Got my 2017 renewal paperwork, insurance going down again !! WOOT ... | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Got my 2017 renewal paperwork, insurance going down again !! WOOT ...

Planning calabogie this year? I picked up the 2017 schedule from Pro6 earlier today from the motorcycle show

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure..this year i'm gonna race you in the red group..your bike and my road racing bicycle! I should be able to do 6minutes a lap what do you think?:D Sold all my track gears.

Last edited:
When I had the 08 1000RR on the street it was $750/yr w/ allstate. They wanted the house and cars which were average rate. This is in waterloo, 30+, clean, try Grant Redfern:

GRedfern@allstate.ca

Try to sale the 1000cc and buy a 600cc instead way cheaperrrr.:D

Someone should start a "Geezer, low MC insurance rates" thread to counter the many "squid SS high insurance rates, what should I do?" threads, to sorta even things out even a little.

I'd be interested to know, through empirical rider data, for the GTA, how old you need to be to get a low rate, what they ride and where they live.

Last edited:
@TorontoBoy there was a thread like that last year iirc
Bike
License class
Rate
Stand alone/ bundled

Sent from the Purple Zone

Sure..this year i'm gonna race you in the red group..your bike and my road racing bicycle! I should be able to do 6minutes a lap what do you think?:D Sold all my track gears.

I am in green group and my best was 3:30 or something like that during the two days I ever had on the track. ?

6 mins on bicycle is damn good though, it has turbo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

30 years old 6+year Mc license clean. $760/year comprehensive with wasanasa for a 2011 gsxr 750. Getting old isn't that bad.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Maybe check the fine print and see if your coverage has been reduced after last years changes. May merely be the illusion of improvin'

I'll double check, I think my renewal last year had the changes already baked into it which is why I saw it drop significantly last year and only a minor drop this year (by comparison).

I'm so hype about these rates! Can't wait till I get older and get my full GM :D Currently will be paying $3000/year for a R3 :'(

I'm so hype about these rates! Can't wait till I get older and get my full GM :D Currently will be paying $3000/year for a R3 :'(
make sure if you took the motorcycle safety course you tell your broker, there is a discount.
and it actually makes it so some companies will take you as a new rider when usually they wouldnt.

My renewal for 2017 just arrived...
Down $111.00 from last year's $945 premium to $844. 'Nice little surprise.
Bike's a '16 FJR1300 ES

Last edited:
I just got mine in the mail and was really surprised (2013 ninja 300 through Meloche Monnex).

From 749 to 372!!!

Just to add, my new policy with lower premium has "Property Damage" removed.

Wonder if this is really needed.

Got an update from Vinnie at Allstate a few days ago. I got the elite rider discount (30% off) a few months early, he put in an exception for me.

Now paying around $80 a month for my 2008 GSX-R 750. Overall savings from last year to this year on car and bike $1200+.

yep, mine went down by $293 for two bikes. Nice change for once. I left TD last year and switched to AVIVA with Dalton Timmis, thinking they would give one year of decent rates and BAM!!!!!, have a huge increase but its a pleasant surprise. Now to wait for the cars........

Just a reminder, MOST policies now have REDUCED coverage, (which is why many are seeing decreases, it is NOT that they are giving us a price break). Compare last years coverage to this years you will see the reductions. In my case the reduction was wiped out when I choose to go back to the previous coverage levels, (except for the increased deductibles as the lower $300 deductibles I previously had are no longer available now minimum deductible is $500).

There is a thread here in the sub forum about decreased coverages.

1st year with tdmm on a cb500x for a 28 y old rider on an m2 for past 3 years
$1050

2nd year with tdmm with full m
$1225

3rd year with tdmm with full m
$783

Just a reminder, MOST policies now have REDUCED coverage, (which is why many are seeing decreases, it is NOT that they are giving us a price break). Compare last years coverage to this years you will see the reductions. In my case the reduction was wiped out when I choose to go back to the previous coverage levels, (except for the increased deductibles as the lower $300 deductibles I previously had are no longer available now minimum deductible is $500).

There is a thread here in the sub forum about decreased coverages.

^^^^^ this. Check very carefully. My rates were down a tiny bit but coverage totals changed. I may enquire to see how much to get them back up to the original amounts. TD Meloche Monex alumni program here.

Back
Top Bottom