2017 moto touring plans | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2017 moto touring plans

dreaming of a few rides for 2017.... Check out "Motorcycle Journeys Through North America" by Dale Coyner

16177680_1227516957338090_4628365451196272966_o.jpg

Sweet! Thanks Shane...
I just hope that we have good temperature to ride in around the Good Friday long weekend!

If you're taking US219 from Buffalo, remember to go WEST on I-90 (NY Thruway) towards Erie.
I wasted an hour going east and had to pay a toll.

I've been long looking at crossing off Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Finland, and perhaps a tiny bit of Russia (around the Gulf of Finland, hang out a bit in St. Petersburg, continue on to Finland).

Though I'm not a "fair weather rider", my previous hopes to head up there have been thwarted by weather reports of 2+ solid weeks of miserable weather (while other parts of Europe were to see unleashed sunshine and unicorns). Hopefully this summer, the weather will be nice and I'll finally get to check them out.

Re: 2017 moto touring plans - The Florida Keys

Never thought of that, was only thinking temperature. I have not ridden in high altitude before.
That was the first week in OctobPer last year and I wasn't surprised that much - I had been blown around much of the day on the ride there. It was closed to all traffic - not just motorcycles but that does happen sometimes. I would also recommend Mt. Evans which is awesome - Trail Ridge Road, Peak-to-Peak highway from Golden (the home of Coors|) to Estes, Independence Pass for a few other rides in Colorado - I've gotten them a little out of order - going east to west, from Golden ride the Peak-to-Peak to Estes - Estes is where you begin Trail Ridge Road.

Re: 2017 moto touring plans - The Florida Keys

That was the first week in OctobPer last year and I wasn't surprised that much - I had been blown around much of the day on the ride there. It was closed to all traffic - not just motorcycles but that does happen sometimes. I would also recommend Mt. Evans which is awesome - Trail Ridge Road, Peak-to-Peak highway from Golden (the home of Coors|) to Estes, Independence Pass for a few other rides in Colorado - I've gotten them a little out of order - going east to west, from Golden ride the Peak-to-Peak to Estes - Estes is where you begin Trail Ridge Road.

Will check those routes out. I am planning to do Pikes Peak on my way back and will see if those routes interest me more then Pikes or if I can add them. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom