600cc bike recommendations for cheap insurance | GTAMotorcycle.com

600cc bike recommendations for cheap insurance

Jpg2424

Hi Everyone,

Im having trouble finding a sport bike that will be affordable to insure with the new insurance laws of 2017 in Ontario.

I am 27 years old, clean record, took the rider safety course, and have had my M2 since July 2016.

I was hoping to get a super sport like GSXR 600, ZX6, R6, Or CBR 600 but apparently you need 4 years of experience now before they even consider insuring you which sucks. If anybody knows of an insurance company that would insure me please let me know!!

Anyway, I was wondering if anybody had 600cc bike recommendation that would give similar handling and performance to a sportbike but affordable to insure, my max budget is 250$ a month.

I looked at a few sport touring like Yamaha FZ6 or Kawasaki ZZR 600 and im open to considering others if they will be fun to ride and look decent.

Thanks for your help!

I'd look at an FZ-07 with Aviva, which you could insure no problem under the new rules. Doubt you'd get it for under $250/month though.

Look for a straight-bar bike with modest power. Perhaps an SV650 or the aforementioned FZ-07.

If you've an itch that can only be scratched by a supersport buy a track-only bike and bypass insurance altogether.

Depends how much you want to spend, but some suggestions:

CBR650F
Ninja 650R
FZ-07
FZ6
SV650
599 Hornet

The SV will probably give you the closest ergo to a sport bike, but anything on this list is gonna need some $$$ invested into the suspension if you want it to handle like one. I got quotes on both the SV650 and FZ6 before buying my FZ6 last year, they'll both cost about the same to insure.

Why not just get a 500RA or Ninja 500R?

The CBR500 is more like 300 class speed, it's basically as fast as a R3 from what I remember. The Ninja should be faster than a 500RA, but it's a little older nowadays and it also lacks EFI if the OP is looking for modern electronics.

sevet is right on target with these options. Maybe add to it the Suzuki GSX650F to the list.

Should be better on insurance and a buddy of mine has one that gets pretty sporty :)

CBR650F
Ninja 650R
FZ-07
FZ6
SV650
599 Hornet

The SV will probably give you the closest ergo to a sport bike, but anything on this list is gonna need some $$$ invested into the suspension if you want it to handle like one. I got quotes on both the SV650 and FZ6 before buying my FZ6 last year, they'll both cost about the same to insure.

sevet is right on target with these options. Maybe add to it the Suzuki GSX650F to the list.

Should be better on insurance and a buddy of mine has one that gets pretty sporty :)

Forgot about the GSX650F, but the most remarkable thing about the GSX650F? I believe it's the only bike on that list with a wet weight of >500 lbs. I think it's pushing like 530-540 lbs wet.

If you've an itch that can only be scratched by a supersport buy a track-only bike and bypass insurance altogether.

Despite what their ego may tell them pretty much NO ONE who never owned a bike before has an itch that can only be scratched by a supersport. There's a lot more to motorcycling than just supersports.

Hell, who I am to talk, I just turned 27 today myself and can't wait to scratch that same itch this summer.

Look for a straight-bar bike with modest power. Perhaps an SV650 or the aforementioned FZ-07.

+1 for the SV650 ;)

The CBR500 is more like 300 class speed, it's basically as fast as a R3 from what I remember. The Ninja should be faster than a 500RA, but it's a little older nowadays and it also lacks EFI if the OP is looking for modern electronics.

Except the power starts way earlier, and with all that torque it'll throw you back easy.

With the 300s you gotta rev em way up for the same power that is essentially delivered the minute you turn the throttle.

Of course its also fun to rev the bikes up to 12k and bang through the gears!

Cant go wrong either way.

Can’t agree more. CB500’s are economical but lazy as hell. SV650 is a much better choice …

CBR650F
Ninja 650R
FZ-07
FZ6
SV650
599 Hornet

Add the Street Triple to the list.

via Tapatalk

I have no idea what insurance is like on them, but if you want the closest thing to sportbike performance, a Striple R definitely would be it

To the OP there are insurance companies that will cover you (probably State Farm among others) however the rates will be what I personally consider ridiculous. My advice, get a cheap used bike like one of the bikes mentioned above, get your M, ride for a couple years. Then you will see your insurance rates drop drastically.

My first bike was a Suzuki gs500f, I had m M2 as well and only paid $50 a month for insurance. the stance of the bike is comfortable (touring) however it looks and feels similar to a super sport, and has some balls too!

My first bike was a Suzuki gs500f, I had m M2 as well and only paid $50 a month for insurance. the stance of the bike is comfortable (touring) however it looks and feels similar to a super sport, and has some balls too!

A GS500F looks and feels like the SS?

hqdefault.jpg

:confused:

maybe hes a shorter guy and has an easier time tucking

Back
Top Bottom