Careless Driving/ No insurance ticket- HELP! | Page 9 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Careless Driving/ No insurance ticket- HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say the conclusion is pretty certain :p

Unless his lawyer somehow pulled a rabbit out of his hat and got another adjournment.

Or maybe he’s in jail.

Reality is probably somewhere in between, and involves a bus pass.

Any update OP?

Just wondering if the outcome was comfy shoes and a metro pass?

He last logged in Jan 13. He didn't like the way this discussion was going.

I just read 8 pages, and when I get to the end there is no conclusion... So disappointing.

He still hasn't logged on. Anyone seen an S1000RR on Kijiji lately? His riding days may be over.

Might not have internet in his new living quarters. lol

What are you asking for the 1000rr?

What's the over/under that he keeps it and figures there's no chance he gets caught again.

Brother in law had a conviction, he slipped on streetcar tracks, and sideswiped a parked car.
He passed the breathalyzer, so they charged him with careless.

Anyways, he managed to buy a new car, and went through the renewal without the insurance co. checking.

That was a decade or two or three ago, though.

Anytime there is a single vehicle accident,there is a careless charge.Lost count of the number of times i have helped downed riders gtfo on sr15.Hang around and you risk the chance of a "good samaritan" in a cage dialing 911 for you.Busted if they get your plate number.I know someone who went down on a 401 offramp,spent hours in the weeds until someone spotted him and dialed 911.He was taken to the hospital with a broken back and served a careless charge a few days later.His girlfriend worked in the emerg at the hospital he was taken to.NOT happy.

Anytime there is a single vehicle accident,there is a careless charge.Lost count of the number of times i have helped downed riders gtfo on sr15.Hang around and you risk the chance of a "good samaritan" in a cage dialing 911 for you.Busted if they get your plate number.I know someone who went down on a 401 offramp,spent hours in the weeds until someone spotted him and dialed 911.He was taken to the hospital with a broken back and served a careless charge a few days later.His girlfriend worked in the emerg at the hospital he was taken to.NOT happy.

"Operation without due care and attention" is the default charge whenever there's a single vehicle crash and no witnesses. This, despite the fact that any competent representation is far more likely than not to have the charge quashed.*

* As long as you didn't open your big mouth at the scene.

"Operation without due care and attention" is the default charge whenever there's a single vehicle crash and no witnesses. This, despite the fact that any competent representation is far more likely than not to have the charge quashed.*

Watch a few youtube crashes and it becomes obvious that a lot of those charges are due to collision avoidance. Sucks.

I was once told by a traffic cop that careless is the easiest charge to lay, but the hardest charge to prove.

Single vehicle accident being an automatic careless charge must be a motorcycle thing because I had a single vehicle accident in a car 8 years ago and was not charged with anything. (Went over two snow banks that had turned to ice due to freezing rain a few hours earlier).

Might've just gotten lucky because the cop looked like he just started his shift and was still gathering himself when he got out of his car at 5AM in the morning.

Single vehicle accident being an automatic careless charge must be a motorcycle thing because I had a single vehicle accident in a car 8 years ago and was not charged with anything. (Went over two snow banks that had turned to ice due to freezing rain a few hours earlier).

Might've just gotten lucky because the cop looked like he just started his shift and was still gathering himself when he got out of his car at 5AM in the morning.

No, it applies to all vehicles. BUT, officers have discretion as to weather to lay a charge or not.

No, it applies to all vehicles. BUT, officers have discretion as to weather to lay a charge or not.

I see what you did there.

@s1000rrr
ok, so what's the conclusion? how bad were the fines? how are your insurance rates now? can you still ride? a few details please, cant let this go down like this, WE NEED TO KNOW !

@s1000rrr
ok, so what's the conclusion? how bad were the fines? how are your insurance rates now? can you still ride? a few details please, cant let this go down like this, WE NEED TO KNOW !

Have to pay around 4500 total. can't get insured...

anyone know if Ontario drivers abstract carries over to Quebec if you're moving there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom