Insurance companies whose rates are set by displacement? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insurance companies whose rates are set by displacement?

xSocialx

I've searched the forums and just have a few questions.

I want to go from a CBR500R to a CBR600RR or a GSXR600 but the gap in insurance is crazy...

I read on another thread that the OP's insurance policy with State Farm, on his S1000rr, went up over 250% on renewal... He said State Farm is no longer basing its rates solely on displacement any longer.

Can anyone confirm this? And does anyone know of a company that does insure based on displacement?

I've searched the forums and just have a few questions.

I want to go from a CBR500R to a CBR600RR or a GSXR600 but the gap in insurance is crazy...

I read on another thread that the OP's insurance policy with State Farm, on his S1000rr, went up over 250% on renewal... He said State Farm is no longer basing its rates solely on displacement any longer.

Can anyone confirm this? And does anyone know of a company that does insure based on displacement?

State Farm was purchased by Desjardins just over a year ago. Maybe even farther back but, they effectively made changes to motorcycle ratings so it doesn't appear to follow cc logic in the same manner it used to.

Some of the Insurance experts can chime in but, they typically avoid answering in public about direct writers criteria etc.

Maybe they can?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbr500r
42.9HP

CBR600rr
106hp

Seems legit.....you actually think insurance companies are morons?

edit: statefarm was lenient and throwing people a bone with this a few years back and got burned hard by the 18-25 crowd

Call a broker, let them search and fight for good deals. Join Riders for better rates (Ontario) on Facebook and post your stuff, brokers will come to use, easier than doing **** over the phone. I remember a few years I was looking for a 1st gen R1 and getting quoted around 5k/year, now I am getting quoted around 1k+. Time and driving history seem to be the only things that really make a difference.

Back
Top Bottom