up/down quickshifter? | GTAMotorcycle.com

up/down quickshifter?

dina

how does this work on bikes like a s1000r/rr?

is there a specific rpm where it wont work, can you seriously ride the bike around without ever having to use the clutch except for starting off.

how does this work on bikes like a s1000r/rr?

is there a specific rpm where it wont work, can you seriously ride the bike around without ever having to use the clutch except for starting off.

The shift sensor is bi-directional so when you upshift it cuts spark/ignition like all other QS systems and when you downshift it blips the throttle for you allowing a clutchless downshift. The bike needs electronic throttle bodies for the clutchless down shifts to be possible but there are systems out there that can be added to mechanical theorottle bodies. I know with the 16+ zx10 the clutchless downshift doesn't work below 3000rpm.

You can ride any bike without using the clutch except for taking off, it just takes a bit of practice.

It works incredibly well. Both the up and down changes were so smooth on the new S1000RR I couldn't even feel the gear cogs on the track, I had to listen for the blip. It doesn't work at very low RPM, but it's really a non-issue.

Back
Top Bottom