Brampton powersports closing | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Brampton powersports closing

Never been there, but called to ask about some used bikes they had a while back. The prices were a little high IMO, and they didn't seem to want to budge at all. Obviously could be a different story in person but that was my experience.

If I am not mistaken this is company policy across all of Performance auto dealers (most dealers in the Brampton auto mall)... No hassle, no negotiation pricing.
With how many used cars this dealer group runs through a month ( TONS), let alone new sales, its a surprise how long the powersports division lasted.

Many shops will continue to die due to online competition and lower overheads - I'd bet most/many go into these stores to try stuff on and get info etc, only to purchase the same thing online afterwards

I've bought a few things online where I had to send them back due to bad fit etc...this is why stores charge more - a convenience factor.

It's a shame how much time the people who work in those stores waste on people that have zero intention on buying from them in the first place.

I suspect the issue with Brampton Powersports is that it is part of a large dealer group with management that is only interested in how much money they can make from the land and property available, and a used car lot makes more money from the available property than a motorcycle dealer.

Making money in this business is tough if your target market shops online for the cheapest possible price for everything.

All the good shops have an enthusiast in the background somewhere who owns the place - preferably more than one.

I will put in a good word at this point for Burlington Cycle (Kawasaki and Honda). Small shop ... but a good one that has been there for a long time.

Boom, nail on the head with the property comment. I was told that they are turning it into office space for the auto group. They close for sales on Friday, they are storing peoples newly purchased bikes and others who pay to store them and then in the spring after everyone picks up their bikes they will auction the rest of the stock and then renovate.

I have had good and bad experiences there with their sales department and never a problem with their parts/service. It sucks they are closing as I would buy parts from them occasionally but it worked out because I got a great deal on a new bike.

I would be interested to hear more from ReSTored about the distributing agreements, never heard that before.

Also, shout out to Ian from Brampton Powersports, great guy to deal with, no nonsense, no hard sales tactics, and was honest through the whole experience. Eddy/Eduardo on the other hand was helpful the first time I talked to him a few years back but not so great a few months ago when I was interested in a new bike.

Great place with good selection and good demo days too (although busy). sad to see it go.

*Side note, I didn't know Kahuna closed. I was looking at Kawasaki 300s a while back. bummer.

Mark, their head mechanic, has been in the business a long time and is excellent. I'm sure he will pop up somewhere else.

For the aftermarket parts, the problem with the Canadian market is that there are a small number of distributors who have the market locked up, and most shops deal with those distributors and no one else to get common parts. If you walk into a shop here and ask for something aftermarket, probably the parts guy will automatically open up the Motovan or Parts Canada catalogs and if it isn't in there, it might as well not exist. You can't get a lot of stuff that's available elsewhere in the world because Parts Canada doesn't carry it. There are a small number of shops that actually know that a world exists outside of those catalogs and if you find such a shop, give them your business. Bluestreak is one of them ...

+1 to Bluestreak, and the shipping of in stock items is a couple days tops in Ontario.

RIP. 10 minutes from my place, super convenient to order parts, and friendly staff. You will be missed...

Only downside to Brampton powersports when I bought a couple bikes from them was the fact it was in Brampton.

Bluestreak is very nice to deal with.

Yes they are...waiting for my windscreen that I bought at the show....any day now...

As for Brampton Power Sports, sucks to hear of another dealer shutting their operations. Ian was a good salesman and I bought my 250 from him back in the day.

Ah to have money would be nice to open up a lil moto shop.

The one time I really needed a part, they told me they can't sell it to me because they're doing inventory.
The store was open and I confirmed that they had the part a day before.

Someone mentioned Kahuna? Another crappy dealer with poor customer service and high prices.
Their glory days were when they were feasting on Ninja 250 newbies.

You guys cry so much but there are tons of motorcycle dealers and stores in Toronto. There are just as many new ones opening as there's old ones closing. The world is not coming to an end. Nature of capitalism, all there is to it.

.......... I would be interested to hear more from ReSTored about the distributing agreements, never heard that before..............

As Brian P said in the post below yours two major distributors in the CDN market have worked hard to sign up the majority of vendors ( and kudos, I guess, to them for doing this ) in the marketplace to long term exclusive distribution agreements. Imagine you're a US vendor with no CDN sales force or presence. A CDN national distributor approaches you and offers to be your CDN authorized distributor and will order from you in bulk and store inventory in a few locations across the country + do all sales. It's a no brainer for most US organizations.

Relatively recent online access to US sources shows us how expensive the "middle man" can be in terms of the CDN price. However, you really have to do a part by part comparison to determine the premium, if any, associated with this distribution setup and net cost to you. Pete's Superbike is a great example of tires ordered from Parts Canada, a razor thin margin acceptable by Pete's and prices to your door virtually as good as US sources. FortNine Scala cost (distributed by Parts Canada or Motovan) to me last July was better than several US vendors once currency translation was factored in. The low CDN dollar we've experienced in the past couple of years can offset any advantage of a low US unit cost. OEM parts are no contest, even with the low dollar they are half the cost of CDN dealers.

Got a smoking deal from Ian on a new bike on Tuesday, great guy deal with.... no bull, very smooth transaction..and thanks to Edwardo as well. I will miss the good people at the parts counter also....the right part the first time and every time.
Cheers Guys

Got a smoking deal from Ian on a new bike on Tuesday, great guy deal with.... no bull, very smooth transaction..and thanks to Edwardo as well. I will miss the good people at the parts counter also....the right part the first time and every time.
Cheers Guys

Ian was the same guy who sold me my 650. Very easy to deal with, and to work out numbers that worked both for myself and the dealership.

Do they have any gear left? Been looking for an RS1 helmet to replace my Vortex but can't find one in my size and seems discontinued from Bell...price was right at the show but colours were all weird.

Don't think it matters, doors close today.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom