No ethanol | GTAMotorcycle.com

No ethanol

bigpoppa

Was just thinking back to when i winterized and put the bike away, people suggested that its better to use Non ethanol fuel(since ethanol fuel attracts water/moisture if its sitting)

Which i did, but in addition i noticed as the last few tanks of fill ups included Shell premium(with no ethanol) and fuel stabalizer, the bike became more responsive and started riding better, slight change in temperament, i noticed it right away too now that i come to think of it.

Anyone else have a similar experience? or is this just placebo?

I didn't notice anything, but it was only on my last tank I swapped. Maybe try a few during the season.

I used to run regulars on fill ups and a full tank lasts me about 220 km roughly, then after switching over to non-ethanol gasoline (Shell), a full tank lasts less 220 km?

anyone knows why?

what is the MAIN difference between ethanol & non-ethanol gasolines?

Last edited:
Straight gasoline has a higher energy content than E10 per unit volume. You'll go further on a tank of unleaded, all else being equal and when you turn the wick up there would be an increase in performance. Wouldn't surprise me if it "burned" better than E10 as well leading to better driveability.

With mine, I've noticed I get slightly worse fuel economy with Shell 91 than I do with Shell 87. Maybe that's due to it making slightly more power, but I never really notice that.

That said, also keep in mind colder air does mean more power. I know my bike likes days that are around 10c better than it likes days around 30c.

My VTX runs poorer and gets dramatically worse fuel economy on high octane fuel, so the only time I use it is the last tank of the season. Ethanol or not doesn't seem to make any difference.

Some engines run better with premium (particularly if they are high compression & they recommend it), others will show no difference, some may run worse with it.

Back
Top Bottom