I'm baaaaack..... Where my Ducati lovers at? | GTAMotorcycle.com

I'm baaaaack..... Where my Ducati lovers at?

Blackie

Site Supporter
I've missed having 2 wheels :( Thinking of picking up a street bike for this season, will have some more time on my hands since I closed down the biz. Gonna have to redo my license since I never did the exit exam and just let it expire years ago. Thinking of picking up a Duc this time around, just always loved their sound, though I don't really know them that well. Was hoping the Duc lovers could chime in.

I was looking at some thing used in the 10-15k range, was thinking of a Panigale 899 or 959, then saw the new SuperSports and those sound like a cool concept. Not making any track plans at the moment but duuuh I'm gonna have to take the bike to the track. I do want some thing sporty, short people friendly, good handling, the lighter and smaller the better but I will pick my battles.

PS... hope to see some old faces at the show this weekend! :D Going on Friday to try my *** on a few bikes to see if any thing catches my fancy.

Last edited:
and what the... why is my post count only 49!

Check with your insurance before assuming a 959 or similar is in your near-future. Without continuous insurance and starting from scratch on your licensing means any kind of sport bike is going to be hell to insure...

Thanks good point!

and what the... why is my post count only 49!
There was a purge or something a few years back.

Welcome back to the forum!

Sent from the Purple Zone

Oh dear, they let anyone back in here...missed ya doll. Get whatever you want, yer gonna ride the wheels off regardless.

Welcome back.

Welcome back! I love my Ducati Scrambler ?, but I guess it's not sporty enough for you, otherwise it ticks all the other boxes. ?

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I guess your choice depends on what you want to get out of the bike. The Panigale is a more dedicated sport bike and behaves as such. You'll be more compressed on the bike and more leaned over. The Supersport leans towards the sport touring range and will be down on power compared the the Pani. That being said, ~115 hp is more than enough to have fun and get yourself into trouble. The new SS is not on there yet but you can check out the Pani and other bikes at http://cycle-ergo.com/. Don't rule out the 1200/821 monsters or even older 1100s. The monster 1200 can have from 135-165hp depending on which model you get and can be a blast at the track. I had an old 2001 750ss and used to joke that is had all the discomfort of a super bike with 1/3 the power lol. That bike only made 64 hp but I kept it for 5 years because it was a fun bike to ride and I never felt like I needed more for street riding. Insurance was relatively high for that bike. I'm now on a 2012 Monster 1100evo and pay about half what I was paying on the SS.

Welcome back! I love my Ducati Scrambler ?, but I guess it's not sporty enough for you, otherwise it ticks all the other boxes. ?

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

That makes 2 of us

Sent from my Android via Tapatalk

I picked up a Monster 821. First Duc and love it. handling and performance is great and sound is amazing!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom