Careless Driving/ No insurance ticket- HELP! | Page 10 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Careless Driving/ No insurance ticket- HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to pay around 4500 total. can't get insured...

anyone know if Ontario drivers abstract carries over to Quebec if you're moving there?

You are probably good to go if you move to a 3rd world country, Quebec isn't 3rd world enough.

anyone know if Ontario drivers abstract carries over to Quebec if you're moving there?

it'll be Canada wide
in 3 years it'll be off your abstract

dump the bike and ride the bus for 3 years
if there was no claim it should not affect insurance after that
but you will be a new driver

or move to another country

The cost of moving and finding work (unless you already have that covered) will likely far outweigh the cost and stress of giving an insurance company a call that can insure you under Facility Association (http://www.facilityassociation.com/).

Would probably be easier taking public transit for the next few years vs moving.

PS. Thanks for providing updating us. It's nice to get some closure on these threads every now and then...

it'll be Canada wide
in 3 years it'll be off your abstract

dump the bike and ride the bus for 3 years
if there was no claim it should not affect insurance after that
but you will be a new driver

or move to another country

Depends what he's convicted of. Major convictions can take 5-6 years (depending on the company) to come off.

kEiA3U3qasvDtKvGNjlNqw31omEqcFRR-mkveBpw2jGIizPKjX-5wsWINL3Vh_KywDVd21o5htoefVdURAZSGMHVeV3D0NB7ulmGuHhFFAo0OepvKgqfF7gVCdqDansLLFiT5uTy

Pretty sure public transit is your 5-10yr plan where you will go back M1 status insurance rates.

He CAN be insured immediately, just would need to be in the Facility market where his rates would be approx 200 - 250% of what a "normal" rate would be. Of course that should be no issue after all look at the money he saved by riding without insurance previously.

It is illegal for the insurance industry not to offer "some" form of insurance to a person who wants it, which is why the facility market exists, the barrier is usually the cost, but that is the persons issue, the industry has fulfilled it's legal obligation to offer insurance...lol

Yes thanks OP for the closure. It could have been worst for you especially in terms of amount of fines, had the JP wanted to be a hard a ss.

I'm moving to Quebec, will I have a clean abstract or does it carry over?

He CAN be insured immediately, just would need to be in the Facility market where his rates would be approx 200 - 250% of what a "normal" rate would be. Of course that should be no issue after all look at the money he saved by riding without insurance previously.

It is illegal for the insurance industry not to offer "some" form of insurance to a person who wants it, which is why the facility market exists, the barrier is usually the cost, but that is the persons issue, the industry has fulfilled it's legal obligation to offer insurance...lol

Yes thanks OP for the closure. It could have been worst for you especially in terms of amount of fines, had the JP wanted to be a hard a ss.

I'm moving to Quebec, will I have a clean abstract or does it carry over?

Several people answered that already.

No, you will not. Ontario and Quebec actually have a reciprocal agreement so far as sharing traffic infractions, so it'll show there too...and Quebec's motorcycle registration and insurance system is a whole other ball of hurt anyways - the plate sticker alone will cost you $1300 before insurance.

And if by "moving" you mean plating the bike in some other province, getting insurance there, and then just continuing to ride it here...you should Google "material misrepresentation" - in short if/when the insurance company finds out what you're doing (and they will, especially if you ever actually need it) they will cancel your policy and drop you like a hot potato instantly.

New insurer will also ask you to disclose any tickets anyways, not just once you received in your "new" province, so the again, just forgetting to mention it to them is another grounds for a material misrepresentation cancellation.

From the OP's first post:

"I know that these are some serious tickets and I have learned my lesson. What are the chances of getting them dropped? Also, any recommendations on good lawyers?"

I needed a chuckle after clearing the slushy from the driveway.

OP Obviously, you have learned NOTHING, from this experience. If you are truly "moving" as in physically residing in Quebec, yes your violations WILL show, on your abstract there.

Now if as suggested your simply going to plate and insure the vehicle there, then as stated your insurance will be VOIDED for fraud. If it were that easy, do you not think those living close to the border would all be rushing to plate and insure their bikes in the USA? Good luck in getting insurance then for the next half decade or more. You think your screwed now, tack on top of the crap your already in with insurance fraud and you WILL be paying likely 500% over what another rider would be paying.

The ONLY lesson you can learn from this is you have to pay to play. You didn't and got caught. so now your ONLY two viable options are pay ENORMOUS premiums for the 1000rr. OR sell the bike, and consider riding again in 7 - 8 years or buy a cheap 250 and still pay VERY high premiums. As I started this paragraph with... IF you want to play you HAVE to PAY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom