Need new tires | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need new tires

Ghostrider619

Hey guys I have to change both tires for my motorcycle & also my friends bike for next season. I was wondering if you guys know any place that offers good deals/discounts for ordering tires from them & installing with them.

I found a place that charges $60-$70 + Tax to install each tire , does that sound about right ? Thanks !

I'd imagine if you bought the tire from them then maybe you have some movement on install price.

Gonna give it to them with wheels off the bike or on?

pm frekeguy

Look for tires at the motorcycle show this weekend possibly and then hit up freekeguy as mentioned.

I've never used him personally, but his reviews on here are stellar.

Not sure where you live, but I found that Speedworx has great prices on tires and they might be local to you (Markham area).
They can also do the install for you and they do have packages available when you buy tires off them and need installation.
http://www.speedworxsuperbike.com/tirepackages

I used to buy my tires online, but Speedworx's prices for Pilot Road 4's were the same price as online + shipping.
And they will probably be at the bike show under Speedworx or Racer5?

Problem with Speedworx is they don't have alot of inventory & most of the stuff they special order cost more. Run of the mill tire is fine but if you're like me & like a particular tire over another, you pay the price

Plus i dont think their rates are great if they charge 160$ for a simple oil change...

Hey guys I have to change both tires for my motorcycle & also my friends bike for next season. I was wondering if you guys know any place that offers good deals/discounts for ordering tires from them & installing with them.
I found a place that charges $60-$70 + Tax to install each tire , does that sound about right ? Thanks !

That sounds pretty standard if you're bringing tires to a bike shop for installation. They make money off tires you buy from them and can afford to install for less. don't buy the tires from them, they charge you full pop installation price.

Some Canadian Tire locations install motorcycle tires for about $50-60 a pair, if you bring the wheels in off the bike.

pretty sure frekeguy does it not only better, but probably at a better rate too(not to mention hes a great guy)

Or spend the same amount on a bead breaker, a set of spoons and a case of wheel weights and have everything you need to change tires for the rest of your days, plus you don't have to drive everywhere. Pete's is usually at the show and will be your best price in town. If you need to get a shop to do it speedworks is likely competitive once you factor in the installation cost (I haven't used them but Fawaz is a good character)

. Pete's is usually at the show and will be your best price in town.

Isnt he in quebec? I guess the show really is a big deal

Show had some ok tire deals.
Most places were selling sets of dunlop q3's for $250

Problem with Speedworx is they don't have alot of inventory & most of the stuff they special order cost more. Run of the mill tire is fine but if you're like me & like a particular tire over another, you pay the price

There might be some confusion on this.
We do carry most standard tire sizes in stock as we sell about $150k worth of tires a month from March-July and being short on tires would be a big problem for us, ;) .
Our tire racks are filled every Monday for all our scheduled tire jobs for the week and restocked for extra orders daily.

We are normally the best priced in Ontario on the tire brands we feel offer the best products (Dunlop, Michelin, Bridgestone) regardless of application size. We do normally have to order in tires from those brands if there is an odd size (cruisers, goldwings, etc.) but they are normally in stock next day by noon if you call us by 3:00pm. There is no extra charge for special order tires and we have the exact same discount rates on any size tire from those brands.

The only tire brands that we are usually about the same or slightly better as any other Ontario retailer are Pirelli and Metzler.
The reason for this is we personally feel that their products aren't as good of a value/product as the other brands at this time so we try and educate our customers on why that is (single compound vs. dual or tri compound, pricing, etc).
This is why we don't have the same buying power and discounts with them as we have with Michelin, Bridgestone, and Dunlop.

Last edited:
Plus i dont think their rates are great if they charge 160$ for a simple oil change...

Our rates are actually cheaper than any other shop in the GTA that has anywhere close to our reputation, ability, or equipment.
The $160 that your quoted is for our Oil Service and it is not "a simple change" it includes:

- 35 point check that is more through than most OEM major service checks
- Chain cleaning/lube and adjustment
- Full Syntetic Motul 7100 oil (no limit on liters)
- K&N oil filter
- Waterless wash and wax
- All service completed by actual Speedworx licensed race technicians.

This price does not get inflated for higher end brands that normally get charged extra (Ducati, MV Agusta, etc).
We don't have a lesser service as we this is the exact same service that we do on our racebikes which have earned a stellar reputation for reliability. We would never do any less for a customers bike.

It is possible to get a cheaper "oil change" that will likely come from a drum of "technical service oil/shop oil" an off brand filter and not much else, but that's not a service we are interested in offering or one that our customers would be interested in.

We cater to like minded enthusiasts that want the best at a great value vs. the cheapest by skimping on quality, this has sort of become our ethos and its one that we are proud to have. ;)

Our rates are actually cheaper than any other shop in the GTA that has anywhere close to our reputation, ability, or equipment.
The $160 that your quoted is for our Oil Service and it is not "a simple change" it includes:

- 35 point check that is more through than most OEM major service checks
- Chain cleaning/lube and adjustment
- Full Syntetic Motul 7100 oil (no limit on liters)
- K&N oil filter
- Waterless wash and wax
- All service completed by actual Speedworx licensed race technicians.

This price does not get inflated for higher end brands that normally get charged extra (Ducati, MV Agusta, etc).
We don't have a lesser service as we this is the exact same service that we do on our racebikes which have earned a stellar reputation for reliability. We would never do any less for a customers bike.

It is possible to get a cheaper "oil change" that will likely come from a drum of "technical service oil/shop oil" an off brand filter and not much else, but that's not a service we are interested in offering or one that our customers would be interested in.

We cater to like minded enthusiasts that want the best at a great value vs. the cheapest by skimping on quality, this has sort of become our ethos and its one that we are proud to have. ;)

as an interesting note to everyone on oil filters - moto america racing in the states now has a rule that all bikes must use an "original equipment manufacturer" (OEM) oil filter - as some other off brand oil filters often have a problem with sealing properly and leaking. have also heard of problems with filters insides malfunctioning. so for anyone changing oil on their bikes (and cars) choose your oil filter wisely. DISCLAIMER: this info comes from the WERA forum.

Last edited:
There might be some confusion on this.
We do carry most standard tire sizes in stock as we sell about $150k worth of tires a month from March-July and being short on tires would be a big problem for us, ;) .
Our tire racks are filled every Monday for all our scheduled tire jobs for the week and restocked for extra orders daily.

We are normally the best priced in Ontario and the tire brands we feel offer the best products (Dunlop, Michelin, Bridgestone) regardless of application size. We do normally have to order in tires from those brands if there is an odd size (cruisers, goldwings, etc.) but they are normally in stock next day by noon if you call us by 3:00pm. There is no extra charge for special order tires and we have the exact same discount rates on any size tire from those brands.

The only tire brands that we are usually about the same or slightly better as any other Ontario retailer are Pirelli and Metzler.
The reason for this is we personally feel that their products aren't as good of a value/product as the other brands at this time so we try and educate our customers on why that is (single compound vs. dual or tri compound, pricing, etc).
This is why we don't have the same buying power and discounts with them as we have with Michelin, Pirelli, and Dunlop.
Would be nice if you can match Petes or close to Petes. I ordered from pete because he had variety

Would be nice if you can match Petes or close to Petes. I ordered from pete because he had variety

We can get any tire available in Canada within a day, we're sorry if when you called you had thought there was an issue with variety.

We are normally within a few dollars less or more than any online retailer once you factor in shipping on Michelin, Dunlop and Bridgestone.
We do this while also paying the OTSF for you instead of passing it off for you to pay, by law you should be paying OTSF if you are the end user of tires in Ontario regardless of what province you purchased from.

Like we have said, as we educate our customers on the differences of tires we don't have the same demand on Pirelli and Metzler and thus don't really have the ability to discount them the same as on online retailer, but are able to match or beat most bricks and mortar businesses even on those brands.

But Petes is a great resource if you want to have tires shipped to you and take to a shop to have installed or install yourself, we are glad they were able to fit your needs!
All the best! :)

Last edited:
I ordered new tires last year from Fortnine. Great price and service, fast shipping, no issues.
Felt like such a dick when I went to Mission Cycle to get them mounted, as I'm friends with everyone there and they always give me great tire pricing. I deal strictly with local stores whenever possible now.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom