Immigrant violence in Europe | GTAMotorcycle.com

Immigrant violence in Europe

nobbie48

Site Supporter
One of the curses of youtube is that if you click on one video you are fed a diet of the same stuff. I must have clicked on a video of anti immigrant stuff.

Is the situation being blown out of proportion or being suppressed?

Bit of both I'd assume. Probably depends on where you are, but in some places it sure seems outta control... and yeah, the YT echo chamber is real.

Came across this a few weeks ago... doesn't seem pleasant

[video=youtube;U4rZqCYEA7g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4rZqCYEA7g&t=765s[/video]

EDIT: Title is misleading, no one gets rammed, I promise...
NO REFUGEES WERE HARMED DURING THE MAKING OF THIS MOVIE
lol

are there problems? hell ya, of course there's going to be problems, you put a bunch of people into a small area and they have nothing to do? What do you think is going to happen? While i don't believe in the devil (man is responsible for his own actions good or bad), idle hands lead to trouble. however it's not as nuts as breitbart and the rabble media would like you to believe

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...a-merkel-syrians-refugee-crisis-a7514786.html

are there problems? hell ya, of course there's going to be problems, you put a bunch of people into a small area and they have nothing to do? What do you think is going to happen? While i don't believe in the devil (man is responsible for his own actions good or bad), idle hands lead to trouble. however it's not as nuts as (insert out you dislike) would like you to believe

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...a-merkel-syrians-refugee-crisis-a7514786.html

Would you feel the same if they were running around on the 401 trying to get in you're ride? I suspect feelings of danger and angst will override any feel good intentions. Here, we can bring them in at a rate of our choosing; there they just walk in and the EU tells it's members to bad, deal with it.

I wonder how big a part of the situation is expectations.

Did the Scandinavians expect the immigrants to immediately shift from a middle-eastern culture to a northern Europe one in a few days?

Did the immigrants expect to instantly get what they saw on TV, a Volvo in every garage.

What work experience does a Syrian possess that would be of use in Europe?

A Canadian plumber, electrician, carpenter could go to another country and be of use once the building codes are understood because the basic skills are there. Food prep, transportation (Truck or taxi) and some low skill crap jobs are universal. Stuff like clothing can't be legally made in a first world country because of Pacific rim pricing vs minimum wages.

I've seen people that are from Canada try to get into cars that aren't theirs, the migrants have no monopoly on it. What I am saying is if you have a bunch of people with nothing to do there will be problems regardless of where they're from. I suppose you could put them in camps like we did with the japanese...

False equivalency as most of the Japanese that we put in camps would have gladly fought for our values, and most were already citizens who had came legally and were already contributing... these guys are choosing flight over fight, and showing up with their hand out. What exactly are you supposed to do with them?

Edit: and a bum under the Gardiner vs hundreds of 20 something males is yet again, false equivalency. Mob rule has a very different feel.

Neil, I get the impression you are in the auto service business.

A local garage had a sign out "Shock absorbers - free installation". A cabbie pulls in, opens his trunk, pulls out a set of Canadian Tire shocks and says "I need these installed free."

A person accustomed to western ways would have understood that the shocks would have to be purchased at the shop doing the free install.

We offer refuge to outsiders but does immigration sit down with them and explain that they have to adjust to our ways? The potential list is incredibly long including such things as reasonable trespass, body odour, mutual respect, giving back, aggression, etc. All very hard to define and making it worse, to prevent stereotyping, everyone entering the country has to go through it / civil rights etc.

Immigration has to settle, right at the beginning, how the immigrant is to evolve into a productive member of society and over what time period. I don't know if this is being done. If the refuge immigrant has no potential what do you do with him / her?

good points; so what do we do with the 20 somethings that know it all and won't be bothered with how they are expected to act? we can't send them back to die, and they know it.

I've no problem with regular refugees fleeing war and trying to survive by going to another country to live. However, my issue is with the economic migrants that are only doing it for the free ride that they can expect in certain countries. I have many cousins in Poland, Germany, Ireland, and the UK. The biggest issue are the countries with the very generous social programs.

The UK for instance...when my wife lived there many migrants (and lazy Polaks) would go to that country, have as many kids as they see fit, and then live off the extremely generous social programs! Hell you could even have a house paid for with money left over if you were in a 'dire' enough situation. A lot of her friends moved back to Poland, kept an address in the UK, and just used the money back home.

The countries with the poor benefits/social programs will not have this issue because frankly there's no reason for the economic migrants to be there. It's sad that they're lumped in with the same group...but it's no different then the lazy folks here in Canada who are living off EI/Welfare for as long as they can and just sucking the system dry. Met plenty of people who would work just enough to qualify for EI...quit...then go back to work again after EI benefits quit...rinse dry and repeat.

As for forcing immigrants to fall in line with our values and rules, good luck. A personal pet peeve of mine is people living here for 20+ years and still not speaking English because they 'don't need to'. I'm all for keeping your heritage and culture...but if you can't accept the values and rules of the country you selected and a country that allowed you in...IMO it's time to go back where you came from. Then the $1M question....what are Canada's actual values to adhere to?

Maybe somebody should go around the middle eastern muslim world and interview more "normal" people? I've also seen videos where this was discussed*. These people are not animals. Not defending the migrant policies/crises in Europe in any way but basically you have desperate people doing desperate things. Mostly piss and vinegar young males who'd belong to gangs if in America. They get the attention, it doesn't show well, lacks curb appeal. No ocean? Time to put up a wall. Fix policy. Allow trickle in.

*They admire many western social advances and technologies. They hate the moral depravity and foreign policies. Migrants invading the west feel much less empathy because of past injustices real or imagined.

Last edited:
False equivalency as most of the Japanese that we put in camps would have gladly fought for our values, and most were already citizens who had came legally and were already contributing... these guys are choosing flight over fight, and showing up with their hand out. What exactly are you supposed to do with them?

Edit: and a bum under the Gardiner vs hundreds of 20 something males is yet again, false equivalency. Mob rule has a very different feel.

I think many of them chose flight over being bombed to **** actually. How exactly does the average Joe stop a Syrian helicopter or a Russian fighter jet?

False equivalency

I think many of them chose flight over being bombed to **** actually. How exactly does the average Joe stop a Syrian helicopter or a Russian fighter jet?

Highlighted the key words for you. Not saying the situation is good for anyone; fact remains in reply to the camps comment..... Maybe we can get NATO back into the game; I hear they're experts at humanitarian love bombing. How'd this all start again?

... Anyway, back on point, mimico brought up a reality you may be overlooking; that being, economic/other motivations. Many are not actually from area's of Syria under siege, or even Syria for that matter.

Then the $1M question....what are Canada's actual values to adhere to?

I will bite .... hockey, crazy traffic laws and seriously low hwy speed limits ... am I right?

In all seriousness, when I moved over here under the immigration law almost 20 years ago, I wanted to experience the Canadian culture, not the one I came from. I wanted to fit in and become a Canadian, whatever that means to people beyond a passport. I just cannot imagine, that vast majority does not want the same as well start generating income and thus contribute to the well being of the country (not that I love paying the very high taxes ... but who does?). Of course there are some lazy people who don't, but why to measure the success of the system by those?

Now, the migration in Europe, has, of course, nothing to do with the typical immigration to Canada. It really does not, but you have to listen to some people who are pretty impartial and compare apples to apples. There's many countries in Europe who don't have much nice to say about immigration, but most of them are the ones who don't accept any immigrants to start or have close to zero experience doing so. So what would you expect them to say? Overall, in my view, Europe as union collectively got stung due to absolute lack of any coherent immigration policy. It's just a mess of huge proportions and there's no easy solution on the horizon, because they have so many people now without proper docs roaming the union ... I assume they will have to go into some border lock down on their borders sooner or late to start clearing it up. Of course ordinary people are fed up and scared .... who would not be, so easy to do in today's instant digital world.

Maybe somebody should go around the middle eastern muslim world and interview more "normal" people? I've also seen videos where this was discussed*. These people are not animals. Not defending the migrant policies/crises in Europe in any way but basically you have desperate people doing desperate things. Mostly piss and vinegar young males who'd belong to gangs if in America. They get the attention, it doesn't show well, lacks curb appeal. No ocean? Time to put up a wall. Fix policy. Allow trickle in.

*They admire many western social advances and technologies. They hate the moral depravity and foreign policies. Migrants invading the west feel much less empathy because of past injustices real or imagined.

Trickle in is what works. Then the merging is slow and gentle over a period of time.

If it wasn't for oil and strategic locations few westerners would know where Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan etc were.

Do what the Polish did in WWII. The ones that got out joined the British Armed Forces and fought against the Nazis. Others joined the underground.

Do what the Polish did in WWII. The ones that got out joined the British Armed Forces and fought against the Nazis. Others joined the underground.

Right...except the Polish were armed with tanks etc by the allies. No ones even supplied ground to air missiles to even up things in Syria. It's pretty one sided.

Are others using the cover of the Syrian crisis for economic migration? Sure. But the real refugees are in a disasterous situation. No home, their government wants to cleanse them, no help from allies as they don't want to spark WWIII.

Right...except the Polish were armed with tanks etc by the allies. No ones even supplied ground to air missiles to even up things in Syria. It's pretty one sided.

Hrrrmmm...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_...yrian_opposition_forces#Anti-aircraft_weapons
http://www.janes.com/article/59374/us-arms-shipment-to-syrian-rebels-detailed
https://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/13/world/middleeast/syria-russia-airstrikes.html

[video=youtube;xVw3sgej2gg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVw3sgej2gg[/video]

I will bite .... hockey, crazy traffic laws and seriously low hwy speed limits ... am I right?

In all seriousness, when I moved over here under the immigration law almost 20 years ago, I wanted to experience the Canadian culture, not the one I came from. I wanted to fit in and become a Canadian, whatever that means to people beyond a passport. I just cannot imagine, that vast majority does not want the same as well start generating income and thus contribute to the well being of the country (not that I love paying the very high taxes ... but who does?). Of course there are some lazy people who don't, but why to measure the success of the system by those?

Now, the migration in Europe, has, of course, nothing to do with the typical immigration to Canada. It really does not, but you have to listen to some people who are pretty impartial and compare apples to apples. There's many countries in Europe who don't have much nice to say about immigration, but most of them are the ones who don't accept any immigrants to start or have close to zero experience doing so. So what would you expect them to say? Overall, in my view, Europe as union collectively got stung due to absolute lack of any coherent immigration policy. It's just a mess of huge proportions and there's no easy solution on the horizon, because they have so many people now without proper docs roaming the union ... I assume they will have to go into some border lock down on their borders sooner or late to start clearing it up. Of course ordinary people are fed up and scared .... who would not be, so easy to do in today's instant digital world.

Your attitude is what the receiving country would expect but a lot depends on the background of the immigrant.

After WWII there was an influx of Italians who were given crappy jobs and treated less than kindly in many cases. However they had been industrious skilled workers back home and they used those skills and attributes to prove themselves to be valued Canadians. What can the new immigrants bring to the table?

Compare that to someone whose family had been treated like dogs for so long that they didn't know how to act like anything else. They can only think of moving on up by winning a lottery. Others coming from corrupt countries only know corruption. No coyote passes up an easy lunch. That's the way they evolved.

Does Canada have a coherent immigration policy? As Justin. Bieber or Trudeau both are equally competent in such matters.

Havent seen a single report of a downed jet aside from the one the Turks shot down. Helicopters brought down occasionally by small arms fire. It's still massively one sided hence the massacre that WHO talks about.

Back
Top Bottom