how much time is allowed to lapse between policies? | GTAMotorcycle.com

how much time is allowed to lapse between policies?

dina

my current policy expires on April 17 2017 but what if i sell my current bike and get a new bike in June? will i be considered a new rider with no experience?

There are "guidelines". Technically any lapse in coverage will set you back. If sticking with the same insurance company, they may take your circumstances into consideration. They don't have to. But they could.

If you switch to another company and there is a lapse in coverage, they will likely start you at square one. But that also depends on your broker and selling capability and also the insurance company's desire to earn your business.

It's sometimes best to keep fire and theft coverage until you purchase something new. Even if you don't own the bike any more.

A broker or agent knows the current climate best since it's more of an underwriting question than a policy per say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went a full year without a bike or insurance a few years ago and it made zero difference when I insured my next bike. I sold my wife's bandit in September and haven't made any changes with insurance yet as we'll be buying another shortly. I'm also with TD so no payments September to March anyway.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom