Thoughts on these gear? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Thoughts on these gear?

Aha yes also completely correct! I found my CL packed in alot more than I expected (I read after the fact that some HJCs are notorious for this). Where it was a good tight fit everywhere when I got it, it's now no longer close to the same after breakin (especially on the cheeks I feel I have more room than I should.) So I was able to size down to a XXL in the RPHA10, and while pretty tight around the head and especially the cheeks (which I was expecting it being "race fit"), I'm fairly confident after breakin it should fit perfect.

On my FG I've noticed the cheek pads have packed in a lot (they were a borderline painful at the beginning), arguably a little more than I would've liked. Top of the head fits fine fortunately

On my FG I've noticed the cheek pads have packed in a lot (they were a borderline painful at the beginning), arguably a little more than I would've liked. Top of the head fits fine fortunately

Haha ditto, aside from being borderling painful ;) Have you tried on any RPHA 10s or 11s? You may find them a perfect fit for you!
According to speedtalker Revzilla owner, the 11 is one of his favourite helmets ever.
[video=youtube;J25I3tSPWAU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J25I3tSPWAU[/video]

Haha ditto, aside from being borderling painful ;) Have you tried on any RPHA 10s or 11s? You may find them a perfect fit for you!
According to speedtalker Revzilla owner, the 11 is one of his favourite helmets ever.

I tried (and wished it would fit), but too oval for me. I haven't really found any other helmets that fit so well other than the CL/FG, I think it's kind of funny that of course the only brand that fits my head is from the motherland.

Ok, so what exactly is the appeal of these socks? Looks like I can get the same from Under Armour or compression socks.
As a person with diabetes, I need to be careful with my sock choices.

Sent from the Purple Zone
I wear fox and thor moto-socks. I find them to be more comfy and they stay put, rarely ever fall down. No real difference to me otherwise.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

I tried (and wished it would fit), but too oval for me. I haven't really found any other helmets that fit so well other than the CL/FG, I think it's kind of funny that of course the only brand that fits my head is from the motherland.
LOL my 2pc Teknic is one of the best fitting (older model) suits I've tried on and I also noticed it's made in my motherland :D

Nope. Never did. I have much to learn.
Googling now.

Sounds like nonsense to me. Just wear something that'll minimize the sweat. I wear soccer socks for the long rides. They're not cotton, and are high enough to avoid unpleasant chafing from boots. Much less expensive than the so called MC socks.

I think I have a pair of Thor socks and an expensive pair of Klim socks... Joe Bass, the advantage to me is that they pull up above the knee. I wear knee/shin pads that strap to the leg instead of the fit in pants type, so wearing socks helps prevent the knee pad straps from rubbing my calves raw.

I always thought its more of an offroad thing though... if I am wearing pants with kneepads in the pants, then I will just wear regular socks.

I wear fox and thor moto-socks. I find them to be more comfy and they stay put, rarely ever fall down. No real difference to me otherwise.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Seem to go for around $40.
Last summer i bought 3 pairs of the moisture wicking basketball socks from old navy.
They are just under the knee length, cool, padded on the soles and have no seams.
Super cool and comfortable under boots on the track and street.
I think i got the 3 pairs for $20

Would tall soccer socks work too...or was that already mentioned?
Yes and yes. ?
The 3 for $20 deal from Old Navy seems like my type of thing.

Yes and yes. 
The 3 for $20 deal from Old Navy seems like my type of thing.

Are they proper compression socks though? I have a couple of pairs of compression socks that I bought for fencing a while back, and they do really well at keeping the blood from pooling on a long trip.

Back
Top Bottom