Anyone have experience with kijiji mechanics? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone have experience with kijiji mechanics?

Then very close to you is Pro 6 who are more than capable of doing great work for you.
There is also Frekeyguy on this forum who routinely gets thumbs up for his work.
Kneedragger88 on this forum (Ken) can also pick your bike up and drop it back off to you and does great work.

Regardless of who you choose - don't go the Kijiji route.

Yeah I inquired to pro6, they're slammed at the moment getting race bikes ready for the season. Only an option if I remove my front forks myself. I'm pretty handy, but I've never removed forks before, so I'm deciding to remove them myself or take in the entire bike to somewhere else.

Easy to remove forks and install. Either jack it up or suspend by the frame...just make sure it's stable. Be careful tightening up the triple bolts afterwards.

+1 for Frekeyguy. Great work, great rates.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Frekeguy Pm him.

Incase you didnt read that,

PM FREKEGUY.
(Seriously, great guy, great mechanic)

I have heard great things about Adrian at Ace Moto Tech as well. I've never been there but wouldn't hesitate to leave my bike in his hands.

Did anyone mention Frekeguy or Adrian from Ace Moto Tech yet? ?

2 names that keep popping up on this forum with only good things to say about them. I have no personal experience as I have a cruiser and that is (iirc) not what they work on. However if either ever decided to, that's where I would bring my bike.

Also be sure to check some of the other recommendations made in this thread.

Sent from the Purple Zone

Contacted frekeguy, thanks for all the suggestions guys. I think I'll tackle the fork removal myself. Anyone know some good places to buy a triple tree stand? I could suspend it with Rachet straps but I figure i should own a triple stand anyways.

Cheapest place is likely http://www.kapscomoto.com/ I have one from there and it does the job.

Edit... almost does the job, it's a bit short for a Vstrom but thats nothing a couple planks on either side doesn't solve.

Contacted frekeguy, thanks for all the suggestions guys. I think I'll tackle the fork removal myself. Anyone know some good places to buy a triple tree stand? I could suspend it with Rachet straps but I figure i should own a triple stand anyways.

Last edited:
Yep, in Pickering:

KapscoMoto
830 Brock Road Unit #3
Pickering, Ontario
L1W1Z8, Canada
(416) 848-0673

jack it up and use the straps as insurance. Done it that way the few times I've had to remove the forks.

Cheapest place is likely http://www.kapscomoto.com/ I have one from there and it does the job.

Edit... almost does the job, it's a bit short for a Vstrom but thats nothing a couple planks on either side doesn't solve.
Found the same thing on my versys. Came home with rear stand and front triple tree stand. Happily place the rear stand, place the front stand and it's still on the ground. Had to make an additional lift with 2x6 spruce to be able to remove the front wheel.

Back
Top Bottom