Obama's Legacy | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Obama's Legacy

Or perhaps exposed it, rather than sweep it under the rug.

First president to experience racism each and every day of his presidency. His pick for a judicial replacement was previously OKed by quite a few republicans but as soon as Obama gave him the nod it was rejected. Nearly every piece of common sense legislation was stonewalled by republicans intent on not letting anything pass. He could have said "free money for everyone" and the republicans would have said no just because. Comments such as "first thing Trump has to do is fumigate the White House" show what people were really thinking.

His real legacy? Acting calm and being presidential even when faced with a bunch of mainly white, godfearin' , kkk tent wearin', juvenile dickheads intent on blocking his every move. That...and wiping Bin Laden off the planet.

Or perhaps exposed it, rather than sweep it under the rug.

... indeed.

Care to elaborate on what meaningful action he's taken to 'expose' racial tensions, and more importantly anything he's done to improve the lives of the minorities that swept him into office. I don't think anyone can argue things have exponentially degraded during his two terms, and the poorest of the poor minority (and white) communities have seen zero meaningful improvement; maybe even worse off now, though admittedly speculative. I honestly lol when people utter the term "greatest POTUS ever". Maybe slickest... even Billy J would have a hard time out charming Obama.

First president to experience racism each and every day of his presidency. His pick for a judicial replacement was previously OKed by quite a few republicans but as soon as Obama gave him the nod it was rejected. Nearly every piece of common sense legislation was stonewalled by republicans intent on not letting anything pass. He could have said "free money for everyone" and the republicans would have said no just because. Comments such as "first thing Trump has to do is fumigate the White House" show what people were really thinking.

His real legacy? Acting calm and being presidential even when faced with a bunch of mainly white, godfearin' , kkk tent wearin', juvenile dickheads intent on blocking his every move. That...and wiping Bin Laden off the planet.

This comment is more juvenile than anything Obama ever faced... It's absolutely lazy and incendiary to link partisan challenges to his positions as racist. This is the kind of manufactured racism that makes everything worse.. In fact it's in itself a racist comment.

This comment is more juvenile than anything Obama ever faced... It's absolutely lazy and incendiary to link partisan challenges to his positions as racist. This is the kind of manufactured racism that makes everything worse.. In fact it's in itself a racist comment.

Prove me wrong if it's all juvenile. Remember when Obama was heckled down by a republican during a speech? That caused an uproar because there's supposed to be some decorum and deference to the highest position in the land...are you saying colour had zero to do with it? Are you saying colour had zero to do with Trump repeatedly asking for his birth certificate despite it being a lunatic demand! The reference by a republican to apes in the whitehouse in a Facebook post I think too. What about Obama's pick for the Supreme Court....that has been traditionally allowed in every presidency except this one. Why now? Trump supporters commenting on fumigating the Whitehouse before Trump moves in. Nothing t do with skin colour?

Or did none of the above happen? Did I just imagine it? There was zero issue with the colour of the presidents skin?

Give me a break.

Prove me wrong if it's all juvenile. Remember when Obama was heckled down by a republican during a speech? That caused an uproar because there's supposed to be some decorum and deference to the highest position in the land...are you saying colour had zero to do with it? Are you saying colour had zero to do with Trump repeatedly asking for his birth certificate despite it being a lunatic demand! The reference by a republican to apes in the whitehouse in a Facebook post I think too. What about Obama's pick for the Supreme Court....that has been traditionally allowed in every presidency except this one. Why now? Trump supporters commenting on fumigating the Whitehouse before Trump moves in. Nothing t do with skin colour?

Or did none of the above happen? Did I just imagine it? There was zero issue with the colour of the presidents skin?

Give me a break.

In all of that, you made one reference to something that would could be actually be racist... You think.. I've highlighted it; care to link it? And if it happened and that member was appropriately debt with, what are you hanging your hat on? Speculative, inferred motivations. You're projecting the racism; can't you see that? This is the exact behaviour that has led the US to the point of possibly undoing 40 years of progress.

[video=youtube;piwaBO6U43U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piwaBO6U43U[/video]

In all of that, you made one reference to something that would could be actually be racist... You think.. I've highlighted it; care to link it? And if it happened and that member was appropriately debt with, what are you hanging your hat on? Speculative, inferred motivations. You're projecting the racism; can't you see that? This is the exact behaviour that has led the US to the point of possibly undoing 40 years of progress.

So...Trump asking for a birth certificate. Definitely not racist in intent then? Gotcha. Not sure I saw him asking for Clintons birth certificate but maybe I missed that. Maybe it was just innocent playful behaviour? Gawsh..I'm so naive.

These alternative facts being discussed these days must be like a virus. You should have been inoculated while you had a chance.

So...Trump asking for a birth certificate. Definitely not racist in intent then? Gotcha. Not sure I saw him asking for Clintons birth certificate but maybe I missed that. Maybe it was just innocent playful behaviour? Gawsh..I'm so naive.

These alternative facts being discussed these days must be like a virus. You should have been inoculated while you had a chance.

Did the Clintons grow up in another country... Obama did.. You glaze that over to throw down the race card; exactly my point.

You're conveniently leaving out what... 4 other counties his administration bombed back to the middle ages lol... but he wear's blue so he's good enough for you.

And make all the excuses for ACA you like, the fact of the matter is, for the average citizen it's not worked... But go ahead and keep pointing the finger at the other side of the isle... maybe toss in a few insults. When done, ask yourself how a Trump got the White House again... lol

The aca is hardly what he wanted, it's what America ended up with and it was better that what they had prior, I know a number of people that wouldn't have had the option of insurance prior. There seem to be a number of people that voted for trump to repeal obamacare not realizing that it was really the aca that they depended on. Just look at all the trumpgret on twitter

Hawaii is hardly another country, though some say it should be. And 5 years of childhood (6-11) outside of Hawaii is hardly growing up.

Yeah could have said "for a time" Doesn't change the fact that acting as though nobody challenging Clinton's birth record is false equivalency used to conger up a racism narrative... if Clinton was Von Clinton and his parents met and conceived in Germany, and he lived in say Austria for a time, the same crap wouldve surround him... Silly nationalism imo for sure, but it wasn't racist.

He made unprecedented moves on climate change, but for some, that will count as a negative.

So the 43 other Presidents did not appear to do much either (some owned slaves)...and we expect this guy to fix the problems of over 200 years???
Is that the same time where the Democrats refused to release their slaves?

So the 43 other Presidents did not appear to do much either (some owned slaves)...and we expect this guy to fix the problems of over 200 years???

Do you think he's the greatest POTUS ever? Because I started this thread after weeks of hearing that statement following the usual Trump trashing. I certainly think there is a great argument against such a statement. Statements like yours are simple obfuscation to shut down any reasonable discourse. Of course they all have pros and cons; stay on point.

Back
Top Bottom