Offroad Ontario/World Enduro Canada | GTAMotorcycle.com

Offroad Ontario/World Enduro Canada

Supernam

Are there any members in here? I know they have a website/forum of their own but I am curious if anyone here races with them. I am planning on bringing my YZ250FX out this year.

I raced with them 2010, 2011 and 2012. Great organization, awesome courses. You won't be able to enter the enduro races without a blue plate, but two hour cross country races are fine for green plates.
The Mansfield race is not to be missed.
Always run your own race, don't worry about being passed, there are other faster classes on the course at the same time and it's hard to tell who's who at times.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

There's only 2 blue plated enduros. The beagle bash and the Terra nova. Green plate is good for the rest. The mini pine at the ganny is a blast in the spring and a great one to try it out.

I tried one WEC event last year,the Mexican 500. Was some of the most fun I had racing in a long time.

Just try a few out and have fun with it.

I will get a membership and try a few out with some other people I know. The offroad/dirt riding subforum is not very busy so I was curious about the riders here. Mostly street riders with a fair share of track riders on this forum.

I did not know Robp was actually Rob P, but now I know.
The world gets smaller everyday.

I'll just leave this here.
35076a7286f0d9e942a52313a0b8019d.jpg

Are you riding a small bike this year? Or bringing the Versys out to Bethany and Creemore rides?
At this point it's just the versys. We'll see what the future holds.

Whoooaaaaa!! These look awesome! Definitely going to make it out for a handful of these.

Their website reeeeaaally sucks though. Looks like it was made in 1998 and wasn't finished.

For someone who doesn't know anything about these events (like me), it sure does leave a lot of information out....like the address.

Whoooaaaaa!! These look awesome! Definitely going to make it out for a handful of these.

Their website reeeeaaally sucks though. Looks like it was made in 1998 and wasn't finished.

For someone who doesn't know anything about these events (like me), it sure does leave a lot of information out....like the address.

When I was involved in the off road community event details would get posted in late winter, as location related details get firmed up. Lots can happen between coming up with the schedule and running the event as some of them likely take place on private property. Keep an eye or post a question on their forum and you'll get what you need. I've known most of the guys involved for 20 + years, and I'm sure you'll get your answer.

As for the website, most of the important stuff comes out of the forums. From experience, posters like the graphic above were put together for use at winter shows, not as a stand alone guide/invitation to attend. All the events listed note the organizing club so details can be acquired from them. Organizations like this rely almost exclusively on volunteers, so as we used to say, "If you don't like it, volunteer and do it better."

How does the fuelling work on enduro races? Do you need a pit crew to meet you at the gas stop? I read through the 2016 rules but it's not clear to me.

That's easy. I guess I'll have to try enduro this year. Does anyone have suggestions for bikes to look at for enduro racing assuming ld like to keep maintenance time low. ld like to pick up a MX bike but I don't have the time to check valves every 15hrs, and engine work every 50+ hrs to ensure it's running optimal. Cheers,

I'm partial to 2 stroke KTM for the Woods. Easy maintenance, lightweight, tractable power in the low rpm but wails up top. Xcw models have a wide ratio transmission for 100+kph blasts down the straights.

How tight are the trails? Could a drz400 make it?
My first season I raced a drz400s, didn't remove anything. Got a 4th, two 3rd, and a first place trophy.
Next season I had a ktm exc 200 2t.
Great times, tons of fun and a great way for newbies to get into racing. The routes are marked with arrows, simplifies navigating.

My first season I raced a drz400s, didn't remove anything. Got a 4th, two 3rd, and a first place trophy.
Next season I had a ktm exc 200 2t.
Great times, tons of fun and a great way for newbies to get into racing. The routes are marked with arrows, simplifies navigating.

That's awesome, thanks a lot, I am considering taking my drz470, need to get dirt wheels first though

Any dirt bike will get you through these trails with no problem. Rider ability will dictate how you finish. Chances are the guy who wins, would have done so whether he was on a 2t KTM woods bike, a big old XR650, or a tame, road legal 4t 250cc. Run what you got, and have FUN!!

Back
Top Bottom