What is the latest i can do my M test in 2017? | GTAMotorcycle.com

What is the latest i can do my M test in 2017?

dina

I did my M2 with RTI in April 2016. So that means i have to wait 18 months to do my M test. That brings me to late october/november 2017? Are M tests even offered then?

If i remember correctly from the date you take the M2 you have to wait 18 months up to five years.
So in other words you can go back for the full M before April 2021. Back in 1998 that's what it was when i got my licence. Someone else can correct me if i am wrong.

Doesn't have to be exactly 18 months. I did my M2 in May and so in theory could have done my M in December but I waited until the spring to do it. Even if they offered it in December I wouldn't want to be doing it in potential subzero temps

I think its October, but I thought it was early October. Keep in mind that the weather can be sketchy then. It would be better to wait until a nice month in the following year, unless you really, really need it.

The 18 month guideline is only if you're getting your full M via a course again, like you did for your M2.

For the MTO road tests the wait time is actually 22 months.

So, if you want to do it at the 18 month point, you should book the course as soon as the bookings open with the colleges as I'm sure the late season ones will fill up fast (as they always do) with people trying to squeeze things in. On the bright side, it's my observation that the colleges (and probably even more so, the private non-college options like RTI) operate later into the season vs the MTO so there's a better chance of getting a late October opening.

The 18 month guideline is only if you're getting your full M via a course again, like you did for your M2.

For the MTO road tests the wait time is actually 22 months.

I think the 18-month rule applies even if you skip the M course. I did my M1 Exit at Learning Curves in late October 2013 and did the full-M test at the MTO in late June 2015. Counting on my fingers, that's less than 22 months.

Last edited:
I think the 18-month rule applies even if you skip the M course. I did my M1 Exit at Learning Curves in late October 2013 and did the full-M test at the MTO in late June 2015. Counting on my fingers, that's less than 22 months.

How long did you have your M1 for? Perhaps the 22 months starts at the time you get your M1, so if you got your M1 in April/May 2013 then the math works out.

Alternately, did they let you take the exit test but not actually grant the full M on your licence until you were eligible, similar to the M1X? Lots of people go for the M1X course before the minimum 90 day M1 window, pass the course, but then can't/don't actually get the new M2 endorsement on their licence until the 90 days have passed.

How long did you have your M1 for? Perhaps the 22 months starts at the time you get your M1, so if you got your M1 in April/May 2013 then the math works out.

Alternately, did they let you take the exit test but not actually grant the full M on your licence until you were eligible, similar to the M1X? Lots of people go for the M1X course before the minimum 90 day M1 window, pass the course, but then can't/don't actually get the new M2 endorsement on their licence until the 90 days have passed.

They gave me my full M on the spot. But you might be right - I wrote my M1 in mid-August 2013. Mid-August '13 to late June '15 is just over 22 months.

Back
Top Bottom