Anyone Else Braving the cold? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone Else Braving the cold?

So I spent the weekend putting around Hamilton, the roads here seem pretty clear of salt and though chilly some warmer clothes made it not so bad. Thinking about riding to school today too. Obviously not out dragging knees, but with how much I pay for insurance I don't see a reason not to commute. Anyone else?

nope, anything bellow 10c is a no go for me

Used to commute down to -10, maybe as much as -15. Haven't this season though. Bikes were actually put to bed early.

Nope. Pavement is too cold for my liking and as I'm getting older (37 this year) I find my tolerance for riding in this weather is going away. I ride for enjoyment and I get ZERO pleasure of commuting in negative temps.

Having said that...give me a few days of 5C minimum and I'll be on the bike.

I worry more about traction on cold pavement than keeping warm (I'm a skier). I stay off the bike and suffer for a couple months a year.

I used to commute on any + weather, but bought a car few weeks back. I do miss riding, saw a rider just few minutes ago on Gardiner, and hopefully getting bike out for sunday. It's not parked with me over winter, so gotta preplan quick winter rides.

Usually people that can't wait to go out this early are Newbies or people that can tolerate the cold weather!
For me has to be 10+...below that temperature i won't even bother to start the bike:D

Last edited:
Yes, I went out of the house yesterday to put the garbage out..... I had to run back in.

Italians... pfffff ;)
Usually people that can't wait to go out this early are Newbies or people that can tolerate the cold weather!
For me as to be 10+...below that temperature i won't even bother to start the bike:D

I've yet to encounter any ice. Ended up back out again today and didn't have any troubles, but again still take it easier than normal. Far cheaper commute than my ol' ford. Sorry for the repeat thread, I looked everywhere and couldn't find one, guess I still need some forum practice. lol

Last edited:
nope, anything bellow 10c is a no go for me

This ^^^

I did ride for a few days into the winter before the salt was put on the road....but i realized its not worth it unless the temps are over 10c, mostly because i cant feel my hands, and the basic walmart winter gloves dont work well as they are bulky and imprecise

You need heated gear once the weather goes under 10 degrees - Once your body/hands get cold, it will just continue to get colder unless you have a source of heat. Sure you can deal with it, but why? Gerbing heated jacket, heated gloves and heated grips will keep you nice and comfy.

Now unless you commute on your bike and in my case saves me a bunch of money in parking/407 etc there is no real reason to be joy ridding in this weather, unless it's a quick ride.

This ^^^

I did ride for a few days into the winter before the salt was put on the road....but i realized its not worth it unless the temps are over 10c, mostly because i cant feel my hands, and the basic walmart winter gloves dont work well as they are bulky and imprecise

You need heated gear once the weather goes under 10 degrees - Once your body/hands get cold, it will just continue to get colder unless you have a source of heat. Sure you can deal with it, but why? Gerbing heated jacket, heated gloves and heated grips will keep you nice and comfy.

Now unless you commute on your bike and in my case saves me a bunch of money in parking/407 etc there is no real reason to be joy ridding in this weather, unless it's a quick ride.

the only reason I will ride in 10c is because I have heated grips, the threshold used to be 15c before heated grips

Back
Top Bottom