Motorcycle Supershow for Gear? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle Supershow for Gear?

Toronto

Hi,

I was wondering if the Supershow (Jan. 6-8.) is worth going to if you're just looking to try-on/purchase gear? I'm a new rider that will be starting in Spring of 2017 with a brand new 2015 R3 in Blue. My local store is great, but they don't carry a lot of the gear that I would like to purchase, I'm planning on trying on different brands/gear at the show to get the right fit and ordering it through my local dealer because I get a small 15% discount on gear/parts for 1 year because of the purchase of the R3. Do you guys think that there will be a lot of choices in brand/gear at the show? Any big discounts for gear there as well compared to retail prices? Would big brands such as Shoei, Arai, Dainese, AStars, etc be there at the show? Or would GPBikes/other retailers have a large choice of gear there? Thanks, hope to hear back from you guys soon.

My gear list would be

Helmet: Shoei RF-1200 or Arai Corsair X
Jacket: Dainese Assen Leather
Pants: Dainese Charger Jeans
Boots: Dainese Torque Out D1
Gloves: Dainese 4 Stroke Long
Back Protector Insert: Dainese Manis D1

GP bikes is on the vendor list. From my understanding this is the show for dealers, and if this is correct this is the show for gear selection.

You're pretty specific with your gear. There are so many options.
Do you even know if your size in those particular items would feel good on you?
Once you try a bunch of different things on, you'll have a better idea what you want. There are good deals to be had at the show.

I agree with kruzuki, aside from the part about good deals.
There are some mediocre deals on old *** gear that is usually half price in the States, even with the weak dollar and the shipping. Buying gear in Canada is painful. I found some deals on Canadian online stores but there aren't many good ones. I end up buying a lot of stuff on Kijiji.

. Buying gear in Canada is painful. I found some deals on Canadian online stores but there aren't many good ones. I end up buying a lot of stuff on Kijiji.
This X 100

motorcycle-superstore.com
even with the USD, its cheaper(and a lot of times they ship for free)

Got a lot of stuff of them, for like a fraction of the price you would in canada

Any tips for reducing customs fees?

I ordered a seat from British customs and a jacket from aether, both on sale. I was jumping with joy until I got hit with a $100+ customs bill from FedEx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies guys! I'm also wondering about the custom fees as well. @caramelgg

Do not use FEd-Ex or UPS. If you do you will have to bend over.
From the States USPS, UK, British Post Office. Generally speaking using the local postal system is best.

Lots of gear to try on and see what you like. Buy or don't buy, but you can't try it on online.

Any tips for reducing customs fees?

I ordered a seat from British customs and a jacket from aether, both on sale. I was jumping with joy until I got hit with a $100+ customs bill from FedEx.

NEVER used FEDex, UPS, Purolator type services.

CanadaPost and similar only charge you what you HAVE to pay, like taxes.

Currier services pay the taxes on your behalf at customs, then charge you a "brokerage" fee for that service, which you probably didn't ask for in the first place. That $100+ customs bill probably wasn't a customs bill.

I buy lots of stuff from other countries online. Always expect to pay HST on top of your purchase. A lot of times you get lucky and don't have to pay it, if the seller has undermarked the item or it's a lower amount in certain tariff categories. Always avoid using Fedex and similar companies. You'll get your wallet pillages 10/10 times.

The show cost vendors a lot of money to set up and rent the space. Get people and stuff there. And they are not at their normal place to of business.

There will be some deals but overall, they are not going to drop their pants to move a lot of product.

It's a showcase. A place where you can go and see a lot in one place. And there are some booths that have some gtam members to visit and have a chin wag and plan some things when riding season spools up again this year.

Thanks! I will be there on Saturday! Hopefully I will find the right gear for me!
What time are you planning on going?

Sent from the Purple Zone

I'm going today. Me and the missus. Not sure on eta? Want to take advantage of the coupon but likely go earlier and I can't be bothered to print the damn thing.

So likely be there between 3-4pm.

Back
Top Bottom