Warm weather next week but bike is winterized | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Warm weather next week but bike is winterized

So what else do you do to winterize the bike apart from putting Stabilizer and remove the battery? lol

He pulled the carb too... sure sounds like winterizing to me lol.

Some of you guys worry a lot. When it's cold out don't ride like it's a 30c day in July (From a traction standpoint), watch for sand and salt (especially in corners), and an experienced rider will be just fine unless one is riding a bike with insane throttle or torque curves that you are unable (on too inexperienced) to be able to moderate/control.

The inexperienced part is worthy of consideration though. OP, since you just started riding in the fall, you may want to keep the risks in mind as your experience level may come into play. Riding in the cooler weather on potentially less than ideal road conditions is a situation where experience matters a lot more.

I was just happy when they reported on the news that the cold and hard winter predicted has been upgraded to a warmer than normal winter....very happy....now to wait and see.

I was just happy when they reported on the news that the cold and hard winter predicted has been upgraded to a warmer than normal winter....very happy....now to wait and see.

I missed that, although I've been on a cruise ship for the last few weeks so that doesn't surprise me. Good news indeed.

Myself, if the forecast for next weekend holds and the roads are decent, I'll be out for sure. I'm reasonably confident a few friends will join me as well.

So what else do you do to winterize the bike apart from putting Stabilizer and remove the battery? lol

Good question... I never have done anything different. I assumed he did more, if that's what the guy means I really don't see the problem with taking it out early. Stabilizer isn't expensive. I guess some bikes it's harder to pull the battery, mine only takes a minute or two.

ENSO is in neutral for the forseeable future and we are just on the borderline for a warmer than usual period.

off01_temp.gif

We'll get stuff like 9c yesterday followed by -9 as we sit right on the borderline.

i dont know what weather you guys are looking at but im seeing a high of 5 for sunday ... a little too nipley for me

Surely you jest

They knocked the 9c forecast down - as you can see from the Enso forecast we are right on the borderline so hard to call

Lol professional forecasters can't get even close to any accurate forecast past 3 days, but somehow gtam can predict the weather up to and including the summer.

Amaze balls

Lol professional forecasters can't get even close to any accurate forecast past 3 days, but somehow gtam can predict the weather up to and including the summer.

Amaze balls

I know right? and that guy with the Chinese profile name have access to weather within 180 days, HOLY SHIIT

Climate isn't weather. If you'd been paying attention you'd see we are on the edge of two trends cold to the west ....like crazy insane cold in BC and warmer to the east...we are sitting in the middle and will get a mix of above average as one side dominates and below average as the cold incursion shifts east a bit.

Last year was an El Nino year and crazy warm.....broke all records.

This year is LaNina or ENSO neutral but its still stupid warm in the Arctic and that impacts us. It's only mysterious if you choose not to learn. :rolleyes:

But the weather guy can't nail the shifts along the edge.

I know right? and that guy with the Chinese profile name have access to weather within 180 days, HOLY SHIIT
According to google translate his handle is "Oil wells Fei color" I am sure it is lost in translation.

Climate isn't weather. If you'd been paying attention you'd see we are on the edge of two trends cold to the west ....like crazy insane cold in BC and warmer to the east...we are sitting in the middle and will get a mix of above average as one side dominates and below average as the cold incursion shifts east a bit.

Last year was an El Nino year and crazy warm.....broke all records.

This year is LaNina or ENSO neutral but its still stupid warm in the Arctic and that impacts us. It's only mysterious if you choose not to learn. :rolleyes:

But the weather guy can't nail the shifts along the edge.

However, one should not make assumptions about the upcoming winter simply based on the development of La Niña. No two La Niña events are alike and the current La Niña event is rather weak. So, while La Niña will be a factor in our winter pattern, it is just one of the numerous variables that we are looking at in developing our winter forecast. Water temperatures in the Gulf of Alaska and the potential for blocking patterns to develop in the atmosphere over the arctic are also key considerations in developing a winter forecast.
https://www.theweathernetwork.com/us/news/articles/us-weather/us-winter-2017-how-we-forecast-three-months-ahead/74603/

So at the end, it is only an outlook, no one can say if the month of March will be warmer or colder etc. just that overall it might be warmer than the historical average, for us riders, this information is pretty useless.

According to google translate his handle is "Oil wells Fei color" I am sure it is lost in translation.

Odd, I thought it would have something to do with pinecones somehow... lol

Weather forecasters try for these pie in the sky 3 and 6 month forecasts....because the public wants them.

The public is the first to scream when they're not right, but if forecasters simply got up one day and said "We are not forecasting more than 3 days out, suck it" they'd once again be the first to moan about that as well.

As with many things in life, we are our own worst enemies.

It was supposed to be Heero Yuy from Gundam Wing but I think I pasted the wrong characters. Google says it's ヒイロ・ユイ lol

MacDoc seems to be speaking the same lingo I get in my reports. How climate/weather reports work is they use existing data and compare it to historical data. Using that, they can give a confidence rating as to how accurate the predictions and models are. There are periods where multiple models are showing different results, therefore resulting in low confidence. From my experience, when multiple models match up and a high confidence rating is given, the predictions are spot on.

The weather network uses this same data to predict rain and exact temperatures, which is why they're wrong a lot. Even with high confidence models, we're still going off predictions. Trying to "zone in" on a prediction is like multiplying two "relatively correct" correct numbers together and assuming the 10th decimal place is correct; the further you go, the more of a chance it's wrong.

Some of you guys worry a lot. When it's cold out don't ride like it's a 30c day in July (From a traction standpoint), watch for sand and salt (especially in corners), and an experienced rider will be just fine unless one is riding a bike with insane throttle or torque curves that you are unable (on too inexperienced) to be able to moderate/control.

The inexperienced part is worthy of consideration though. OP, since you just started riding in the fall, you may want to keep the risks in mind as your experience level may come into play. Riding in the cooler weather on potentially less than ideal road conditions is a situation where experience matters a lot more.

Never ended up taking the bike out. Weather was not what they predicted.
Thank you for you opinion.

Back
Top Bottom