2017 moto touring plans | GTAMotorcycle.com

2017 moto touring plans

statsman

Now that New Years is over, which motorcycle tour on your bucket list will you be crossing off this year.
I want to do the Cabot Trail and the Gaspe loop.

Three of us are doing Nova Scotia/cabot trail sometime in July or august ,the rest of my trips will be on impulse.Just going where ever when ever....

Heading to the Okanagan Valley in June...
Probably hit Vancouver since I'll be so close anyway.

The states, finally getting a passport. The last time I road in the states we didn't need passports lol.

I'll be heading out to one of the coasts. If my buddy buys a bike were going West (4262km), if not then I'll be visiting my sister to the East (1407km).

Hopefully headed out east to do the Cabot Trail in July/August also. Still debating on how far east to go and what route to take since this will be my first tour out of Ontario....if anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear.

Depends on how much time I can get off this summer. Will be sitting down with some friends the next week or so to discuss our group trip this year. Last year was a long weekend to Mt. Washington. Trying to see if they can swing a week off on a long weekend so only 4 days off work and head down to do the Blueridge and the Dragon. Could care less about the Dragon myself, but everywhere around is beautiful riding so why not make a trip out of it!

For me personally if there is time I can swing 2 weeks I will be heading West to Colorado ride up Pikes Peak and head to the Northern rim of the Grand Canyon and do some riding around there before heading back. Been on my bucket list for a while, have it all mapped out just need the time to do it!

For those heading East to the Cabot, it is a great ride, especially if you take the route south of the border. Lots of nice country highways through New York, Vermont and New Hampshire. Main I found boring but was just on a long straight highway to get into New Brunswick.

Going back to the Catskills in NY state, amazing roads with very little traffic, and only 1 full day of riding away...if you have never been i suggest checking it out!

Going back to the Catskills in NY state, amazing roads with very little traffic, and only 1 full day of riding away...if you have never been i suggest checking it out!

Very nice riding in there, was through the Catskills a couple of years back. I cannot remember where it was, but there was a place to go tubing down the river. Really broke the day up nice with a refreshing float down the river and was pretty cheap as well considering they drove you to the start point and picked you up at the end point. Think it was around $10, money well spent in my opinion. Catskills and Adirondacks make for a good weekend loop.

Let's go!
:)

I think I will try to do the Cabot trail too if I can get the time off work.

Last summer I did thunder bay and timmins but didn't leave ontario.

Re: 2017 moto touring plans - The Florida Keys

Did the blue ridge parkway last year on a 10 day road trip. Was Awesome!! the route I took down to Ten was really great through New York, Pennsylvania, Virgina, North Carolina, Tennessee so would like to take that route then look for a route from Ten to Fl Keys. Going end of May early June. Anyone have any nice routes from Ten to Fl Keys? I don't do slab. LOL

Very nice riding in there, was through the Catskills a couple of years back. I cannot remember where it was, but there was a place to go tubing down the river. Really broke the day up nice with a refreshing float down the river and was pretty cheap as well considering they drove you to the start point and picked you up at the end point. Think it was around $10, money well spent in my opinion. Catskills and Adirondacks make for a good weekend loop.
Do you have a route you can post?

Hoping to do TN and NC in the spring
I was here New Years Day :)

Did the blue ridge parkway last year on a 10 day road trip. Was Awesome!! the route I took down to Ten was really great through New York, Pennsylvania, Virgina, North Carolina, Tennessee so would like to take that route then look for a route from Ten to Fl Keys. Going end of May early June. Anyone have any nice routes from Ten to Fl Keys? I don't do slab. LOL
The keys is not a nice place to be in summer. Also, the only nice route through Florida is in a truck pulling a trailer.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Seriously thinking of putting a small RV trailer into a seasonal park, Lake Huron, Bruce Peninsula etc. That offers dozens of routes c/w comfy overnight stay. Keep a bicycle and kayak for bonus points. To quote MotorcycleMike "You can only ride to Creemore so many times"

Seriously thinking of putting a small RV trailer into a seasonal park, Lake Huron, Bruce Peninsula etc. That offers dozens of routes c/w comfy overnight stay. Keep a bicycle and kayak for bonus points. To quote MotorcycleMike "You can only ride to Creemore so many times"
Suddenly I feel I belong to this forum, now that the famous inreb himself is quoting me. ?

I need to actually use my camping hammock this year and do some very light weight motocamping with the drz... Hopefully up in the capreol to Timmins area. It's too bad beer gets shaken up way too much on the Z.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

ya i like Genos as they have bike parking
i also like the bar across the street that lets you bring your own cheesesteak

Back
Top Bottom