What could be the best motor oil? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What could be the best motor oil?

I think you might be, unless I am....., it's save 15 percent on each item, but they are sold separately...or so it seems on the online flyer

pump.jpg

Last edited:
@GateKeeper am I misreading it?
It says pump AND rotella t 18L pail.
I would argue that that is a combo price.

Sent from my purple GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

I also double checked the online flyer in the meantime. The paper flyer covers this by having the range of prices. $36.54-67.99. The pump is $36.54, the oil is $67.99. Both are 15% off. I agree that the way they put it on there is confusing, though.

You got me all hyped up for nothing Joe!

As is generally the case with BMW, only BMW oil is recommended.
Spectrpo4 dino oil was actually labelled and sold as BMW oil before BMW started bringing their own oil to the North American market.
A litre of Spectro4 is about two-thirds the price of a litre of BMW oil at the dealer.

Spectrpo4 dino oil was actually labelled and sold as BMW oil before BMW started bringing their own oil to the North American market.
A litre of Spectro4 is about two-thirds the price of a litre of BMW oil at the dealer.

my last oil change at the BMW dealership, they used Motul oil, I'll check the invoice for the specific one that was used. not all are following the mother ship.....

My BMW dealer recommend Lucas, and that is what I buy from them. Never really gave it much thought, just buy it and when it is time for an oil change fill it up and ride away.

Not so much a best oil comment but more so a whats the cheapest half decent full synthetic oil that is 10w40. I've been a rotella T6 fan for all my years of riding and never had an issue, but now the bike has a warranty and its a long one to boot.

That also with the fact that a 5w40 should by all rights break down faster than a 10w40, and the factory suggests 10w40, not sure if it could ever be an issue since it is JASO MA rated but id imagine if i busted something while trying to run 20w50 in the cold it would not be covered for what id call fairly obvious reasons. I just figure with the fact it could be perhaps be an issue and the fact a 10w should last a bit longer, i'll just pay the price difference unless I knew for sure that good old T6 would never cause a problem with warranty work.

Cheapest I have found so far is 4L Motul 7100 from GP Bikes for $60. Sure you can get it off them for cheaper than that with coupons but for sake of argument lets call it $60.

Does anyone have a full synthetic 10w40 for cheaper?

Back
Top Bottom