New member checking in | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New member checking in

I think you are on the right track, Liability and Comprehensive for $1405 is the way to go unless you have a new bike then i suggest you to get a full coverage. Other then that the weather is getting better is time to go for a ride:D

Insurance wise you should be good for the ninja 300... I got insured in 2015 September (19 years old).. for 1650. September 2016 (20 years old) dropped down to 1150.

Brother who is 25 got insured last year (aged 25 at the time) in june 2016 for 1300.

Anything other than the ninja 300 is in a funny insurance bracket... For example, the cbr300r was 2400 for me and the r3 was 1900 (same insurance company, in 2016 when my premium from ninja 300 was 1150.

Congrats on the purchase! Lots of fun to be had soon. Ride Safe.

Thats because even amongst the insurers the ninja 300 has been around for so long, it has a reputation as a beginner bike, therefore great quotes.

I was getting 1300$ quotes from statefarm (quite phenomenal considering) for it, compared to 2000$ for the R3, when they are essentially the same bike.

Weather is good today, so first thing in the morning I went to the garage, changed my oil and then set out for a little ride on my street. It felt awesome. The Ninja 300 is so responsive and the braking is there. I really need to get better on my shifting from 1st to 2nd though lol

Weather is good today, so first thing in the morning I went to the garage, changed my oil and then set out for a little ride on my street. It felt awesome. The Ninja 300 is so responsive and the braking is there. I really need to get better on my shifting from 1st to 2nd though lol

ahhhh the first real taste of freedom......

the more you ride the better it will be.....

Anything other than the ninja 300 is in a funny insurance bracket... For example, the cbr300r was 2400 for me and the r3 was 1900 (same insurance company, in 2016 when my premium from ninja 300 was 1150.

Its because its been around for so long, that even a caveman(Or an unenlightened underwriter) will know that its a beginner bike, because it has been for like 20 years.

Even though its identical to the other 300s(r3 and all)

Was getting 2k quotes for R3, got a quote for like 1300 for ninja 300

The Ninja 300 is a very good bike to start off on. This is my second week of riding on the roads and the little thing is so responsive in handing around turns and braking, that I'm thoroughly impressed. It's very forgiving on beginner mistakes that I bet would not go over so smoothly on a 600+ cc bike. Although I have no other riding experience on any other bike except for the Yamaha TW200 at the RTI course, I will say this for all the beginners out there like me, you can't go wrong with a Kawi Ninja 300!

Congrats! Ive ridden with a randon guy on a ninja 250r before and boy was he pushing it. I was impressed. They can hit apexes quite nicely too if you get real good. Im pretty sure anything under a 600cc is mostly in the same price range for insurance. Check out mantha or td too..I hear they give decent rates. Oh and try reading some books or videos...i recommend twist of the wrist. There is another one called sport bike riding techniques or something like that. Great info and you can go out to practise what you read too. Most riders dont do this but this will definitely cut your learning time and get your experience up faster. The course doesnt teach you everyting you need to know. Just the basics. Check this out http://service.tanga-moteurs.ro/data/@Diverse-Sport.Riding.Techniques.pdf

Back
Top Bottom