Offroad Ontario/World Enduro Canada | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Offroad Ontario/World Enduro Canada

My first season I raced a drz400s, didn't remove anything. Got a 4th, two 3rd, and a first place trophy.
Next season I had a ktm exc 200 2t.
Great times, tons of fun and a great way for newbies to get into racing. The routes are marked with arrows, simplifies navigating.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk
What class did you race the 300 lb DRZ400 in? I would think it would mostly 200 to 250 lb dirt bikes mostly. The 200 2T I rode was amazing in singletrack.

What class did you race the 300 lb DRZ400 in? I would think it would mostly 200 to 250 lb dirt bikes mostly. The 200 2T I rode was amazing in singletrack.
The drz was my first season so I was in beginners class. Got moved up to novice as I was still too young for veterans 38 at that time. At 44, I now have my pick of several classes.

For anyone interested in the trail ride series instead of competition. The Algonquin 2 day and the Soggy Boot are both awesome.
07c3344cf7c82f46db9b70fd930cf54f.jpg

Thanks for the advice/info everyone. I spent the week researching bikes and race organizations and I decided to race cross country for the most part this season. I also bought my first dirty bike today, a KTM 250 XC. I look forward to meeting some of you this season. Cheers,

Good for you, and congrats on the 250XC (if it's the 2 stroke I'm jealous).

Cross country racing is great value for money, and a TON of fun. You'll have a blast and meet lots of really nice people.

Hay man Congrats on the new bike! ( I ride '08 250 xc-f) Do you have any previous dirt ridin' experience?

On page 1 there is a list of X country races. Those are for non street legal bikes.

Which one of these events is strictly offroad? My bike ain't road legal...:(
All of the x country races are fully offroad. The enduro races are too with the exception of the Beagle Bash and the Terra Nova. New racers may want to do the x country stuff, they are two hour races and you complete as many laps as you can. The enduros can be 6-7 hours depending on how fast you are.

For anyone interested in the trail ride series instead of competition. The Algonquin 2 day and the Soggy Boot are both awesome.
07c3344cf7c82f46db9b70fd930cf54f.jpg

Question: Are any of these Trail rides only offroad? My bike is not road legal...Thanks

Question: Are any of these Trail rides only offroad? My bike is not road legal...Thanks
All of the trail rides are green plate friendly. You must have liability insurance and the bike must be offroad (green) plated.
Many of the municipalities allow us to ride the shoulder of the road for these events to link trail sections, even green plates. I have had to walk my bike through one short section before but only because it was through town.
The trail ride series really is awesome.

All of the trail rides are green plate friendly. You must have liability insurance and the bike must be offroad (green) plated.
Many of the municipalities allow us to ride the shoulder of the road for these events to link trail sections, even green plates. I have had to walk my bike through one short section before but only because it was through town.
The trail ride series really is awesome.

How would you know when you can ride on the shoulder and when you can not?

How would you know when you can ride on the shoulder and when you can not?
The sections that are given an allowance are usually gravel roads. The only time I've had to walk my bike was during the Algonquin 2 day and it was "downtown" Whitney. There was 150 dirt bikes fueling up and green plates were walking to the next trail, took a few minutes.

Hay man Congrats on the new bike! ( I ride '08 250 xc-f) Do you have any previous dirt ridin' experience?
Thanks...and, some time on Buds 2 banger 30+ years ago..so no experience. Good thing for UTube videos to review proper form and technique as well as Vet Class. lol.

Thanks...and, some time on Buds 2 banger 30+ years ago..so no experience. Good thing for UTube videos to review proper form and technique as well as Vet Class. lol.
Remember vet class doesn't just mean old, many of us have been racing for years. Hence the "veteran". On the flip side, most guys are happy to help someone learn.

Remember vet class doesn't just mean old, many of us have been racing for years. Hence the "veteran". On the flip side, most guys are happy to help someone learn.

I am going to enter the oldest and slowest class I can find.

I am going to enter the oldest and slowest class I can find.
They call those guys "masters" lol. Retired pros. There's a class for everyone. My first season I went beginner class because well, I was a beginner. Then novice, those young guys rip, then vet 38+.
None of it matters. My first few races I had no idea what was going on, I just followed the arrows. People are passing you constantly, thought I was off the pace until I realized everyone was out there together (pros too).
End of my first race I was so tired and had no idea where I finished. Turns out I was the first place beginner class winner of the 2010 Beagle Bash enduro. Felt good after racing for 6 hours and 52 minutes.

Sorry to be the one to tell you but if you qualify for vet class your old, that does not mean that your not a good rider, but it still means your old. I'm sure the twenty something crowd will agree. Lol.

Sorry to be the one to tell you but if you qualify for vet class your old, that does not mean that your not a good rider, but it still means your old. I'm sure the twenty something crowd will agree. Lol.
Hell yes I'm old. The novice guys were mostly 16-20 year Olds with stamina all day. I was glad when I qualified for vet class lol.

Back
Top Bottom