Motorcycle lift / hoist recommendation | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle lift / hoist recommendation

it will depend on your bike, and if it has a flat area, not obstructed by the exhaust, if it can rest on the oil pan, or the frame rails, well your good to go...otherwise,,,,nope....

i have one similar to this, only from Canadian Tire, and it works the same, but you still need a flat area and or frame rails

8319956.jpg

something like this

P1120729.jpg

good for rolling engines around as well

P1120571.jpg

I do the same, only thing I use it for is installing/removing engines.

Why wouldnt a table work? All iwoukd need s one with a wheel chock? I dont see whybit wouldnt work?

Sent from phone, excuse typos.

you said you don't see how a scissor lift would work so I said it won't. Then you posted a link to another scissor lift

Just a word of caution.
If you are going to get a lift (regardless of type) and use it in a garage and you have a windscreen on your bike...
Make sure the screen clears the cross beams in the roof the first time you lift it.
When you find the special spot, mark the place on the floor with paint.

Everyone I have spoken to on the subject says the same thing.
If you're going to do some heavy wrench torqueing never trust the chock.
Always strap it down.

Just a word of caution.
If you are going to get a lift (regardless of type) and use it in a garage and you have a windscreen on your bike...
Make sure the screen clears the cross beams in the roof the first time you lift it.
When you find the special spot, mark the place on the floor with paint.

Everyone I have spoken to on the subject says the same thing.
If you're going to do some heavy wrench torqueing never trust the chock.
Always strap it down.

Those are some short garages! I think 7' would be the maximum height my windscreen gets to, maybe 8. I guess in some older garages this could be an issue and that would definitely suck to crunch your windscreen/fairing on a rafter.

Some older garages this could be an issue and that would definitely suck to crunch your windscreen/fairing on a rafter.

I just can't imagine being so oblivious as to not be paying attention to the entire bike as it goes up and see this issue before impact occurs.

I just can't imagine being so oblivious as to not be paying attention to the entire bike as it goes up and see this issue before impact occurs.

Watching the bike to make sure it stable and not looking up? Things happen.

I know it's happened with cars, I'm just not sure how one wouldn't notice it for a motorcycle – then again perhaps it's the commercial driver in me that always pays a lot of attention to clearances. ;)

Have a look at those steel beams for clearance heights before you take out the roof at the drive through windows. Those beams are always beat to crap. Not everybody thinks to look up.

Go to the hardware store, grab some pulleys, duct tape thrm to your ceiling, get some bail twine, boom! Pull the bike up in the air and your rockin. You wont even have to move to the other side of the bike just spin that ***** around.

Go to the hardware store, grab some pulleys, duct tape thrm to your ceiling, get some bail twine, boom! Pull the bike up in the air and your rockin. You wont even have to move to the other side of the bike just spin that ***** around.

uhm what color duct tape?

That is either the same PA one most people have or one very similar to that. Should be fine and the foot pedal is really easy to use. The front wheel chock is not good, so get a different on if you really need to use a front chock. The other models that they used to sell (and maybe still do) also have eyes/hooks along the sides for you to be able to connect some ratchet straps to further stabilize the bike, they also have an air hose hook up to lift the bench using a compressor and they is rated for 1000lbs instead of 800. What kind of bike is going on it?

Back
Top Bottom