Importing Vitamins / Supplements | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Importing Vitamins / Supplements

I get the feeling that fastar1 doesn't like MLadin very much. ☺

It would be nice if we could sign some sort of waiver or something saying that we are using the supplements for personal use, so to keep getting those discounts. But I would guess that given your profession, that they may be suspicious.
Maybe go with a few people to take advantage of the bulk prices?
And could you provide some links about DHEA?
And fastar1, you don't really believe that restrictions are put in place solely for our protection, do you? Big pharma has a lot of money, best to keep them happy. Sure we need stuff to be tested etc. But I'm sure they drag their @$$es when it comes to approval.

Sent from the Purple Zone

I don't know MLadin. We've never met as far as I know. My criticism is of his statements and underlying ideas. He could be a great guy who just happens to be somewhat delusional, the two aren't mutually exclusive. Ignore all his other threads, and note that in this thread he believes he's better qualified to judge the risks of various substances yet he thinks that if he imports drugs from the US he could face the wrath of US customs officials. Or that government "doesn't want us to be healthy". What does this tell you about his connection to reality, on a scale of 1-10?

As for Health Canada, they may restrict imports for many reasons, not the least of which is that they deem some products to be harmful, or at the very least deem their safety to be unknown (maybe they never got around to testing them). There's no reason to think they are or aren't being influenced by big pharma either, I agree. But I don't jump to the conclusion of malice as my first explanation for everything I disagree with or don't understand. That's just intellectual laziness, which leads to self-deception more often than not. See my signature. If there's a conspiracy to rip us off, I'd like to at least see some reasonable indication of it that overwhelms any reasonable alternative explanation, then I'll consider it.

@fastar1 first of all, that was a very well articulated response. I fear that I may be a little too low brow in my reply, but I will try anyway.
I agree with pretty much everything that you have said, so I think that we are pretty much on the same page. The only thing that I may have a different view of is that I wouldn't consider @MLadin "delusional ". Many alternative medicine practitioners have had to fight tooth and nail against the medical establishment for any kind of support or funding. MD's typically shy away, or even laugh at their practices. I personally know how my chiropractor had and still has many battles for funding. That type of opposition could definitely make one more of a pessimist and critical.
The great thing at the end is that we get to hear all the opposing views, and make a decision for ourselves.
A little amusing how we've moved from the original topic ?, but enlightening, nonetheless.

Sent from the Purple Zone

I agree. I like to derisively call our current health care regime 'industrial medicine'. There's a lot they could learn from the more holistic approach of some alternative medicines, and in some instances I think they have adopted some lesson along the way. Though change is usually painfully slow (pun intended). But none of that requires the assumption of any conspiracy or ill will from the powers-that-be. It's a lumbering bureaucratic system to be sure, but its lethargy can sometimes be a asset to health care. The guiding maxim in medical circles is 'first, do no harm', after all.

Last edited:
Whatever happened to good old fashioned exercise and watching what you eat?

Why is a pill always the answer these days? You want probiotics? Eat yogurt.

They are not certified under the College of Physicians and Surgeons nor the College of Nurses. Its dependent on where you went to school, the Cdn College of Naturopathic Medicine wants you to have a 3yr BA deg in anything, plus credits in biology, physiology, chemistry , sociology but there are other schools with easier programs.
Ontario moved to create a regulatory board of naturopathic doctors in 2015, not sure where that stands, to offer better protection for patients.

There is value to it, and everybody needs to understand at the end of the day YOU are responsible for your health. In some areas they (natruro's) have struggled with credibility, like Chinese medicine when it first arrived on the scene. There are wakadoodles in every level of medicine.

Whatever happened to good old fashioned exercise and watching what you eat?

Why is a pill always the answer these days? You want probiotics? Eat yogurt.

Thats why i was interested in knowing what he is taking to think that its keeping him "youthful and young"
As i said earlier, most pills/vitamins you take you end up pissing out of your body anyways.

I agree. I like to derisively call our current health care regime 'industrial medicine'. There's a lot they could learn from the more holistic approach of some alternative medicines, and in some instances I think they have adopted some lesson along the way. Though change is usually painfully slow (pun intended). But none of that requires the assumption of any conspiracy or ill will from the powers-that-be. It's a lumbering bureaucratic system to be sure, but its lethargy can sometimes be a asset to health care. The guiding maxim in medical circles is 'first, do no harm', after all.

If that maxim was only to be sacred and honoured by all branches of medicine, including the one based on "big pharma and knife" first .... there's so much hypocrisy in Health Canada these days that one must feel for people who simply rely on them to keep them healthy and in good order.

Plenty of lactose-free yogurt options with probiotic benefits available.

DHEA has been around for 20-plus years. Mainly hyped as a muscle builder. That much time and still no clear evidence to support its use in any way. For every study stating "it may be of benefit" there's a whole lot more stating "it had no effect". Bit of a bold claim stating it will keep you young into your 70's.

Back
Top Bottom