Trade motorcycle for new mororcycle | GTAMotorcycle.com

Trade motorcycle for new mororcycle

Slowandsteady

Summer is just around the corner and i cant shake this idea out if my head...

I bought a 2015 triumph 675 in 2016. I was thinking of switching it up this year to.....something diffrent. My idea was to trade the motoecycle in to a bike shop and put around 1000$ on top getting something else. I had the bike in kijiji for 9,500 last year but i put it in in oct-nov knowing no ones gonna buy it. Anyways my question is can you guys/gals suggest a bike around the 9000$ range new that id be able to trade in for? Im hoping to get 7000-7500 from a dealer for my bike.

1 bike idea was the kawasaki 650 Vulcan. :) i like it!

Sent from phone, excuse typos.

No one paid $9,500 for a used Street Triple because you can buy a brand new one for $9,500 +taxes.

And difficult to make any suggestions with out knowing what type of riding you're interested in or want to do.

Judging by the Vulcan, you want something to cruise around on? Do you like the feet forward thing? Yamaha Bolt's are pretty bad *** and come in a variety of flavours.

Ninja 636, c'mon now, you're not that old to ride a cruiser are ya?
Hey now! You don't have to be old to ride a cruiser!
That being said....@slowandsteady O know that you said you liked the looks of the Kawi, but I'm not sure if that is gonna be the right bike for you at this time. If I was gonna make a suggestion, I would say something more ADV. You still plan on doing the motocamping? You still plan on riding in all types of weather? I'm not saying that you can't do that with any bike, I'm just not sure if that's the right move for you, right now.

Sent from the Purple Zone

The ninja 636 has always had my eye! @jollygreengiant !

And @joebass you hit a cruicial point cause you know me so well :D an adv bike is usually expensive......

I heard that those kawi adv bikes...forgot their name. Are really mule like and you can pick them up used for 1500 in quebec!

Ps. If you dont know about this guy already MAKE SURE YOU SEARCH HIM UP....brokentoothproject and see what thia guy does with his kawi adv bike!

But heres thething joe. You cruise so nice that it makes me want it too:(( the adv is the oldspice version of me id like to be someday:D

Broken tooth just rides a KLR650... one of the cheapest bikes out there, especially 2nd hand.

The ninja 636 has always had my eye! @jollygreengiant !

And @joebass you hit a cruicial point cause you know me so well :D an adv bike is usually expensive......

I heard that those kawi adv bikes...forgot their name. Are really mule like and you can pick them up used for 1500 in quebec!

Ps. If you dont know about this guy already MAKE SURE YOU SEARCH HIM UP....brokentoothproject and see what thia guy does with his kawi adv bike!

But heres thething joe. You cruise so nice that it makes me want it too:(( the adv is the oldspice version of me id like to be someday:D

Is the OP's bike a Street Triple or a Daytona?

via Tapatalk

Is the OP's bike a Street Triple or a Daytona?

via Tapatalk
Daytona, right? Not sure if you can tell from the pic :
196488d4a5354b3bc4cefb6075f25cf7.jpg

Yep, that's a Daytona.

via Tapatalk

If your looking for more comfort you could always throw a set of converti bars on it or dirt bike bars,just a suggestion.Gorgeous bike btw,really like the 675 myself

Yep, that's a Daytona.

via Tapatalk
@slowandsteady might be too short for a KLR based on the photo I posted. ?

JK, that's my boy on his bike at Burrito Boyz ?

@joebass i miss the meets, online communication doesnt come close to in person relationships. I miss the buritos also :$

Going from the Triumph to the KLR will be a big change! The KLR is a bullet-proof tank of a bike. It doesn't do anything particularly great, but it does anything you ask it to well. They are cheap, and cheap to fix and there are literally limitless farkles for them. You might find it a tad slow compared to what you ride now. If you're okay with that, you can probably get a brand new one on an even trade.

There we go @morissey ! Thats what i like to hear :D ....as mentioned i like to ridendirty ..go motocamping and ride in rain...although the daytona is amazing...its not amazing for what i do so i was looking for suggestions and explanations like the one u gave

The KLR is a great all rounder. You need to look at a vstrom or versys. More adventure, less price tag than a tiger or a ktm.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

V stroms are probably more comfy, and quicker (sat on one couldnt believe how good it felt)

But if you plan to go off the black pavement, you'd be better off with a KLR(Im contemplating making the jump myself)

@SlownSteady

Apex in Kitchener has a used Honda Fury 1300 at a decent price.
Doesn't appear to have hit their website yet, but when I was in on the weekend it was something like $7500 with under 10,000km on it. Might get a straight up trade for your Daytona.

@SlownSteady

Apex in Kitchener has a used Honda Fury 1300 at a decent price.
Doesn't appear to have hit their website yet, but when I was in on the weekend it was something like $7500 with under 10,000km on it. Might get a straight up trade for your Daytona.
Now theres some insight! Wow now u guys are really starting to get the gears in my head turning!!!!!! Thank you

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom