2017 CSBK predictions... | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2017 CSBK predictions...

It will really depend on who is coming out to compete, have heard rumors but not many comfirmations.

AM600 - Kellen Hodgins just won AM600 with SOAR in a lost era bike, for 2017 he upgraded to Hornblowers last year's bike and he has done thousands of laps around GB so I think he will be a contender. However he just won his black numbers and I am not sure if he will ride pro or AM with CSBK.

I also think Kyle Newman would be at the top if he participated, he just got a newer bike but I haven't heard from him if he is going to race CSBK - I have raced against him and he is tricky and fast and solid at GB, he also raced endurance so has done tons of laps and seems to get faster against faster riders.

AM Superbike - Paul McIntosh won last year and every year he has gotten faster, he also did well at RACE last year but I am not sure how he will fair against National Racers. I also don't know if he will be AM since he just got his black numbers this season.

Pro600 - Hands down Mitch Card - I will be really surprised if anyone else won - Will H will be close but Mitch has always had the edge and he knows the track well.

ProSBK - Can never discount Rupert, I think he has won the last 100 years except last year when he got hurt at CSBK Mosport and Will Hornblower won but doubt it against the top guys, who knows.
Luke and Dylan Bauer (Dad and Son) are always fast at GB, Dylan has been impressive in the past 2 years and he has no fear for anyone.
Not sure if Mitch is competing in SBK - if he is he will probably finish 3rd hate to say as I would like for him to win.

It is really hard to say as AM SOAR racers tend to stay in SOAR so it's hard to tell how they will do on a national stage. Also I wasn't around in 2016 so my info could be out of date lol.

Thanks for the insight.

As for the AM versus PRO question, since Cherrypicker isn't around for a raging response, my opinion, since you all want to hear it, if your local club race license has the little indicator that says 'Pro', then sorry, you should be racing CSBK as a pro. Ok.....fire away.....

Thanks for the insight.

As for the AM versus PRO question, since Cherrypicker isn't around for a raging response, my opinion, since you all want to hear it, if your local club race license has the little indicator that says 'Pro', then sorry, you should be racing CSBK as a pro. Ok.....fire away.....

Agreed but only if they're lapping close to the times the pros are. You could be competitive at one track and a hazard at another. It also depends on turnout in the class you race in.

Agreed but only if they're lapping close to the times the pros are. You could be competitive at one track and a hazard at another. It also depends on turnout in the class you race in.

Then the 107% rule takes care of the issue. Not the classification of the rider. Black #s at your home track and red #s at away tracks? No...i don't think so.

I am on the fence about this one, I think when you advance to a next level (regional to national) you need to earn your black numbers, but I can see the merit in what you guys are saying, if you are a Pro racer, you are a pro racer.

Maybe if you are a pro racer that actually has competed for a year as a pro then black numbers in CSBK, but if you just got your black numbers then red numbers for csbk... who knows lol

Last edited:
Then the 107% rule takes care of the issue. Not the classification of the rider. Black #s at your home track and red #s at away tracks? No...i don't think so.

I wish they enforced a 107% rule but they don't. Problem is that you need to rely on a solid turn out for the regional classes to warrant them getting black numbers for nationals. I knew if I stayed at shannonville in 2015 I'd end up with black numbers there so I went and did nationals instead and earned my numbers. Very few people can afford to do all the regionals and all the nationals which would prevent some slower regional AM's from getting bumped.

It will really depend on who is coming out to compete, have heard rumors but not many comfirmations.

AM600 - Kellen Hodgins just won AM600 with SOAR in a lost era bike, for 2017 he upgraded to Hornblowers last year's bike and he has done thousands of laps around GB so I think he will be a contender. However he just won his black numbers and I am not sure if he will ride pro or AM with CSBK.

I also think Kyle Newman would be at the top if he participated, he just got a newer bike but I haven't heard from him if he is going to race CSBK - I have raced against him and he is tricky and fast and solid at GB, he also raced endurance so has done tons of laps and seems to get faster against faster riders.

AM Superbike - Paul McIntosh won last year and every year he has gotten faster, he also did well at RACE last year but I am not sure how he will fair against National Racers. I also don't know if he will be AM since he just got his black numbers this season.

Pro600 - Hands down Mitch Card - I will be really surprised if anyone else won - Will H will be close but Mitch has always had the edge and he knows the track well.

ProSBK - Can never discount Rupert, I think he has won the last 100 years except last year when he got hurt at CSBK Mosport and Will Hornblower won but doubt it against the top guys, who knows.
Luke and Dylan Bauer (Dad and Son) are always fast at GB, Dylan has been impressive in the past 2 years and he has no fear for anyone.
Not sure if Mitch is competing in SBK - if he is he will probably finish 3rd hate to say as I would like for him to win.

It is really hard to say as AM SOAR racers tend to stay in SOAR so it's hard to tell how they will do on a national stage. Also I wasn't around in 2016 so my info could be out of date lol.
You sir, are too kind!

I am planning on doing the GBM round but that's all I have in the budget. Getting married in the fall and as it turns out that costs money too lol

Am SBk. NO Clue. Although some guy (Steve Cole) on an Aprilia could be fast if he stays upright!

