Obama's Legacy | GTAMotorcycle.com

Obama's Legacy

Neil_V

Site Supporter
In the interest of fairness, I thought we could have a place to share our feelings on the outgoing POTUS

I'll start with a piece from an independent who echos my feelings of disappointment with the lack of real meaningful change and broken promises, particularly in the areas of foreign policy, civil liberties and privacy rights

[video=youtube;oeDZIyGkGNM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeDZIyGkGNM[/video]

Or in the words of Micheal Moore, his legacy will be 'first black president', and nothing more.

He put in the first iteration of universal healthcare. That will eventually become a milestone. It didn't help that he had both houses working full time trying to discredit him.

Writing legislation that requires (not ensures) all Americans have health insurance (not universal access) and providing some subsidies to try and accomplish that, is a long long way from universal health care. It's more a kin to a mandatory auto liability insurance act... not so bad for the insurance providers as we all know.

He is a f-in cockroach who finally showed what he really believes in in the last few months... He is a reprehensible liar.

BB

2 things for me:

1. obamacare (good idea in theory, but flawed in deployment)
2. mass electronic surveillance (to which he doubled down right before the end of his tenure)

Last edited:
In the interest of fairness, I thought we could have a place to share our feelings on the outgoing POTUS

I'll start with a piece from an independent who echos my feelings of disappointment with the lack of real meaningful change and broken promises, particularly in the areas of foreign policy, civil liberties and privacy rights

[video=youtube;oeDZIyGkGNM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeDZIyGkGNM[/video]

I question the "Independence" of the piece but the most important comment was that he was a teleprompter reader as are most party heads (I don't like the term "leader") in the world today. Being a politician today is like being a referee in a bar room brawl where there are no rules and nice guys finish last.

He will be remembered for being black and for Obamacare. How the latter will pan out in the days or years to come remains to be seen.

Also only 2 term president in history to be at war each and everyday of his Presidency. Add to that the record smashing 200 billion+ in weapon sales to other nations/groups and the drone strikes... This is why you don't pass judgement on leaders in the first year or two... this guy won a freakin nobel peace prize ffs.

I question the "Independence" of the piece but the most important comment was that he was a teleprompter reader as are most party heads (I don't like the term "leader") in the world today. Being a politician today is like being a referee in a bar room brawl where there are no rules and nice guys finish last.

He will be remembered for being black and for Obamacare. How the latter will pan out in the days or years to come remains to be seen.

Canadian living in Japan who, if you look through his channel, is non partisan without a doubt. Not independent enough? I used that label manly because he's cynical to the system as a whole; and he's reporting from his living room lol. Kind of Alex Jones without the production quality crazy and sales pitches. Do I buy it all, of course not, but he presents facts that can easily be verified.

He did not do well to ease the racial tension in the US.

Also only 2 term president in history to be at war each and everyday of his Presidency. Add to that the record smashing 200 billion+ in weapon sales to other nations/groups and the drone strikes... This is why you don't pass judgement on leaders in the first year or two... this guy won a freakin nobel peace prize ffs.
one war he inherited the second was caused by trying to end the one he inherited too soon at the will of the people.
ACA is similar to what some republicans put forward for health care years ago but it's not what obama proposed, it's what was compromised on, but even if he had put forward a plan that not only paid for it's self but made the country money the republicans would have tried to kill it because of the stupid politics involved.

LOL at the responses in this thread/forum in general.

For those of you who have not already, BBC has a fantastic piece called Hypernormalization which puts into perspective the circumstances that culminated in the world being the way it is today.

Gotta love the internet where you can have the IQ of an idiot and espouse geopolitical theories at the same time.

[video=youtube;f9m2yReECak]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9m2yReECak[/video]

one war he inherited the second was caused by trying to end the one he inherited too soon at the will of the people.
ACA is similar to what some republicans put forward for health care years ago but it's not what obama proposed, it's what was compromised on, but even if he had put forward a plan that not only paid for it's self but made the country money the republicans would have tried to kill it because of the stupid politics involved.

You're conveniently leaving out what... 4 other counties his administration bombed back to the middle ages lol... but he wear's blue so he's good enough for you.

And make all the excuses for ACA you like, the fact of the matter is, for the average citizen it's not worked... But go ahead and keep pointing the finger at the other side of the isle... maybe toss in a few insults. When done, ask yourself how a Trump got the White House again... lol

Or perhaps exposed it, rather than sweep it under the rug.
If inciting violence & looting is exposing, I don't want any exposure

Back
Top Bottom