2017 CSBK predictions... | GTAMotorcycle.com

2017 CSBK predictions...

KneeDragger_#16

So since this section is a bit slow and we all have the itch... let your predictions role !

Who will take it in the SportBike and SuperBike in Pro ?

Kenny Reidmann moving to SBK only, leaves the door quite open for the new open coming talent...
Will make for an exciting class this year !
My money is on Thomas Casas if he keeps it on two wheels, but if Eli Daccache and Will Hornblower make a full return, anything can happen ! Mitch Card also can be a dominate rider.

In SBK same usual suspects... Kenny and Jordan, and heard Nelson would be making a return ?!
Would put my money on Jordan but Kenny is serious about putting all is eggs in the same basket this year.

Promises to be great in the Pro series...

And Amateur ?
Don't know who my money is on but If Aaron Burns is not moving up to Pro, he might be heading the pack this year in Sportbike.
SBK.. any guesses ? Don't know much of the riders this year yet. There is a Quebecer rider that shows promises but his head needs to be in it and not showing off for is crew lol

And what about the 300 series ?
Don't know much of the riders but let it rip as well.
They also need to be talked about.

Pro Sport bike: Hornblower
Pro Sbk: Szoke
Am Sport bike: Since Brent and Hood have moved up to pro it leaves a pack of guys very close together. It could easily go to anyone in the top 5. Just depends on who can finish races. I'd like to pick someone but we crash too much or have no luck with bikes.
Am Sbk: Doug Laurence if he has a Ride

300 series : don't know enough about the riders left this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Pro sbk: Szoke or Reidman, but if Nelson or Mccormick make a comeback that could be amazing.
Pro sport: Card if he does the whole series. Elie and Will and Raffa and Cassas will all be right there. One race dnf can easily be the difference.

Am sportbike: I have heard of a few quebec boys looking to do the series and are fast who could win but nothing in stone. Vivian Matthews, Max Katheron can have a shot if they did the whole series.
Am sbk: Dave Natale from race if he decides to do the whole series or again a few quebec guys thinking of putting their hats in the ring. Especially Ernest Bernhard who ran last year on his r1. He will be the guy to beat now that i think about it.

300: not sure.

Doug i heard will be pro if he rides but last heard it's not looking good, but that's coming through the grapevine about 6 people down.

Last edited:
Doug L will be racing pro from my understanding. 600/sbk? Not sure.

5th overall and he will go up to pro?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pro SB will be between Jordan and Kenny but consistency over the summer will tell for Kenny. I think the racing in the 3-7th place will be some good racing.

Pro Sport. I had figured Tomas as soon as I had heard about Kenny moving up. I had hoped that this field would grow in 2017 but I hear of several not returning this year. That's too bad. And therefore the field may be heavily influenced by locals filling the grid at their local tracks which would play in the favor of someone like Casas.

AM SB. AM 600. I'm going to widely cast the net and give the edge to riders from Qc. I can't think of anyone dominate from ARL or RACE or SOAR. The 3 rounds in ON may influence the end result.

The 300 Series. Such a crap shoot guess as we don't know who is racing. And the rule that anyone who finished in the top 3 in 2016 not being able to return is stupid. They haven't enforced the rule in the past in the CBR250 Series when Tomas returned to take the title but as of today CSBK has not ruled on the request to retract the rule for 2017. If the rule stands then I forecast the Nico kid from Qc for the title.

From what I heard, he was suppose to ride with the Reidmann team but that as fallen through and the team will only have Kenny and that will be SBK.

It's true, my fast friend Chris will be rookie this year... :) I think he can give Casas a run for his money ;)

Pro SBK. I still think Jordan will take it. But if Nelson gets back in shape he could be strong on the 2017 GSXR and be battling with Kenny.
Pro 600. I might enter a round or two and based on last years small entries I could get a top 10 finish. I think Tomas will win the championship
Am SBk. NO Clue. Although some guy (Steve Cole) on an Aprilia could be fast if he stays upright!
Am 600. Aaron could be fast but he really needs to find a bike. Funding will be an issue as Dad(Me) has no $$. Max Kathron has been fast and if he can stop crashing so much he has a good chance! Another wild Card rider will be Cameron Walker if he decides to do the full Series.

Pro SBK. I still think Jordan will take it. But if Nelson gets back in shape he could be strong on the 2017 GSXR and be battling with Kenny.
Pro 600. I might enter a round or two and based on last years small entries I could get a top 10 finish. I think Tomas will win the championship
Am SBk. NO Clue. Although some guy (Steve Cole) on an Aprilia could be fast if he stays upright!
Am 600. Aaron could be fast but he really needs to find a bike. Funding will be an issue as Dad(Me) has no $$. Max Kathron has been fast and if he can stop crashing so much he has a good chance! Another wild Card rider will be Cameron Walker if he decides to do the full Series.

#112 will make appearances in AM600 but won't run entire series.

#14 might make appearances in 300 Series if they change the rule (since we still have the bike) but he won't run all rounds.

Edit: and quit talking Cam up or he will be pushing for my Kawi rather than riding his antique :)

Last edited:
I think this year will be Kennys year if he is focused on only SBK
Sportbike...Ill put money on Chris Brent if he can get some coin together for a full season
Am Superbike- crap shoot
Am600- Bigger crap shoot
Ninjette cup- Me. If I get a ride :)

I like Tomas Casas but it can be anyone between him and Mitch. Pro SBK I hope is Szokes.

#112 will make appearances in AM600 but won't run entire series.

#14 might make appearances in 300 Series if they change the rule (since we still have the bike) but he won't run all rounds.

Edit: and quit talking Cam up or he will be pushing for my Kawi rather than riding his antique :)

LOL He could do only the Ontario Rounds and potentially win. lol

I think this year will be Kennys year if he is focused on only SBK
Sportbike...Ill put money on Chris Brent if he can get some coin together for a full season
Am Superbike- crap shoot
Am600- Bigger crap shoot
Ninjette cup- Me. If I get a ride :)

Well this post just made my day! :) I think i am a long way off that, need more seat time.
Thanks for the vote of confidence!

Well this post just made my day! :) I think i am a long way off that, need more seat time.
Thanks for the vote of confidence!

Having been at the track for years, and generally broken down...so sitting in the stands, youre a true talent. Sadly funding is always an issue.

Watching you going into corner 1 at shannonville is amazing.

Give us some insight into AM600 and AM SB riders out of GB.

It will really depend on who is coming out to compete, have heard rumors but not many comfirmations.

AM600 - Kellen Hodgins just won AM600 with SOAR in a lost era bike, for 2017 he upgraded to Hornblowers last year's bike and he has done thousands of laps around GB so I think he will be a contender. However he just won his black numbers and I am not sure if he will ride pro or AM with CSBK.

I also think Kyle Newman would be at the top if he participated, he just got a newer bike but I haven't heard from him if he is going to race CSBK - I have raced against him and he is tricky and fast and solid at GB, he also raced endurance so has done tons of laps and seems to get faster against faster riders.

AM Superbike - Paul McIntosh won last year and every year he has gotten faster, he also did well at RACE last year but I am not sure how he will fair against National Racers. I also don't know if he will be AM since he just got his black numbers this season.

Pro600 - Hands down Mitch Card - I will be really surprised if anyone else won - Will H will be close but Mitch has always had the edge and he knows the track well.

ProSBK - Can never discount Rupert, I think he has won the last 100 years except last year when he got hurt at CSBK Mosport and Will Hornblower won but doubt it against the top guys, who knows.
Luke and Dylan Bauer (Dad and Son) are always fast at GB, Dylan has been impressive in the past 2 years and he has no fear for anyone.
Not sure if Mitch is competing in SBK - if he is he will probably finish 3rd hate to say as I would like for him to win.

It is really hard to say as AM SOAR racers tend to stay in SOAR so it's hard to tell how they will do on a national stage. Also I wasn't around in 2016 so my info could be out of date lol.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom