righttoplay

Attachments

• helmet sling cropped.jpg
    helmet sling cropped.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 193
  • helmet sling2.jpg
    helmet sling2.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 165
I actually don't mind the look of it. Not my type of thing, but I think you may sell some of them. Hopefully you sell a lot of them and they become the "it" item to have. What's the $$?
And as a side note, any word on those big boy shirt sizes?

Sent from the Purple Zone

Is the helmet being suspended by the chin bar?

I actually don't mind the look of it. Not my type of thing, but I think you may sell some of them. Hopefully you sell a lot of them and they become the "it" item to have. What's the $$?
And as a side note, any word on those big boy shirt sizes?

Sent from the Purple Zone

Thanks! I don't really care if it becomes the next 'it' thing or not, I work full time do this as a hobby. It was a personal goal of mine to make this and I finally did it after lots of trial and error. Hopefully others will enjoy it too.
Haven't forgotten about your shirt! I talked to the printer and they won't do a one off so it'll have to wait until the next batch unfortunately. It's in the back of my mind.

Yes for full face helmets. Haven't tested it with the half helmets but I think it can hold the helmet through the ear straps. All the interest so far seems to be from the sport bike riders so haven't really made that a priority.

My honest feedback? For those of us not in the svelte category, well, I picture it accentuating already unwanted curves. Not a problem for all you skinny folk, of course. ;)

Interesting idea but 99% of the time I lock my helmet to the bike. Again, I do appreciate that those with high dollar helmets might want to carry their helmet vs leaving it (locked or not) subject to theft, so there is a market from that perspective.

The only (serious) issue I see is that it doesn't look like it would work with a helmet cover on? Personally, I know that if I carried my helmet this way I'd probably end up banging it off every immovable object outside my field of vision, so I'd be concerned about damage from such if it wasn't in a cover.

That's what it looks like. Unless there are D rings and a clip to use the helmet straps.
I just use my backpack strap.

Not to rain on your idea, but it doesn't look like it would pack really small out of the way or that a padded camera strap wouldn't do....what I use if I don't use my backpack.

Either way, hope you can make a go with yours.

Last edited:
My honest feedback? For those of us not in the svelte category, well, I picture it accentuating already unwanted curves. Not a problem for all you skinny folk, of course. ;)

Interesting idea but 99% of the time I lock my helmet to the bike. Again, I do appreciate that those with high dollar helmets might want to carry their helmet vs leaving it (locked or not) subject to theft, so there is a market from that perspective.

The only (serious) issue I see is that it doesn't look like it would work with a helmet cover on? Personally, I know that if I carried my helmet this way I'd probably end up banging it off every immovable object outside my field of vision, so I'd be concerned about damage from such if it wasn't in a cover.
Appreciate the feedback :) One thing that was surprising was that I thought I'd have the same problem of banging it into things but strangely your body becomes aware of it like it's part of you. you don't bang into things at all. Not sure if it would work with a cover, but then again if you have a high dollar helmet you have to flaunt it too !

That's what it looks like. Unless there are D rings and a clip to use the helmet straps.
Looks like a good solution! I don't always like carrying a backpack around with me though. Like if I'm at the mall or riding around town for fun. that's why I wanted to make something like the sling.

I like it, nice idea. I usually leave my helmet and all of my gear on the bike even through friends say I'm crazy for doing so. But those times I do take it with me this would be a nice solution. Will it fold compact enough to fit into the tail of modern sport bikes?

I like it, nice idea. I usually leave my helmet and all of my gear on the bike even through friends say I'm crazy for doing so. But those times I do take it with me this would be a nice solution. Will it fold compact enough to fit into the tail of modern sport bikes?
Thanks! Yes easily foldable and will certainly will fit into the tail. Also comes with a magnetic tank bag which you can use to keep it (or use for other items) in should you chose to do so.

Another option - I have a "wilson" volleyball backpack. Designed to cradle a volleyball on the outside of the pack and has a bit of adjustability.

Helmet is about the same size as a v-ball so I've just been using this.

Another option - I have a "wilson" volleyball backpack. Designed to cradle a volleyball on the outside of the pack and has a bit of adjustability.

Helmet is about the same size as a v-ball so I've just been using this.

Also the added benefits of using it for a volleyball and then using the HOV lanes. Hopefully if caught the cop has both seen Cast Away and has a sense of humour... lol

All my helmets have little attachments for your nose and stuff on the chin bar. With this they'd fall off. I also agree with smashing it off stuff and agree with -D- that the pics would be better if we could actually see the helmet. Overall it seems like an alright idea that might work for some people, though.

All my helmets have little attachments for your nose and stuff on the chin bar. With this they'd fall off. I also agree with smashing it off stuff and agree with -D- that the pics would be better if we could actually see the helmet. Overall it seems like an alright idea that might work for some people, though.

Strap with a clip on the end to clip onto the D rings would do it. Use a gym bag strap.

Not to rain on your idea, but it doesn't look like it would pack really small out of the way or that a padded camera strap wouldn't do....what I use if I don't use my backpack.

I'm off topic with this one... BUT!!! When I see those all yellow helmets, i always think of the crash test dummies. Get a few stickers and toss them on it!

http://americanhistory.si.edu/sites.../6a00e553a80e1088340133f27ab835970b-800wi.jpg

Is that compact enough for ya?

You're not raining on my parade at all. There are many ways to accomplish the same goal... if you wanted you could use even use luggage straps. In fact I tested your camera strap idea in my development and it had way, way too much helmet swing. That's how your helmet smashes into things when it's a big pendulum. You can use a butter knife to cut steak, it works but it's just not as good.

Attachments

• Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 34

Back
Top Bottom