Thanks. I struggled pretty hard with hardware in 2016 but a stock-engined stupidbike should serve me in 2017 if I ride well.

We'll see, it's definitely not a cakewalk with these guys.

In a similar vein, I have had some problems with fielding a competitive 600 and there is still an issue with my competitive bike (not feeling like relating it). Provided that I get my competitive 600 back, I think I have a much better chance in 2017. My 'B' bike just isn't a contender in the dry.

My health isn't great, having some issues but if all goes well I will have it sorted out for May and be in the green for July and after. Not using it as a pre-excuse, more of a "life happens no matter what you strive for" kind of deal. Partially a result of major work stress, I suppose.

I wouldn't count Dave Natale out. He's riding a well-prepped bike and he's making it work well for him.

Looking forward to 2017 all the same. No matter what I place, it will be awesome listening to that V4 growl. And I'm happy that I have a few people in the stands who are rooting for me. Thanks to them all, they really do motivate me.

20170110145224-77915bbb-me.jpg

(Yes I have been building it indoors to get out of the cold)

As for Pro predictions...

It'd be silly not to predict Szoke in the top three and probably at the top. Andrew Nelson says he's coming back, Trevor Daley has something to prove even if he's on a R1 (bias-mode engaged), and Sean Heydorn (sp?!) is highly motivated to come back strong. In fact I can name about 10 pros that I have met and got to know who could win it if they just had a bit of luck and keep their focus on winning.

In the end all that really matters is that we have some really great people in Canadian racing right now, and hopefully the best of them face some adversity in rising to the top... otherwise they're just riding against themselves. I thought I knew a lot of people in the Canadian racing community but more and more, that's what I like the best about competition.

Last edited:
2017 Prediction

PRO SBK

1.Brett McCormick all the way because he wants to show why he should be inducted in the Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Fame.

2. Kenny Reidman because he is Kenny Reidmann. He has the Cash but not the Balls. If grows the balls Kenny will win.

3.Jordan Szoke because he will fall a few times. He too has the cash but Brett McCormick has the bigger balls.

4. Michael Leon will Win if all of the 3 mentioned above falters. Michael is consistent and he will be there to pickup the peaces.

On a side note Matt Mcbride would win if he gets in riding shape and or stop burning up his tires and does the entire season. If everyone remembers he smoked all those guys in the season opener only to start fading towards the end. What a bummer.

Pro 600

1. Mitch Card if he does the entire season. I'm itching to know how much horse power that Yamaha is making on the CSBK Dyno?

2.Tommy Casas will win If Mitch doesn't do the entire season.

3. Chris Brent if he does the entire season and his back holds out and Tommy Casas skips or falls at any of the rounds. Chris Brent is consistent so this makes him a top choice.

4.Jacob Shaw-O'Leary will come in third if Chris Brent decides to rides below 100% at any of the rounds.

5. Alex Coelho will Win if all of the 4 mentioned above falters. Alex is consistent and he will be there to pickup the peaces. By the way he came in second in the pro 600 Championship.

Side note Will Hornblower will be lurking just saying.

AM SBK and 600

The same Rider will win both classes. It wont be 895 Aaron Burns or 290 Max Kathron.

Aaron Burns isn't racing next year and Max is going PRO but he is keeping quiet about it.

If Max Kathron does stay back he's cherry-picking and it's just a big waste of talent, time, and money. Besides they don't show the AM on TV.

Arent you going to be a rookie pro?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish i could do all the rounds this year but i am on a tight budget.

I think Kellen will be 2017 CSBK Rookie Pro of the year but only if he does all of the rounds. He's got the bike and he's consistent so no excuses for the AM SOAR Champ.

I wish i could do all the rounds this year but i am on a tight budget.

I think Kellen will be 2017 CSBK Rookie Pro of the year but only if he does all of the rounds. He's got the bike and he's consistent so no excuses for the AM SOAR Champ.

I can't think of any new pro SB for 2017. A few new pro 600 so it all depends who will step into SB even if on a 600.

I'd put my money on crashchris but he's not doing SB.

So....depends if OLeary brothers running SB or not.

Caboose (Tim Toldnes) will be up there for rookie. It's going to come down to how fast he can learn the tracks but he's got good pace at Shannonville and GB so he only really has to learn shubie, St. Eus, and follow a couple fast guys at Mosport.

Caboose (Tim Toldnes) will be up there for rookie. It's going to come down to how fast he can learn the tracks but he's got good pace at Shannonville and GB so he only really has to learn shubie, St. Eus, and follow a couple fast guys at Mosport.

I didn't know Caboose was running the whole series. Well then I have an easy time picking Rookie Pro of the Year

I really think Raffa is being overlooked for Pro 600. He has done tons of laps at GB with VRRA, he's good at SMP, St.E is his home track and Mosport he is pretty good too. Never seen him at Shubie but i am sure he isn't too far off the pace.

I really think Raffa is being overlooked for Pro 600. He has done tons of laps at GB with VRRA, he's good at SMP, St.E is his home track and Mosport he is pretty good too. Never seen him at Shubie but i am sure he isn't too far off the pace.

+1... I it wasn't for his bad luck last year with a broken collar bone, second place would of been his.

Back
Top Bottom