Any feedback on the Michelin Power Cup EVO or the Power Slick EVO | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any feedback on the Michelin Power Cup EVO or the Power Slick EVO

The Ultimate was not brought into North America last year. Any that were available were from 2016. The Evo was available. Not sure if the Ultimate will be available this year, maybe talk to Kennedy Motorsports to see if they can get the Ultimate this year.
The Pirelli is still old school tire. It has steel in it. The Michelin and Dunlop are more newer constructions. I would say they are most similar. But A Dunlop is not a Michelin and vice versa. They will each work great with due diligence or not so good if you do no diligence. With these tires your grip and longevity is with tire hot pressures. So regardless of which,, you need to do some homework. Kennedy Motorsports is more then able to help you out.

Switched from Dunlop slicks to the Michelin slicks at the last 2 rounds of SOAR.

Liked them alot. The rear hooks up good with much better tire wear and less finicky about pressure from what I was used too. The front is a little softer so I upped the pressure to get the feel I wanted out of it but otherwise solid. The rear had more usable hard laps than the dunlops, and the front dropped off quicker. Overall very happy with them.

Did you use the new 180 Dunlop rear? Or were you using the standard 190?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Ultimate was not brought into North America last year. Any that were available were from 2016. The Evo was available. Not sure if the Ultimate will be available this year, maybe talk to Kennedy Motorsports to see if they can get the Ultimate this year.
The Pirelli is still old school tire. It has steel in it. The Michelin and Dunlop are more newer constructions. I would say they are most similar. But A Dunlop is not a Michelin and vice versa. They will each work great with due diligence or not so good if you do no diligence. With these tires your grip and longevity is with tire hot pressures. So regardless of which,, you need to do some homework. Kennedy Motorsports is more then able to help you out.

I reached out to Kennedy Motorsports after I read this and WOW, they responded within the hour! Prices are great too! Also, they took the time to assess my situation in order to help me decide on what tire to start with. Incredible service thus far.

Thank for the recommendation!

Did you use the new 180 Dunlop rear? Or were you using the standard 190?
Havent used the new 180 yet. Have been using the 190 and 200 slicks since 2014.
I reached out to Kennedy Motorsports after I read this and WOW, they responded within the hour! Prices are great too! Also, they took the time to assess my situation in order to help me decide on what tire to start with. Incredible service thus far.

Thank for the recommendation!
Yup, Wayne and Tyler are good peoples.

Havent used the new 180 yet. Have been using the 190 and 200 slicks since 2014.

Yup, Wayne and Tyler are good peoples.

I heard the new 180 has all new compounds and when they released them to MotoAmerica last year mid season lap times dropped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom