lwt racers RACE - friday practice question | GTAMotorcycle.com

lwt racers RACE - friday practice question

was wondering how they group the friday practice. what other bikes are on the track with lwt prod'n / 300 guys during your session(s)?

The rookie 600's and lightweight twins are usually out with us. Superbikes and all pros are in their own group. Trackday riders have a separate group.

I'm on a 250 Ninja and aren't bothered buy it...unless someone decides to dive bomb or pass at the entrance of the turn and doesn't carry corner speed past me. Usually never a problem at Shannonville. Seems to happen to me more at Grand Bend though.

Depends on the day and weather conditions. At the last round in Sept., they had open practice in the afternoon. You take what you can get. For me, it was a little unnerving, but I'm one of the slowest guys out there. I ended the day early in one piece.

Are you going to come out and join us boyoboy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maybe...waiting for the 2017 rulebook. might hijack my brothers 250 ninja.

No need to wait, just jack that bike. ;) The grid in lwt is going to be pretty big this coming season. There will be lots of 250's you can mix it up with.

Last edited:
No need to wait, just jack that bike. ;) The grid in lwt is going to be pretty big this coming season. There will be lots of 250's you can mix it up with.

250's? what about the 300's haha... that comment is going to come back and bite me hard. Waiting to see if RACE combines 300 and lwt prod'n into one class or not. Having only one class to race in would drive me bonkers. Need to have 1 or 2 bumps.
In hindsight I should have bought the ninja 500 for sale in the fall -cbr600 front and works performance shock for $1000. wtf was I thinking not jumping on that?

250's? what about the 300's haha... that comment is going to come back and bite me hard. Waiting to see if RACE combines 300 and lwt prod'n into one class or not. Having only one class to race in would drive me bonkers. Need to have 1 or 2 bumps.
In hindsight I should have bought the ninja 500 for sale in the fall -cbr600 front and works performance shock for $1000. wtf was I thinking not jumping on that?

There will be 2 classes. 300 and lite production.

You are committed now.....

Like Dave said there will be two classes. I didn't want to mention all the 300's, 400's and 500's that you'd have to go against in lwt ;) (or lwt sportsman....not sure what the name of the class is going to be)

Yes you should have bought that one, but hindsight is always 20/20.

Last edited:

Because that bike needed to have the whole motor rebuilt. And was in garbage condition.

It had the big cars, full pipe, and works shock....but was getting out dragged by a stock EX. The bike needed rings, and conrod bearings.

You saved yourself the hassel of that bike being broken...a lot.

There will be 2 classes. 300 and lite production.

You are committed now.....

Small cc bikes will have a competitive class referred to as "Lightweight Production" and a bump class in "Sportsman Lightweight" .

Rulebook will be out shortly along with classes.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom