CSBK 2017 schedule | GTAMotorcycle.com

CSBK 2017 schedule

Only double header is Mosport. That saves a bunch of money but it's a far drive to Shubie for one race.

I'm happy about Shubie, as I always get arm pump there... but then again if I race this year, I won't be making my way there.

Last edited:
I thought Grand Bend wasn't set up to accommodate the CSBK? safety issues or something. I'm glad they are on the roster as I am within an hour of the track and will be doing track days there this year. Excited to see some Canadian talent this close to home at the CSBK level.

I thought Grand Bend wasn't set up to accommodate the CSBK? safety issues or something. I'm glad they are on the roster as I am within an hour of the track and will be doing track days there this year. Excited to see some Canadian talent this close to home at the CSBK level.
Grand Bend is probably one of the safest tracks in Canada. The issue with Grand Bend evolve around it being so new. There is yet to be a defined pit lane and spectating areas. The spectator viewpoint is easily fixed with mobile grandstands. The pit lane will be the hardest issue to work with. That being said,,Grand Bend runs some pretty big drag racing events.They have experience with crowds and the town is very hospitable. So all in all if the event can be logistically worked out it will be great for the sport.

One of the things that pleasantly surprised me about Grand Bend when I started racing there was how close the track is from a Supermarket, Tim Hortons, restaurants, decent Hotels, the beach, banks, gas stations.

For families that come support the racers, this is a big deal specially if they have kids, they can do other things and take a break from being at the track.

Also a big deal for spectators, they can make it a family weekend, go to the beach and watch National Level racing.

I'll be honest, configuration wise it is probably my second least favorite after TMP (IMO) but there is tons of grip as I have raced there while it started to snow, surface is smooth enough if you don't hit the apexes too close and keep the good race line and the owners bend over backwards to accommodate.

So as much as I think Shannonville and many others are better tracks, looking at the entire picture, It is a good choice for a national if they add more seating for the public.

Imagine some stands along the back straight, we pitted there for endurance during one round so I am sure they can make it happen, proper stands on the side of the track between big daddy (?) and the back straight, it would be a phenomenal spot to watch some good racing

looking forward to CSBK at GBR!

It's too bad that in our small market for Roadracing that we have two events scheduled on the same weekend. Good luck to everyone at SOAR round one.

Aaron will be racing at Shannonville this weekend and I'll be crew chief. See you at Grand Bend in 2 weeks. I hope they have the pit lane situation sorted out.

It's too bad that in our small market for Roadracing that we have two events scheduled on the same weekend. Good luck to everyone at SOAR round one.

Aaron will be racing at Shannonville this weekend and I'll be crew chief. See you at Grand Bend in 2 weeks. I hope they have the pit lane situation sorted out.

From the looks of it SOAR and CSBK both have big grids this weekend. That's a good sign, and maybe it's confirmation that regional will survive without National and vice versa.

lol, na, if I watch the way the pros blow by me at the track, it would be a while before I'm competitive. Hope to come out and spectate though.

Back
Top Bottom