For the right-leaning members here, which Conservative candidate would you vote for? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

For the right-leaning members here, which Conservative candidate would you vote for?

I didn't vote conservative in the last election (Couldn't stomach Harper any longer), but I didn't vote Liberal either.

Anyhow, I watched the conservative candidate convention last night and literally laughed a few times - what the hell was with the monster truck announcer? And the music? Honestly, it struck me as hilariously silly.

I will give them all Kudos for their professionalism however - it was cordial and informative.

FWIW I'm firmly in the camp that if O'leary wins it will be an automatic loss for the Conservatives in the next election - the bad taste of Trump is in everyone's mouths here now and the Liberals and NDP will just pound "Trump lite" into everyone's heads once the commercials startup. That'll hurt his numbers right out of the gate, and his bombastic personality and seeming disconnect with Canadians won't resonate well.

I'm not convinced he really is even a suitable candidate anyways - he doesn't live here anymore, he hardly spends any time here, and he's already said that if he wins the candidacy but doesn't actually win for PM he'll just quit, take his ball, and go home - no effort to actually continue in government at all after the fact. That won't play well either once people start to realize his "all or nothing" motivation.

Not commenting on O'Leary, but you should expand your circles a bit, cuz not everybody hates Trump up here. ;)

Around the time of the election the figure was 70% of Canadians that did NOT support or like Trump. Going on (Yes, simplistic) assumption that there's an even a 50/50 split on conservative vs liberal voters here in Canada, the simple math dictates that there's a not insignifigant number of Conservatives in that 70% group.

It's hard to believe that since the actual election, given his behaviour so far, that this figure has gone up any significant amount either.

Regardless, lets not let this thread turn into yet another Trump thread, but my point was that if O'Leary thinks that being Trump Lite is going to automatically win him the election (not to mention all the other things he has going against him, as I mentioned), he may want to rethink that.

Around the time of the election the figure was 70% of Canadians that did NOT support or like Trump. Going on (Yes, simplistic) assumption that there's an even a 50/50 split on conservative vs liberal voters here in Canada, the simple math dictates that there's a not insignifigant number of Conservatives in that 70% group.

It's hard to believe that since the actual election, given his behaviour so far, that this figure has gone up any significant amount either.

Regardless, lets not let this thread turn into yet another Trump thread, but my point was that if O'Leary thinks that being Trump Lite is going to automatically win him the election (not to mention all the other things he has going against him, as I mentioned), he may want to rethink that.

Well of course the Polls were wrong and Trump is President. So I would suggest that your implication that it's a slam dunk that if O'Leary gets the leadership he's toast is at best conjecture.

Time will of course tell.

Well of course the Polls were wrong and Trump is President.

A fair argument, but unlike those who lied during US polling and ended up being "closet voters" for Trump after the fact (but didn't want to openly declare such) I'm not sure Canadians were as apt to lie to pollsters - there's no real solid reasoning to to do.

Time will indeed tell but the mentality of Canadian voters is, I think (and hope) different vs American voters - I'm not sure they'll buy the O'leary rhetoric and bombast. Add in some pompousness on top and he loses a lot of people.

Hudak lost Ontario by trying to emulate American-esque right-wing policies up here. Sun News Network failed for the same basic reason. I doubt O'Leary (or Leitch for that matter) could carry carry Ontario and Quebec acting like Trump du Nord. By and large, Canadians favor more progressiveness in their conservatives even though the term "progressive" seems to have been expunged from the CPC.

Chong seems like the most reasonable of the pack thus far.

Hudak lost Ontario by trying to emulate American-esque right-wing policies up here. Sun News Network failed for the same basic reason. I doubt O'Leary (or Leitch for that matter) could carry carry Ontario and Quebec acting like Trump du Nord. By and large, Canadians favor more progressiveness in their conservatives even though the term "progressive" seems to have been expunged from the CPC.

Chong seems like the most reasonable of the pack thus far.
Lots of people are gradually being pushed to the right because of the left views that are pushed on others

Lefties playing the racist card again...

Same chin droolings as the trump thread. I'm sure lefties are fine people when not thought provoked.

The thread title is a bit misleading in that we don't vote in a PM. We elect MPs and if enough of them are of one party their leader, chosen by their party members, gets to play boss.

So do you vote for a party (Typical) or do you vote for your candidate because he/she is decent?

IMO O'Leary's smug attitude works on Dragons' Den where his "Show me the money" attitude only affects a few people. Having a hate focal point only works on TV and in wrestling.

A resurrected Jack Layton could take the cake.

Lots of people are gradually being pushed to the right because of the left views that are pushed on others

This! ^^^

So many voters who were more in the middle are now leaning right (including myself) because of what the left has turned into.

What's it turned into that directly affects you? Just interested.

Here is a list.

Trudeau lied about:

Scrapping the F-35 deal (went back)

Amending C-51 which never happened

Environment and no more pipeline which he just orders 2 more of.

The deficit which was $10bn and its already $30 bn after only one year

Scrapping or changing TPP which he did neither until Trump scrapped it

Legalization of Marijuana

Electoral reform which he just went back on.

And worst of all, he promised to uphold our charter of rights and now he is deploying speech police and trying to even censor our speech in such an Orwellian manner.

He said he protects LGBT right and women's right but he went on with a $15 bn deal with Saudi Arabia that executes gays and treats women like pets! Women can't even drive in Saudi Arabia but Trudeau is all too cozy with them.

He brought refugees to protect the war torn families yet he sold military vehicles with mounted guns which are now killing innocent civilians in Yemen and creating more war torn families. But hey, media spot light and hence brownie points were in Syria. no one cares about Yemen so who cares Mr. PM right?

He has lied about every single campaign promise and it's only been one year!

He is indeed a great actor and has amazing self marketing skills while using our tax dollars to push his own image and brand around the world. Too bad people think with their eyes and eat up platitudes rather than following actual policy.

P.S Mr. Trudeau. Religious laws are NOT (should not be) above the laws of the land. You don't seem to remember that!

Add to that all the social issues like bill C-16 .and now them trying to gag any criticism of Islam. All designed to curb freedom of speech even if what you say is factual.

Picking ministers based on gender rather than portfolio/skills and those who can best serve the interests of the nation. (not saying men are better or women. Just saying gender and gender politics should not be a determining factor for such vital positions)

And to sum it up, a PM who is defending the rights of few select groups rather than all of us. Someone who is more interested in being a SJW, 75 genders, all gender washrooms while calling himself a feminist every chance he gets rather than someone who is striving to better our economy, creating jobs and addressing ALL of our issue as a nation not just the a few select groups.

He defends you if you're Muslims, a woman (of color mainly but not exclusively), a member of the LGBTQ..... or a visible minority.

If you beloong to even one of these groups (white, male, Christian, straight...), he does not stand to protect you or your interests and that makes up a huge chunk of this country.

This is my understanding and opinion on Trudeau and why i miss Harper now. Something i never thought i'd say one day but hey, Trudeau pushed me there like Clinton pushed many on the left to vote conservative in states.

Here is a list.

Trudeau lied about:

Scrapping the F-35 deal (went back)

Amending C-51 which never happened

Environment and no more pipeline which he just orders 2 more of.

The deficit which was $10bn and its already $30 bn after only one year

Scrapping or changing TPP which he did neither until Trump scrapped it

Legalization of Marijuana

Electoral reform which he just went back on.

And worst of all, he promised to uphold our charter of rights and now he is deploying speech police and trying to even censor our speech in such an Orwellian manner.

He said he protects LGBT right and women's right but he went on with a $15 bn deal with Saudi Arabia that executes gays and treats women like pets! Women can't even drive in Saudi Arabia but Trudeau is all too cozy with them.

He brought refugees to protect the war torn families yet he sold military vehicles with mounted guns which are now killing innocent civilians in Yemen and creating more war torn families. But hey, media spot light and hence brownie points were in Syria. no one cares about Yemen so who cares Mr. PM right?

He has lied about every single campaign promise and it's only been one year!

He is indeed a great actor and has amazing self marketing skills while using our tax dollars to push his own image and brand around the world. Too bad people think with their eyes and eat up platitudes rather than following actual policy.

P.S Mr. Trudeau. Religious laws are NOT (should not be) above the laws of the land. You don't seem to remember that!

Add to that all the social issues like bill C-16 .and now them trying to gag any criticism of Islam. All designed to curb freedom of speech even if what you say is factual.

Picking ministers based on gender rather than portfolio/skills and those who can best serve the interests of the nation. (not saying men are better or women. Just saying gender and gender politics should not be a determining factor for such vital positions)

And to sum it up, a PM who is defending the rights of few select groups rather than all of us. Someone who is more interested in being a SJW, 75 genders, all gender washrooms while calling himself a feminist every chance he gets rather than someone who is striving to better our economy, creating jobs and addressing ALL of our issue as a nation not just the a few select groups.

He defends you if you're Muslims, a woman (of color mainly but not exclusively), a member of the LGBTQ..... or a visible minority.

If you belong to even one of these groups (white, male, Christian, straight...), he does not stand to protect you or your interests and that makes up a huge chunk of this country.

This is my understanding and opinion on Trudeau and why i miss Harper now. Something i never thought i'd say one day but hey, Trudeau pushed me there like Clinton pushed many on the left to vote conservative in states.

Please don't let all of these facts get in the way of the emotional Liberal agenda........

Back
Top Bottom