What could be the best motor oil? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What could be the best motor oil?

What ever oil that is spec for the motor it's intended followed by free to obtain at no cost. Possibly free to change out old for new. But, somehow free and good enough to use and effective for it's purpose and easy to find. That IMO would be best.

I noticed you did not tell us what kind of motorcycles you're riding.
Some brands are better than others depending on who made your bike.
For example, I am riding an older BMW which was built before synthetic oil was available, so synthetic is not recommended.
If you go on the builder's website and look up your specific ride they will generally suggest two or three brands.
Select the one that's available in your area.

For street use if your bike says to use synthetic then do so, otherwise dino is good enough.

Rotella, in its various forms, is relatively inexpensive, wet clutch friendly and has a good reputation. Most of the people I ride with have 100k - 200k km on their bikes (max is 650k km) and zero issues with Rotella. Motors still running strong and nil or minimal oil consumption between oil changes. You could spend a lot more for your oil but why bother.

Ive been loyal to pure extra virgin olive oil, sometimes, when I really wanna go rip on the bike, I mix a small amount of canola with the olive, bike runs tits.

Did some more research on this Rotella T4 because I saw on the Canadian Tire website that Rotella T is on sale. Well when I got there all the buckets were labelled T4. Turns out T4 is a new formula replacing the T (or so my Googling tells me). T4 is CK-4 rated instead of CJ-4 (I have no idea what that means). It does have JASO DH-2 rating. Not sure what JASO that T had.

http://rotella.shell.com/products/rotella-triple-protection.html

I bought 23L for my 944 so I don't think I'll be buying oil for awhile.

Now to figure out what oil the CBX 1000 I'm looking at takes.

Last edited:
carando_spring_is_in_the_air_gusto.jpg

Oil threads are canaries in the coal mine that warn us of the impending robot takeover. Humans just can't agree on much of anything, not even lubricants specifically recommended by the manufacturer of their motorcycles.

There will be logical consensus among the robots on what the BEST OIL is. No emotion or branding to cloud the thread, just cold, hard logic. The same sort of logic that will doom humanity, if we let it.

Poor Gustavo! Plagued by so many deep questions, helplessly lost but unrelenting in the pursuit of ascension to enlightenment.

Hello everyone my name is Gustavo Woltmann and I am an assistant in a small publishers office. Just want to ask:

"if Casio Gshock is considered a luxury watch? What are the basis to be considered?"

"if some of you guys have tried camping here in the Philippines? Where did you camped out and how was the weather and surrounding during your camping?"

"anyone here who has tried lake fishing for tilapia? Was it hard? What did you used as a bait?"

"if there is an online classical guitar offered for kids?"

"regarding a Bible app you may suggest that is best for downloading and installing on my android phone?"

"for some game apps that can be played even with no internet?"

"your favorite partners when it comes to eating a delicious bbq? For me, I love it with rice and gravy."

"a question regarding an online guitar tutorial"

"if someone here knows a school who offers an online C/C++ tutorials?"

"your favorite beer so far? And what do you think is the best beer?"

Poor Gustavo! Plagued by so many deep questions, helplessly lost but unrelenting in the pursuit of ascension to enlightenment.

Hello everyone my name is Gustavo Woltmann and I am an assistant in a small publishers office. Just want to ask:

"if Casio Gshock is considered a luxury watch? What are the basis to be considered?"

"if some of you guys have tried camping here in the Philippines? Where did you camped out and how was the weather and surrounding during your camping?"

"anyone here who has tried lake fishing for tilapia? Was it hard? What did you used as a bait?"

"if there is an online classical guitar offered for kids?"

"regarding a Bible app you may suggest that is best for downloading and installing on my android phone?"

"for some game apps that can be played even with no internet?"

"your favorite partners when it comes to eating a delicious bbq? For me, I love it with rice and gravy."

"a question regarding an online guitar tutorial"

"if someone here knows a school who offers an online C/C++ tutorials?"

"your favorite beer so far? And what do you think is the best beer?"

Maybe somebody is using forum answers to train an AI. Or maybe somebody is taking answers and posting them to a research service

Did some more research on this Rotella T4 because I saw on the Canadian Tire website that Rotella T is on sale. Well when I got there all the buckets were labelled T4. Turns out T4 is a new formula replacing the T (or so my Googling tells me). T4 is CK-4 rated instead of CJ-4 (I have no idea what that means). It does have JASO DH-2 rating. Not sure what JASO that T had.

http://rotella.shell.com/products/rotella-triple-protection.html

I bought 23L for my 944 so I don't think I'll be buying oil for awhile.

Now to figure out what oil the CBX 1000 I'm looking at takes.
Did you get the free pump that they were advertising with it?

Sent from the Purple Zone

Did you get the free pump that they were advertising with it?

I did not and I did not see that. Got a link? A pump sure would be handy for that giant bucket of oil. Knowing my luck I'll drop it while trying to pour it into something easier and create a hell of a mess, lol.

Unfortunately I think I threw out the receipt yesterday, though, but maybe I can dig it out of my recycling if I need it.

I did not and I did not see that. Got a link? A pump sure would be handy for that giant bucket of oil. Knowing my luck I'll drop it while trying to pour it into something easier and create a hell of a mess, lol.

Unfortunately I think I threw out the receipt yesterday, though, but maybe I can dig it out of my recycling if I need it.
Yeah get the receipt.
It was in the flyer.
I'll see if it is still in my recycling bin

cf1ee3b7064f1b01d3c9f38ba5228e79.jpg

@unL33T

@GateKeeper am I misreading it?
It says pump AND rotella t 18L pail.
I would argue that that is a combo price.

Sent from my purple GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Back
Top Bottom