Offroad Ontario/World Enduro Canada | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Offroad Ontario/World Enduro Canada

How rough is the terrain in cross country...is it worth picking up a skid plate and pipe guard for the bike?

How rough is the terrain in cross country...is it worth picking up a skid plate and pipe guard for the bike?
Definitely a skid plate, helps a lot with the log crossings, rock piles etc. The pipe guard is a personal opinion thing, but I always ran one. I used eline carbon fibre pipe guards on my ktm 2t.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Definitely a skid plate, helps a lot with the log crossings, rock piles etc. The pipe guard is a personal opinion thing, but I always ran one. I used eline carbon fibre pipe guards on my ktm 2t.

Cheers,

Hell yes I'm old. The novice guys were mostly 16-20 year Olds with stamina all day. I was glad when I qualified for vet class lol.

Hell Yeah...Vet class is older but rides with Wisdom !!!

At 47 and joining/racing for the first time this year I am happy to have a VET class to join.
Looking forward to riding fast and meeting new riders.

Cheers to a great 2017 season!

They call those guys "masters" lol. Retired pros. There's a class for everyone. My first season I went beginner class because well, I was a beginner. Then novice, those young guys rip, then vet 38+.
None of it matters. My first few races I had no idea what was going on, I just followed the arrows. People are passing you constantly, thought I was off the pace until I realized everyone was out there together (pros too).
End of my first race I was so tired and had no idea where I finished. Turns out I was the first place beginner class winner of the 2010 Beagle Bash enduro. Felt good after racing for 6 hours and 52 minutes.

At 38 years young, I just made it to qualify for the vet class.
Hell Yeah...Vet class is older but rides with Wisdom !!!

At 47 and joining/racing for the first time this year I am happy to have a VET class to join.
Looking forward to riding fast and meeting new riders.

Cheers to a great 2017 season!
It will also be my first year, should we not be in a rookies vet class?

Vet is 40+ now.
Hahaha! Looks like Supernam and a few others might be dealing with those novice riders I was speaking of.

Hahaha! Looks like Supernam and a few others might be dealing with those novice riders I was speaking of.

And it's 40 as of Jan 1st and not the first race as it used to be. I turned 40 at the beginning of March last year and I wasn't allowed in. Where in pervious years you can jump to vet the race after your birthday.

Probably better off in NovC anyway. I recognize some of the names in the vet class. There's quite a bit of sandbagging going on with the class rearrange last year.

Only a couple rounds overlap with a MX series I race in so hopefully my girlfriend and I can get out to a few rounds this year. I've watched a few helmet cam vids on youtube and the courses they lay out look pretty good for the most part.

Well I was out riding at Gore Road MX and I can tell you it was awesome. A little muddy in some sections, but it really dried up in the afternoon. Are there any MX sections in the enduro races?

3104a2031b9b39d01ce3673f1471ead4.jpg

Ready to go!

Nice bike, nam.....going green plate this season?

Back
Top Bottom