@Hack I shop at brick & mortar stores in my underwear. Quite liberating.

Sent from the Purple Zone

I always get my gear/parts from motorcycle superstore(online), even with the USD its MUCH cheaper. (Often they have free shipping as well)

Shoei x-14 solid colour $895 with exchange from motorcycle superstore (no shipping or duties calculated). Same helmet from GP Bikes $939. I'm sure they'd come within $10 of that price.

Staggering.

Once your local business gets to know you they also usually offer a bit of a discount and even go out of their way to offer better service. My computer just keeps giving me viruses.

I'm looking for a decent place to get some Alpinestars gloves and boots, if anybody knows any sites or stores to buy from in the GTA
Will help if you tell us where in the GTA

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Then order your stuff and cross your fingers it fits. When it doesn't or you have an issue, deal with the exchange hassle. When you need a part for your bike or something breaks make sure you order it, hope it arrives on time, and it's the correct part.

Theres more to supporting your local shop than saving $10 and getting *** sweat on your office chair.

If it was $10 difference nobody would cry about prices at local stores/shops.

You make online shopping a tad more dramatic than it actually is.
It literally is sitting in your underwear with a mouse and a Visa, as mentioned above.

Knowing your size is not rocket science exactly. Fitment descriptions are great online nowadays. Same with parts, I'm not exactly trembling with fear that I'll receive an incorrect one or that I'll have to wait half a year for it. There's no exchange hustle. Times have changed.

With that said, I gladly buy from nearby stores IF their prices are reasonable and service is good. What I'm not willing to do is to pay triple or put up with some crusty weirdo's antics.

It literally is sitting in your underwear with a mouse and a Visa, as mentioned above.

Knowing your size is not rocket science exactly. Fitment descriptions are great online nowadays. Same with parts, I'm not exactly trembling with fear that I'll receive an incorrect one or that I'll have to wait half a year for it. There's no exchange hustle. Times have changed.

With that said, I gladly buy from nearby stores IF their prices are reasonable and service is good. What I'm not willing to do is to pay triple or put up with some crusty weirdo's antics.

You make it sound like I've never purchased anything from the internet.

I guess I'm more picky with how my stuff fits and haven't come across enough crusty weirdos that wandered in from behind their screen.

Sizes across brands are never universal. I've got helmets ranging in size from medium to xlarge. But, to each his own. I've bought brainless things online, but mostly I go visit my local shop. I've built a decent enough relationship with the sales and parts guys, that I get a decent discount, which more then makes up for the potential savings of online shopping, and I don't have to wait for my new junk to ship. I can touch it immediately!!! I like to touch my junk!

Make sure to buy your valve clearance and your forks refresh online as well, cause once the local stores close because all you guys are buying online to save a small amount of money you will have no where to go or the line ups a are going to be huge

@dricked

thats a 45$ difference, I have no problem supporting local as long as its close...but i saved HUNDREDS on my gear shopping online. thats not a 'small' amount of money. Its fairly easy to figure out sizing if you have half a brain, find a conversion chart, use a tailors measuring tape, or hat size for reference, and voila!

As for maintenance i just had frekeguy do an awesome job(as always)

Back
Top Bottom