Motorcycle Super Show Jan 2017 - Whose going? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle Super Show Jan 2017 - Whose going?

Just be aware the $3 off coupon is only valid for Friday and I think after 5pm Sat.

And you have the print the damn thing.

Thank you everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So Chrissy you're coming in from Ottawa to have him leave his mark on you? Such a devoted fan

Last edited:
Off-topic Questions:

Since I am generally going with riders with SS Bikes, should I be looking at getting a racing helmet or touring? Is there a big difference? I was thinking of getting a helmet that has additional sun visors so I don't have to carry two visors on longer rides (they don't happen often). However, I was told it's not really necessary because it's more of a gimmick and to opt for a tinted visor. Your thoughts and suggestions?

Off-topic Questions:

Since I am generally going with riders with SS Bikes, should I be looking at getting a racing helmet or touring? Is there a big difference? I was thinking of getting a helmet that has additional sun visors so I don't have to carry two visors on longer rides (they don't happen often). However, I was told it's not really necessary because it's more of a gimmick and to opt for a tinted visor. Your thoughts and suggestions?

Shoei RF1200 with a transition visor would be my go to.

Shoei RF1200 with a transition visor would be my go to.

Second this... Bought an RF1200 last year. Great lid, and you can't beat never having to worry about having the right tint on; though an extra $200 iirc

Off-topic Questions:

Get the best helmet you can for your budget and wear sunglasses. That said the ones with built in sun visor is convenient, but the cheaper helmets with them are just that ...cheap.

Second this... Bought an RF1200 last year. Great lid, and you can't beat never having to worry about having the right tint on; though an extra $200 iirc

Do you know how dark it gets? I have weak eyes so I prefer the shield to be quite dark.

Get the best helmet you can for your budget and wear sunglasses. That said the ones with built in sun visor is convenient, but the cheaper helmets with them are just that ...cheap.

I can't tell what is considered cheap anymore. The Scorpion EXO-r2000 is $549 +tax @ GP Bikes... in the states it's $199 (on sale). Shoei RF1200 is on sale for $549 @ GP Bikes as well...

@Napster90 if those are in your budget, I would say that you can't go wrong with either one. See which fits better.

Sent from the Purple Zone

Can't go wrong with a Shoei. Even a lower end like QWest is good. Plain colours will be a bit cheaper. I try to stick to Snell or ECE approved, but on the lower budget it will only be DOT.
Make sure it fits properly...as tight as you can handle without pain or pressure points. It will loosen up a bit.

Get one with a manufacture date not over 5 years old. They might have old stock sitting around. Less age is better.

Last edited:
@Napster90 if those are in your budget, I would say that you can't go wrong with either one. See which fits better.

Sent from the Purple Zone

If given the choice I would prefer it free with a side of toast. But everyone's saying I will only get what I pay for and the science of regeneration in biology haven't advanced to the point of being able to reconstruct my brain once it turns to the consistency of pasta sauce. Sorry for the imagery...

Does anyone know how the duty fee is calculated if I am buying from the States?

So on the CBSA site the tariff guide, under tariff item 6506.10.90 it says 8.5%. So HST + 8.5% duty fee + shipping company brokerage fee (Canada Post charges $9.95 subsection 2.2.1)... Am I calculating this correctly?

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/trade-commerce/tariff-tarif/2016/html/00/ch65-eng.html
https://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/manual/PGcustoms-e.asp#1393887

Last edited:
If given the choice I would prefer it free with a side of toast. But everyone's saying I will only get what I pay for and the science of regeneration in biology haven't advanced to the point of being able to reconstruct my brain once it turns to the consistency of pasta sauce. Sorry for the imagery...

So on the CBSA site the tariff guide, under tariff item 6506.10.90 it says 8.5%. So HST + 8.5% duty fee + shipping company brokerage fee (Canada Post charges $9.95 subsection 2.2.1)... Am I calculating this correctly?

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/trade-commerce/tariff-tarif/2016/html/00/ch65-eng.html

I've never had to pay duty. Only, HST. Half the time, just get waived through. The "extra" costs is typically road and bridge tolls along with the exchange rate. And Fuel and time....

My Shoei GT-AIR has a built in retracting tinted visor...
'Never use it. I prefer to see the world as it is, especially when moving at speed on only two wheels.

Duty and taxes are two different things... Duty is based upon the products country of origin.
I know for example that a certain item I bought in the US, but was manufactured in Italy was subject to a 3% duty in addition to whatever GST the crown applied....

Back
Top Bottom