Big Bike Thread | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Big Bike Thread

Long story short, I ran the numbers hard and did some risk analysis and found two things. One - I wasn't capitalized well enough - this business, the way I wanted to do it, was heavy on inventory. The showroom is the centrepiece, and that's expensive. Two - the decline of the Canadian dollar made added about 30% to my costs, which I couldn't absorb. So I shelved it. I was well along, looking at commercial real estate etc., but I couldn't afford to lose the amount of money I would have had to lose in order to get traction. My due diligence was merciless, but the information was valuable.

Secondly - yes. Super interested. I got my feet wet in the dirt last year and I'm hooked. Also, I'll have as much of the summer off as I want to, so I'm looking to make the most of it.

I went through the same exercise and drew the same conclusions for the same reasons and contributing factors - it ain't easy...

excellent that youre enjoying the dirty stuff - summer begins end of March.

Last edited:
I went through the same exercise and drew the same conclusions for the same reasons and contributing factors - it ain't easy...

excellent that youre enjoying the dirty stuff - summer begins end of March.

For example March 2016, I've posted this video before of a ride with Alon and friends on big bikes. It did not look like summer, but it was.

[video=youtube;G3gK8z6_Zcg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3gK8z6_Zcg&index=2&list=PLz6RpOAdEZiCeQ4c jVx0ATY4ho8dqlRM1[/video]

Lol - at least you didn't post that slow-mo of me falling over to my side through that mud / water hole :)

Back
Top Bottom