Update: hands free helmet sling | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Update: hands free helmet sling

I once thought something like this would work well but made of thin nylon so it packs up like those pocket grocery bags but thought it'd be hard for a dude to pull off.

il_570xN.833266992_exxn.jpg

I have a piece of old extension cord, works great, loop it through the helmet, plug the male end into the female end and voila, slinged up

They sell replacement plug ends at home depot. Clamp type. Cut the cord, clamp on a new end and voila!
That ish be stylin' yo! Make all dem b****es go cray cray.
???

Hey whateves. Wtf do I know about style? I wear $20 sneakers and track pants everywhere.

Sent from the Purple Zone

Checked out the site, are there pics of the sling by itself and pics showing where the padding is etc?

Hey thanks for checking out the site. I'm planning another round of pictures due to interest, but to answer your question in the mean time: the sling is made of neoprene all the way around, and it has a stiffer insert (imagine like a baseball cap brim) on the part that supports the helmet. The hard insert can be molded to adjust to your body shape (also similar to how you can bend the baseball cap brim to your liking). There is no 'padding' in the traditional sense like you would find on a backpack shoulder strap. This is because neoprene is awesome for this purpose and padding becomes uncomfortable and sweaty against the body.

Cheers,
Sam

Get in line! Lolz 
Cool designs imo check out his site:
https://www.bosomoto.com/

LOL @ Domokun!! I hope you paid royalties to use Domokun on your site.

I want one of those clutch/throttle shirts too. Helmet strap is a great idea, but I've been locking my stuff to my bike most times, cuz I'm usually not gone from my bike for very long when I park it somewhere.

If I am, I take the gear with me and find a stash spot.

You should integrate a spare visor carrier into the strap... THAT I could use, cuz carrying a spare visor is a pain (it also has to prevent scratches on the visor).

LOL @ Domokun!! I hope you paid royalties to use Domokun on your site.

I want one of those clutch/throttle shirts too. Helmet strap is a great idea, but I've been locking my stuff to my bike most times, cuz I'm usually not gone from my bike for very long when I park it somewhere.

If I am, I take the gear with me and find a stash spot.

You should integrate a spare visor carrier into the strap... THAT I could use, cuz carrying a spare visor is a pain (it also has to prevent scratches on the visor).
Good idea, maybe I can integrate it for a future version. Everything is in stock on the site, have at it :)

I might have missed this when reading lol but can this be used when riding your bike to say pick up a passenger ?? I don't like the idea of locking my extra helmet to the back of my ninja don't trust it lol and hate taking a backpack with a pop out bag for a extra helmet looks like a giant turtle shell on my back lmfao

I might have missed this when reading lol but can this be used when riding your bike to say pick up a passenger ?? I don't like the idea of locking my extra helmet to the back of my ninja don't trust it lol and hate taking a backpack with a pop out bag for a extra helmet looks like a giant turtle shell on my back lmfao

Hey not sure if someone asked but yea, you can definitely use it to carry an extra helmet while you ride. I've done it myself.

Still not something I would use, but I gotta say, I think it looks pretty good. And comfortable.

Still not something I would use, but I gotta say, I think it looks pretty good. And comfortable.

Cool, appreciate the feedback! I know everyone has different styles. No brand or product ever fits 100% of the market, and I think that's a good thing to encourage competition.

Back
Top Bottom