2017 CSBK predictions... | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2017 CSBK predictions...

I was watching via race monitor, I think you boy was in 3rd place on the last lap.

He won both races. He was pole for both. Saturday race was was tough as some contact on lap 1 pushed him back to P7. Raced his way back up and lead last 4 laps to the win.

There's been some great racing up front all year in Ninja 300 series. The St Eustache races were awesome. What do i know but I wish Kawasaki Motors had insisted on including film coverage as part of the 300 spec series arrangement. Good Kawi promotion and all that. Not to mention creating fan interest in some great up and coming young racers as they move through the ranks.

I was watching via race monitor, I think you boy was in 3rd place on the last lap.

He won both races. Race monitor keep defaulting to timed laps as if it was qualifying and not a race. It was confusing to all. I had to keep selecting podium option to get true results.

There's been some great racing up front all year in Ninja 300 series. The St Eustache races were awesome. What do i know but I wish Kawasaki Motors had insisted on including film coverage as part of the 300 spec series arrangement. Good Kawi promotion and all that. Not to mention creating fan interest in some great up and coming young racers as they move through the ranks.

Unfortunately accountants have influence and money was spent on building and selling all those 300s that aren't on the grid for some reason.

Biggest grid was Shubie I believe. CTMP will likely be the biggest but we will wait and see.

Unfortunately accountants have influence and money was spent on building and selling all those 300s that aren't on the grid for some reason.

Biggest grid was Shubie I believe. CTMP will likely be the biggest but we will wait and see.

Lots of people say they'll race but when it comes time to put their money where their mouth is they're nowhere to be found.

Just like the vintage guys who say they should have a spot in the show....

Sad.

Lots of people say they'll race but when it comes time to put their money where their mouth is they're nowhere to be found.

Just like the vintage guys who say they should have a spot in the show....

Sad.

Vintage guys are too busy with their series that dwarfs CSBK in terms of bikes on grid, and riders.

When was the last time a CSBK grid needed a waved start because there were so many bikes?

Vintage guys are too busy with their series that dwarfs CSBK in terms of bikes on grid, and riders.

When was the last time a CSBK grid needed a waved start because there were so many bikes?

That's completely irrelevant.

There have been vintage racers who felt there should be a vintage class as part of the entire CSBK season but none would commit to an entire season and admitted they would not go out east or west with the series.

CSBK needs riders who are committed to a full season and won't just attend the rounds they can get to on less than one tank of fuel. VRRA and CSBK are completely different animals.

Okay maybe they have great numbers but how in any way is that related to CSBK or RACE or SOAR,ARL,EMRA? It's a completely different world. So they have the biggest grids but put less back into the current economy then any other series. The tire vendor does more flips then new sales. Sponsors have left because they get no return. It is a series that has it's own unique economy that rarely steps out side it's circle of members. They are great people and have some very nice equipment but it is not even a fair comparison. SOAR had a waved start last weekend. How would it be fair or even possible to have a waved start at CSBK with a qualifying time required? If they needed a waved start they would institute a qualifying percentage to keep the grid one wave. And many tracks have an FIM recommended starting number which CSBK adheres to more then most orgs. The VRRA can not be compared to any other series straight up. Completely different demographics.

Would never happen unless you get 36 + riders and some names. It's an entry level series. Good entertainment but TSN would not air it and the dollars to do it Kawi would never pay for it. Look at the numbers! Look how long they dragged their butts to make an announcement. If the people promoting the class don't care then how can the series prosper. Open it up,, R3,Kawi,KTM,Honda and watch what happens. Please!!!!

SOAR has waved starts but when CSBK comes there we had less than 20 riders in the classes and almost all are the regular national riders. I was a bit surprised but not shocked.

Okay maybe they have great numbers but how in any way is that related to CSBK or RACE or SOAR,ARL,EMRA? It's a completely different world. So they have the biggest grids but put less back into the current economy then any other series. The tire vendor does more flips then new sales. Sponsors have left because they get no return. It is a series that has it's own unique economy that rarely steps out side it's circle of members. They are great people and have some very nice equipment but it is not even a fair comparison. SOAR had a waved start last weekend. How would it be fair or even possible to have a waved start at CSBK with a qualifying time required? If they needed a waved start they would institute a qualifying percentage to keep the grid one wave. And many tracks have an FIM recommended starting number which CSBK adheres to more then most orgs. The VRRA can not be compared to any other series straight up. Completely different demographics.

For the record, I didnt mean to bash CSBK. It was more a "Why would Vintage riders want a national class, when they have their own huge series to be apart of"

As far as the 300 series is concerned, well they shot themselves in the foot with the lateness of the announcement, and the assumption they would have "rent to ride" bikes. But I agree, just copy the FIM WSS300 class and watch the grids grow and the manufactures come back. I did hear a rumor that they were going to use the CBR300 vs the 500 though, which is a little silly.

I feel CSBK would do well with a BOTT class for SV650s, ER6s, FZ07s etc...

SOAR has waved starts but when CSBK comes there we had less than 20 riders in the classes and almost all are the regular national riders. I was a bit surprised but not shocked.
True , but keep SOAR in perspective. many of those riders are pretty much inside the SOAR box and have not been anywhere else. So if they assume they are not competitive or are concerned about going to another venue you will get light numbers because of the unknowns. I do know all the riders that did participate from SOAR had a blast. I do know that the ones that spectated were bummed they didn't ride. So keeping in mind that SOAR has drawn in to the sport many new riders this would have been a big step for them. But next year if they have an event I expect the numbers would go up. Just look at what happened to the lap times. So everyone that attended was quicker. The SOAR buzz about CSBK is healthy right now. Which is great for SOAR and CSBK. Some very talented riders at SOAR that should be in the mix with CSBK. We may not have hit a home run this year,,, but if we can do a round two next year,, SOAR has some very focused riders right now,,,,, lets keep our fingers crossed for next year.

Would never happen unless you get 36 + riders and some names. It's an entry level series. Good entertainment but TSN would not air it and the dollars to do it Kawi would never pay for it. Look at the numbers! Look how long they dragged their butts to make an announcement. If the people promoting the class don't care then how can the series prosper.

Open it up,, R3,Kawi,KTM,Honda and watch what happens. Please!!!!
YES! LIKE! - 500cc supersport max 2 cylinder four stroke and let em rip at CSBK. The lwt prod'n class looks to be the fastest growing class at RACE. and likewise, probably the fastest growing class internationally. CSBK do you have your ears on?

YES! LIKE! - 500cc supersport max 2 cylinder four stroke and let em rip at CSBK. The lwt prod'n class looks to be the fastest growing class at RACE. and likewise, probably the fastest growing class internationally. CSBK do you have your ears on?
we're trying! Fingers crossed,, if we had races like WSBK 300 Class we'll need a weapons detector before the race!

I feel CSBK would do well with a BOTT class for SV650s, ER6s, FZ07s etc...

Been there done that. SV is not current anymore. IT's a regional based class/idea. Not a Canadian Superbike class. Moto America has four classes. CSBK has four plus the Kawi class. It usually adds two regional support classes. Several times this year the schedule got long. So as numbers rise and competition gets fiercer, time gets shorter. I expect at the pace we are going we will see regional support races trimmed at some venues.

Back
Top Bottom