Eagle Rider Rental with M2? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Eagle Rider Rental with M2?

bmclarke

I've seen a few posts regarding, but nothing very recent. Can anyone confirm if it is possible to rent from Eagle Rider with an M2 License?

Their website says you need an M, but I've seen older posts suggesting that they accepted M2 for motorcycles. I am trying to organize a trip starting at the LA location and my friend only has their M2.

Thanks!

Seriously, you suck at the internet. From http://www.eaglerider.com/faqs/motorcycle-rentals it states the following:

Licenses issued from Canada:

· Class 6 designation – For all provinces except for Ontario

o Ontario

§ Class M1/M2: Will allow you to rent scooters.

§ Class M: Will allow you to rent motorcycles or scooters.

§ Class M Condition M: Will allow you to rent three-wheeled vehicles.

Call them and ask would be my advice. If they say yes get it in writing.

Perhaps they used to rent to M2 riders (older posts) but have since changed and posted current policy. Really the only one that could answer this would be the company itself.

Yeah, you want to know if your buddy can rent a motorcycle with an M2 license. The webpage states that they cannot rent a motorcycle only a scooter with an M2.

Yeah, you want to know if your buddy can rent a motorcycle with an M2 license. The webpage states that they cannot rent a motorcycle only a scooter with an M2.

I'm asking if anyone has done it despite what their website says. Sorry for your confusion.

Thanks for clearing it up for me, you want to know if they will bend their own rules for your buddy because someone on the internet in the past may or may not have been able to. Call them and ask, 1-888-900-9901.

I've been waiting for them to reply to my email.

Just got confirmation from one of their reservation agents via email, they WILL accept M2 for motorcycle rentals.

It will probably depend on location and the people there. I have a cousin who rented a Harley with an M2. That being said the only thing you can go on is their official policy. To assume because someone else got it that you will to will most likely leave you disappointed when you try and rent.

Why not call them up on the phone and skip the waiting for an email? Try calling the location you would be renting from.

Thanks. I did get a reply saying they would accept it. I can even book through the agent that told me this, so that's a relief.

Just to add to above....it would seriously suck if you got down there and they said nope. I'm glad you got the confirmation written, plan for the best but expect the worst.

Credit card, sense of humour and a back up plan. All you need to travel.
Have fun, send trip review!

I see that you got an email confirmation. BUT one thing to be concerned about, is in the event your buddy crashes, the "corporation" could say the agent violated corporate policy by renting to him, and their insurer may deny coverage. In the end, given the litigious nature in the US, you could be in for a real hassle. As meme said go hoping for the best but plan for the worst.

I hear ya. To be fair, their policy also states:

"[FONT=&quot]We take a valid driver’s license from your home country stating that you’re allowed to ride a motorcycle equivalent to the motorcycle you are renting."
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
The M2 has no restrictions on the type of motorcycle the licensee can operate.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

I would check into their insurance or if you have to be covered by your own policy, (which would be ideal from your friends perspective). Doesn't matter what their "corporate policy" says. Only important thing is what their insurer says. Their company policy doesn't protect from someone else suing you, (if involved in a collision), which is almost guaranteed in the USA..lol

Did your buddy just get his M2? has enough time elapsed that he can do his M exit test? if so why not do it before you guys leave?

FYI the above info, (About insurance coverage), applies to even you with a full M, not just for your buddy with an M2.

Pretty tough to fight a lawsuit filed in California from Ontario. Just make sure everyone's butt is covered, also best to buy travel insurance. Other than that have a GREAT trip and fun while your there.

I hear ya. To be fair, their policy also states:

"We take a valid driver’s license from your home country stating that you’re allowed to ride a motorcycle equivalent to the motorcycle you are renting."

The M2 has no restrictions on the type of motorcycle the licensee can operate.

Last edited:
Definitely. I've rented from them in the past and got the max vehicle coverage and max liability, plus I use my own travel insurance. Their insurance policies are pretty straight forward. I work in corporate litigation, so I know my way around a contract hah.

My friend only got their M2 last summer, so they can't get the M this year unfortunately.

And thanks, we're getting excited just planning.

Back
Top Bottom