Brampton powersports closing | GTAMotorcycle.com

Brampton powersports closing

Newblet

No one has mentioned this on the forum yet. Thoughts? Some good deals there on new bikes but lots have sold and their website is looking pretty Barron now.

Not surprised, they were a long way away from anything.
Over priced accessories and a lot of motorcycle stock.

I got a great deal on my bike there... didn't know they were closing. I think I'll take a look and see what they have kicking around.

Not much by the looks of it...

Its close to my place so i often check in to see how theyre doing(plus theyre one of the few dealers that dont seem to have dou-chebag sales people)

Also to pick up parts once in a while...oh well

Last edited:
Another sad day for the motorcycle community! Many good people work there! I will miss Brampton Powersports! :(

yes sir, another sad day indeed, first goes Kahuna (such a great dealership, got my bike there, tons of inventory, everything you can find under the sun), now this. I thought the amount of people that have interests in motorcycling did increased over the years.

guess I'm wrong about it.

Not surprised. I tried to give them my business many times on parts as they are only 10 minutes from me, but they were consistently 25-35% more expensive than the going rate in the GTA.

Wow hadn't heard about this before. Bought my 650 there...dealt with a few places and they were the best and easiest to deal with, plus I'm pretty anal about paintwork and the bike was spotless (vs my 250 from Clarington that came with nice scratch marks).

Looks like dealerships are falling one by one. One of the key things contributing to this is decades long locked in Canadian distribution agreements held by PartsCanada and Motovan that make aftermarket parts and accessories so expensive and drives volume to US online vendors. This, along with Canadian OEM parts cost being about 2x more expensive than US prices, drives even more volume to online US retailers. All this takes significant sales revenue away from Canadian bike shops and many can't survive.

Except that there are a few that are doing really well and keep expanding. Gp bikes, apex cycle and two wheel come to mind. What are they doing to grow that the others who are struggling aren't?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Mission Cycle is another shop that defies the odds. They sell only ktm (new), mostly dirt bikes and yet they keep getting bigger and better. The service from Todd and the staff is second to none, they know the market and they go after it. Sometimes it pays to specialize.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

I suspect the issue with Brampton Powersports is that it is part of a large dealer group with management that is only interested in how much money they can make from the land and property available, and a used car lot makes more money from the available property than a motorcycle dealer.

Making money in this business is tough if your target market shops online for the cheapest possible price for everything.

All the good shops have an enthusiast in the background somewhere who owns the place - preferably more than one.

I will put in a good word at this point for Burlington Cycle (Kawasaki and Honda). Small shop ... but a good one that has been there for a long time.

+1 Brian (do we still use +?). The Canadian target market is small, seasonal and cheap, though that's not surprising given the underlying circumstances. As part of the vehicle market as a whole, any serious decline would be more noticeable in car sales first. Running a tight ship and making sound business decisions isn't defying the odds.

Ouch, its to bad to hear, but makes a ton of sense.

With how big the performance auto dealer network it is, this was a pure financial move.. Expand its used lot, and say goodbye to seasonal low margin motorcycle sales.

I went to Brampton Power Sports for a few parts here and there. They had a good selection of bikes. I have to say the store frontage was awful, parking was squishy because of the stupid used car detail shop, and their accessories shop was about average. Still it's a sad loss for a declining industry. I get all my Honda stuff from Larry's Small Engines now.

I go to their annual demo days for Honda, Yamaha and Suzuki. And after Kahuna Power Sports closed down, Brampton Power has been the nearest "large format" store to check out. Sad to see them go.

We still have Snow City Cycle and Ready Power Sports at least....

Except that there are a few that are doing really well and keep expanding. Gp bikes, apex cycle and two wheel come to mind. What are they doing to grow that the others who are struggling aren't?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

This
Few dealerships are doing well, while most arent.
Most of the time the people i dealt with at brampton were good people, sad to see them go.

Unfortunate, I liked the parts counter staff there. I really liked their showroom layout too but maybe that's just me

Never been there, but called to ask about some used bikes they had a while back. The prices were a little high IMO, and they didn't seem to want to budge at all. Obviously could be a different story in person but that was my experience.

Back
Top Bottom