For the right-leaning members here, which Conservative candidate would you vote for? | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

For the right-leaning members here, which Conservative candidate would you vote for?

If you aren't a card carrying member of the party the decision could be made to go with O'Leary or Elmer Fudd regardless of your opinion.

Let's say they went with Bernier instead of O'Toole while you preferred O'Toole. Would you then vote Liberal, Green, NDP, Indie?
You just need to buy a membership. Not that hard
He had a serious business program on TV. If he ever runs for Prime Minister the lefties will have a field day with quotes from that show. If he wasn't genuine on that program then he is not credible.
I heard he is a leftie at heart. He sides with the cbc & legalization of marijuana

I heard he is a leftie at heart. He sides with the cbc & legalization of marijuana

Well, he railed against the low proletariat for taking up space so whoever represents those scuzzballs will have something to say about Mr. Wonderful.

Mr. Wonderful is out.

dde34b13fa7f0de5421cca8888ff29b1_nelson-ha-ha-meme-memes-ha-ha_400-373.jpeg

I don't think he was a true Conservative though.

I see a lot of Bernier supporters here. I like Bernier, but some of his platform is not realistic if he wants to get elected in Canada. He wants to eliminate public health care - something Canadians simply would not tolerate, much less vote for. I expect he would be forced to give up a lot of his ideas should he become leader, but there's the little matter of trust after he does.

Let us know how that goes

Let us know how that goes

Will do. Should be interesting. Specially since last night's revelations with O' Leary dropping out and endorsing him.

I voted NDP last time and going today with a friend who voted Liberal last. Interesting how Trudeau and the extreme lieral SJW femeNazi types are pushing people from the middle to the right.

Will do. Should be interesting. Specially since last night's revelations with O' Leary dropping out and endorsing him.

I voted NDP last time and going today with a friend who voted Liberal last. Interesting how Trudeau and the extreme lieral SJW femeNazi types are pushing people from the middle to the right.
How was it?

I found this on fb

*Copied and pasted from Larry Brandt*

Larry Brandt .

A little background for young Conservative voters...
Maxime Bernier served as the Minister of State for Small Business and Tourism in the cabinet of Prime Minister Stephen Harper. He resigned from cabinet on May 26, 2008, after a scandal involving an ex-girlfriend, Julie Couillard, with ties to the Hells Angels. Prior to entering federal politics in 2006, Bernier was vice-president of the Standard Life of Canada insurance company and manager of corporate and international relations at the Commission des valeurs mobilières du Québec.
Bernier was elected to parliament in the 2006 Canadian election. Bernier, on 6 February 2006 was appointed federal Minister of Industry. Following a cabinet shuffle in August 2007, Bernier was appointed as Minister of Foreign Affairs.
In April 2008, during a trip to Afghanistan, he told reporters that he wanted the governor of Kandahar, Asadullah Khalid to be replaced. This caused a major diplomatic scandal in which both heads of government, Hamid Karzai, and Stephen Harper, had to become involved, denying that the Canadian government told the Afghan government who to put in important posts. The call for Bernier to resign or be removed was almost universal among opposition politicians. Bernier's gaffe, which both warned Khalid and prevented the early removal of him and his clique, giving them time to deal with their enemies before resuming a more vulnerable life out of office, was seen in retrospect to be extremely detrimental to both Afghan and Canadian interests.
In May 2008, Bernier promised to send a C-17 aircraft transporting several helicopters to Burma which was hit by Cyclone “Nargis” that killed tens of thousands of people in early May. However, none of the four C-17 aircraft were made available at the time and the government was forced to send an aircraft rented at a cost of $1 million to the cyclone-ravaged area.
Bernier came under even more intense scrutiny after the media discovered that his girlfriend, Julie Couillard had past romantic links with members of the Hells Angels. Bernier was ultimately forced to resign when it was revealed that he had left sensitive briefing notes for a then-upcoming NATO meeting at Couillard's house after having broken off the relationship. Foreign Affairs was apparently unaware that NATO briefing papers were missing for five weeks. Couillard returned the package to Foreign Affairs on the advice of a lawyer and went to the media. Bernier resigned as foreign affairs minister May 26, hours before Julie Couillard revealed he had left government documents in her house in mid-April. She didn't return them to the government until May 25.
Thanks for the info Janine.

How was it?

It was ok. He arrived pretty late (it was pouring) and after he gave a quick speech about O'Leary dropping out and why it was, he moved to meet and greet part which meant not much time to ask questions because everyone was taking pictures with him.

I went up and managed to ask a few questions very quickly since there was a line.

Thanked him for voting against M103 (it was a big part of why i went in the first place) and then asked about his thoughts on the many difficulties men face in Canada while our PM constantly ignores all men and boys, calls himself a feminist, donated almost a $1 billion to women's only foundations and the latest budget was gender based (as even CBC reported on it in a negative way).

I quickly brought up men's high suicide rates. Losing children's custody in almost all cases. Rate of boys attending post secondary schools dropping for decades and no one paying any attention. Men's homelessness and governments complete lack of concern for them and their mental health. Huge number of men dying on the job and ....

He didnt answer most of them (understandably since there was little time but i think i got my general point across to him) but he did mention that he has a plan and was in fact talking to (i forgot the name) about reforming family laws in order to make it more balanced and less biased against men which was a good sign IMO.

All in all a fun event but i was hoping to get more policy talk out of him which didn't happen.

Seems like a friendly guy in person.

I think I prefer Kellie more than him. Even though he is pro-gun. I'd put the country before my hobby

Back
Top Bottom