Fork Bushings | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Fork Bushings

@ Clem, can you share your experience? Prep, etc. This is something I want to do. I'm going to zip over tomorrow.

I just phoned them and they said bring them in. I didn't even drop them off or pick them up. My wife did as its on her way to work.

I had had everything stripped including the paint as I ended up polishing mine. It was Racetech recommended to get them done. They do it but I didn't want to ship to the US

I will get the lowdown tomorrow. Will report.

edit; it looks like a go. Hard anodize dip. Prep, remove all paint and grease. Multiple colours including clear. Minimum order $175 will do multiple fork sliders.

Last edited:
I will get the lowdown tomorrow. Will report.

edit; it looks like a go. Hard anodize dip. Prep, remove all paint and grease. Multiple colours including clear. Minimum order $175 will do multiple fork sliders.

i should have waited. We could have them both done together. The outside of mine were not costed as I wanted to polish them and I have seen other castings that came out quite dull.

Maybe post in the group buy section. There was someone who wanted forks anodized a rew weeks ago

i should have waited. We could have them both done together. The outside of mine were not costed as I wanted to polish them and I have seen other castings that came out quite dull.

Maybe post in the group buy section. There was someone who wanted forks anodized a rew weeks ago

Well, as soon as he said minimum charge (I forget if he said five legs or five sets) my mind went into overdrive. I have other old bikes that could use this treatment. It's gonna be like a fork explosion went off in my shop:D

Looks like things have taken a turn for the worse. If I want anodize to bottom of fork slider needs custom application rod x2 the price. Should have told me that before stripping the paint. Will look for another anodizer or powder coat.

That's a lot. I only paid 150.

there is a place called Hollys close to York University that I used for some decorative anodizing. They stripped an old head and re did it for me. They may also do Hard. Let me see if I can find the guys card

That's a lot. I only paid 150.

there is a place called Hollys close to York University that I used for some decorative anodizing. They stripped an old head and re did it for me. They may also do Hard. Let me see if I can find the guys card

Thanks Clem, I've been made aware of Holly's. I'll contact them and am looking at one other lead. Did you have hard or regular done at surfacetech?

It was hard. I went with them as they looked a little more industrial and my wife has to drive past them to work. She works just off Mainway

I had hollys do a billet head for a Gas-Gas I was fixing up as there is someone on the board who works there. I've deleted the PM. if you are reading this can you reply? I should have his card somewhere at home

Last edited:
Something's odd. I specified hard and he understood why I would want that. He gave me a price $175, I said wow that's more than reasonable. When I went today he said hard requires additional fixture and twice the price($350). I shot him a look and he said $250. I got spooked and high tailed out of there. Pro-Action Suspension shows $150US, for hard of course. I don't know what's going on. Will contact Holly's tomorrow, be great to have that contact.

Im a machinist. If you need something like a custom bushing let me know. But yeah as per my other post in your other thread, try Hollys

I know for a fact progressive does hard.

Thanks for looking at this. I do need a machinist from time to time, will lock it in:thumbup:

I had hollys do a billet head for a Gas-Gas I was fixing up as there is someone on the board who works there. I've deleted the PM. if you are reading this can you reply? I should have his card somewhere at home

If you are Brian from Cisco with the R1200GSA than that may have been me. Sorry, there may be some confusion. I don't work at Hollys but I did put your head in with a bunch of other stuff I was having done.

How's it working out for you?

I would think you're looking between $150 and $200 for hard for both fork legs for a walk in. Of course it sometimes helps if you offer to pay cash. If you can also strip your own paint or clear from the legs it helps as well. Most Aircraft Strippers will work will work on Alu.

Cheapest way is to get 2 or 3 people and go in together.

Yes, That is me.

Its been great. Been through a lot of mud and water, a quick hose off and still looks like new :)

If you are Brian from Cisco with the R1200GSA than that may have been me. Sorry, there may be some confusion. I don't work at Hollys but I did put your head in with a bunch of other stuff I was having done.

How's it working out for you?

I would think you're looking between $150 and $200 for hard for both fork legs for a walk in. Of course it sometimes helps if you offer to pay cash. If you can also strip your own paint or clear from the legs it helps as well. Most Aircraft Strippers will work will work on Alu.

Cheapest way is to get 2 or 3 people and go in together.

Do you have any knowledge of the process? I was originally under the impression it was a multi dipping situation. Talking at surfacetech the fellow said they have to electrically charge inside the tube and there's some question about thickness consistency. Requiring custom apparatus.

Went to Hollys Anodizing. The nice man there explained the whole thing to me. It's a no go hard anodizing inside the fork legs with any degree of certainty.

Back
Top Bottom