Best Looking R3 (2015) Color? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Best Looking R3 (2015) Color?

Best Color on A 2015 R3?

• Total voters
The chart you posted? That's HP.

Horse power is not torque. Torque is what you feel, or the power to do work, an actual measurement of how much work has be accomplished. Horse power is an equation that was developed to determine how quickly the accomplished work can done. YT/Google/whatever... lots of great explanations out there if my beersplaning is not making sense

Apples to apples... a 335d makes more torque but less HP then a 335i. The diesel is faster to 100 and pins you to the seat, but it can't keep the effort up (less HP) and the gasoline 335i will overtake it by 200

So yes sir, the R3 is faster, but the actual work produced down low by the CBR could certainly make it feel quicker, initially... Much in the same way Harley guys "feel" like they're riding the most powerful bike on the planet.

I like the black and red fwiw

The chart you posted? That's HP.

Yes, and HP = Torque x RPM / 5252.

If two engines are compared and one's HP figure is higher at any given RPM then its torque figure at that RPM is also higher since the other terms of the equation (RPM -- a fixed point in comparison -- and 5252) are both constant.

So yes sir, the R3 is faster, but the actual work produced down low by the CBR could certainly make it feel quicker...

Only in that narrow band between 5500 and 6700. The rest of the time the R3 is making more torque, more power and thus can do more work per unit time.

I think the impression the fellow had is coming solely from the somewhat shorter overall 1st-gear ratio of the CBR300R (24.661:1) vs the R3 (23.366:1) and, perhaps, that small window where the CBR makes more torque and power.

The bikes are within spitting distant of each other in terms of wet weight so that's probably not it. It could come down to part-throttle timing and fueling (dynos, after all, are done at WOT versus part throttle operation on the street).

I like the black and red fwiw

A friend bought an R3 last summer in red/white. Definitely a sharp colour combo. I'm partial to the blue for some reason, perhaps the blue wheels set it off...

In looking at the chart, the only time the R3 is making less torque than the CBR is right around that point. Below 5500 and above 6700 the R3 is making more. Maybe that's what JP0160 felt, that 1200RPM band where the CBR out-torques the R3. :shrug:

Meh, it was just my butt dyno but it was the low revs like 3-5k when taking off or accelerating. They didn't feel as "easy" on the R3 as they do my CBR, if that makes any sense. Either way I really dgaf :cool:

Yes, and HP = Torque x RPM / 5252.

If two engines are compared and one's HP figure is higher at any given RPM then its torque figure at that RPM is also higher since the other terms of the equation (RPM -- a fixed point in comparison -- and 5252) are both constant.

Only in that narrow band between 5500 and 6700. The rest of the time the R3 is making more torque, more power and thus can do more work per unit time.

I think the impression the fellow had is coming solely from the somewhat shorter overall 1st-gear ratio of the CBR300R (24.661:1) vs the R3 (23.366:1) and, perhaps, that small window where the CBR makes more torque and power.

The bikes are within spitting distant of each other in terms of wet weight so that's probably not it. It could come down to part-throttle timing and fueling (dynos, after all, are done at WOT versus part throttle operation on the street).

A friend bought an R3 last summer in red/white. Definitely a sharp colour combo. I'm partial to the blue for some reason, perhaps the blue wheels set it off...

Definately more then just peak numbers at play, and at no time did I discount gear ratio or other, but think about riding the bike, that narrow band... right about where you spend most your time in the average responsible ride. The CBR ramps up from 5 while the R3 stays flat; maybe in that range it just feels flat.. Absolutely no doubt the R3 is a much better package, this was just about the feels lol

Back
Top Bottom