600cc bike recommendations for cheap insurance | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

600cc bike recommendations for cheap insurance

@Gadget .... No. The GS500F does not look like nor feel like a SS, nor does it have the power or delivery. Yes I've ridden one. It is however a great starter/commuting/etc. bike.

I'm 23 with an M2 on an FZ 09. I pay $1900 per year no collision. This bike has a lot more snap than my old 2015 CBR600RR. This would smoke the Honda to probably 100 mph.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I'm 23 with an M2 on an FZ 09. I pay $1900 per year no collision. This bike has a lot more snap than my old 2015 CBR600RR. This would smoke the Honda to probably 100 mph.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Where do you live? and how long you been riding?

Probably dont have full coverage amiright?

And who are you with?

The CBR500 is more like 300 class speed, it's basically as fast as a R3 from what I remember. The Ninja should be faster than a 500RA, but it's a little older nowadays and it also lacks EFI if the OP is looking for modern electronics.

I rode a Ninja 500R for several years and put nearly 45,000 km on it. It is by no means an SS (and it wasn't designed to be) but it is very comfort and has incredible range per tank. Agreed, the styling may be a little dated but for those that like the old school look (I did) it's not bad. It is a fairly capable bike when in the hands of good rider which makes it a great commuter, light sport tourer and a back road machine. I also rode it 2up with my wife plenty of times and it had a decent amount of power to pass on the highway even with saddle bags and a top box on.

Take a look at the Yamaha FZ6R. Its an R6 engine with different cams and a tune. Still makes around 100Hp (high 90's I think?) but is classed as a sport tourer while looking like a sport bike. I got a quote not long ago under $200 a month and Im 22 with a years riding experience. If you're into the ugly curves you could check out a Suzuki Katana 600. Same deal, just a tuned GSXR.

Take a look at the Yamaha FZ6R. Its an R6 engine with different cams and a tune. Still makes around 100Hp (high 90's I think?) but is classed as a sport tourer while looking like a sport bike. I got a quote not long ago under $200 a month and Im 22 with a years riding experience. If you're into the ugly curves you could check out a Suzuki Katana 600. Same deal, just a tuned GSXR.

Uh....no the fz6r makes roughly 60-65 hp, about the same as a 650 twin.

Or an FZ09 insurance wise, however for a new rider this is not recommended, way more power and torque than a sewing machine.. I mean a super sport.
I have no idea what insurance is like on them, but if you want the closest thing to sportbike performance, a Striple R definitely would be it

Last edited:

You're thinking FZ6, not FZ6R. Yamaha really gutted the FZ6R power-wise.

My first bike was a Suzuki gs500f, I had m M2 as well and only paid $50 a month for insurance. the stance of the bike is comfortable (touring) however it looks and feels similar to a super sport, and has some balls too!

Hmmm... I'm trying a GS500 for a while just because I've always wanted to, and while it is a great commuter/beginner bike, it does not feel like an SS and at best has one ball. The upside is that the motor is real easy to work on!

Depends how much you want to spend, but some suggestions:

CBR650F
Ninja 650R
FZ-07
FZ6
SV650
599 Hornet

The SV will probably give you the closest ergo to a sport bike, but anything on this list is gonna need some $$$ invested into the suspension if you want it to handle like one. I got quotes on both the SV650 and FZ6 before buying my FZ6 last year, they'll both cost about the same to insure.

On that list, I feel like CBR650F is the best bike on the market, especially with the 2017 revisions. If I wanted a new bike, it'd be in consideration.

Hmmm... I'm trying a GS500 for a while just because I've always wanted to, and while it is a great commuter/beginner bike, it does not feel like an SS and at best has one ball. The upside is that the motor is real easy to work on!

On that list, I feel like CBR650F is the best bike on the market, especially with the 2017 revisions. If I wanted a new bike, it'd be in consideration.

Revisions?

Id take the Fz07 over the rest from that list

Also the cbr650 is a little over priced imo at 9k, when you can get an fz 09 for that price

Is it true that 4 years of riding experience is needed? I tried searching google quickly but can't find this rule anywhere. Got a quote last year and decided to wait for insurance to go down a bit and get a bike this year instead. Hoping its not true :(

Is it true that 4 years of riding experience is needed? I tried searching google quickly but can't find this rule anywhere. Got a quote last year and decided to wait for insurance to go down a bit and get a bike this year instead. Hoping its not true :(
Getting insurance is easier than getting a job nowadays (if you have money to spend from said job*) you only need experience for most places, but there are companies that take anyone and everyone, if they can pay.
RidersPlus has said I needed 4years minimum I think, but Aviva took me on my first year.

Getting insurance is easier than getting a job nowadays (if you have money to spend from said job*) you only need experience for most places, but there are companies that take anyone and everyone, if they can pay.
RidersPlus has said I needed 4years minimum I think, but Aviva took me on my first year.

Got a quote last year from Aviva and all was well. I spoke with a rep today who told me they have new rules. As of Jan.1st 2017 you must have 4 years experience to be insured on a super sport with them.

Got a quote last year from Aviva and all was well. I spoke with a rep today who told me they have new rules. As of Jan.1st 2017 you must have 4 years experience to be insured on a super sport with them.

Bingo.

Although they also changed the rules so new riders can get a get upto 750cc

Bingo.

Although they also changed the rules so new riders can get a get upto 750cc

Correct.
I got a reasonable quote from Dalton Timmis on a 600 and 750, but they require you to transfer your car over. Car is a lot more and bike a lot less, overall I will end up paying less than other places so I'm happy :)

Correct.
I got a reasonable quote from Dalton Timmis on a 600 and 750, but they require you to transfer your car over. Car is a lot more and bike a lot less, overall I will end up paying less than other places so I'm happy :)

Never ceases to amaze me, the entire premise of insurance is based around risk, yet for some reason car is more expensive than bikes...(i pay a bit more for car than i do for bike as well) Makes me wonder if the insurance industry is just fraud

Perhaps they figure the market for auto is far larger than motorcycles, so if they start ripping those people off, the profit margin goes up

Risk is higher for motorcycles. It bears repeating - the value of your car or bike is peanuts to insurance companies. The value of your frail human body is significant

Back
Top Bottom